What the hell is going on in our schools?

CivilLiberty said:
Decades ago, this was considered just silly fun - today it's considered "deviant" by homophobic adults. I suppose next the Christian agenda will have us outlawing Halloween as a sick pagan ritual.

More idiotic crap....There you lib-tards go again, jumping on every little thing as "homophobic" or a "Chrisitan agenda". Did it ever occur to you that the Left has an agenda to turn our kids into hookers?? Yeah, teach fifth graders how to put condoms on bananas. :puke3:

You play all the stereotypes very well.....nice use of liberal clichés. Homophobic my arse. Shut the hell up. :poop:

dilloduck said:
If it gets much worse a little jail time or a fine couldn't hurt. I miss being a protester sometimes ! :clap1:

My mother always said she raised me to be a fighter, if I am willing to go to jail for busting Beagles out of research labs Im willing to sing Religious Christmas songs for the cause....... :firing:

CivilLiberty said:
Decades ago, this was considered just silly fun

When exactly was that?

Because I don't recall a 'Transvestite Day' when I went to school. I couldn't say, up until today, that I had ever even heard of such a thing.

Zhukov said:
When exactly was that?

Because I don't recall a 'Transvestite Day' when I went to school. I couldn't say, up until today, that I had ever even heard of such a thing.

Funny i was thinking the same thing. I deffinately didnt experience any day when we were supposed to dress ups women and i went through the public school system within the past 15 year...crap im starting to get old :eek:

Merlin said:
Civil Liberty, your quote, "Decades ago, this was considered just silly fun - today it's considered "deviant" by homophobic adults. I suppose next the Christian agenda will have us outlawing Halloween as a sick pagan ritual", has been baned in a lot of schools already because it supposedly insults witches. There are a lot of schools in the news now that won't allow Christmas Navity scenes, or even say Merry Christmas to each other. It's too much for me to hope for to be alive for the next civil disobedience uprising. Sure would like to be though. But these very things has been in the news lately.

Great post, Merlin. You beat me to the punch with the "Halloween might insult witches" story, dagnabbit!

If it wasnt mandatory then who cares. ITs all good fun. People need to lighten up on BOTH sides. Liberal nutjobs cry Zealotism from Christians and Right wing nutjobs cry blasphemy from Atheists.

This shouldnt be school mandated. Let the kids live their own damn lives.

The point is, it isn't appropriate. It's far from appropriate.

Would you be alright with a 'Pimps and Ho's Day' if it wasn't mandatory?

Kids in school should be sitting down, keeping quiet, and learning, not engaging in this sort of ridiculous distraction.

Furthermore, I don't think whoever came up with the idea for this sort of thing was interested in the kids 'just having fun'.

Zhukov said:
The point is, it isn't appropriate. It's far from appropriate.

Would you be alright with a 'Pimps and Ho's Day' if it wasn't mandatory?

Kids in school should be sitting down, keeping quiet, and learning, not engaging in this sort of ridiculous distraction.

Furthermore, I don't think whoever came up with the idea for this sort of thing was interested in the kids 'just having fun'.

Yeah Z this has agenda written all over it, good clean fun I think NOT!!!

i see this in after school activities all the time when i was in high school. Guys would fool around on the football team and such and do goofy things.

It was all in good fun. I dont ever remember the school sponsoring this kind of thing though. SO i can see your point there.

We had a cross-dressing day in my high school. It was just silly fun. Several girls wore men's business suits and a few guys (not me) dressed in drag. It was for a laugh. We had a whole week of these days - different themed each day. I recall one was hat day, another was hippie day, etc.

There were a few girls who seemed to think everyday was ho day at my school. And I guarantee you at 95% of public schools no one will bite your head off if you wish someone a Merry Christmas. Of course, you can convey the same wishes to everyone by saying Happy Holidays and avoid the arguments. Whatever floats your boat.

People need to lighten up.

acludem

acludem said:
We had a cross-dressing day in my high school. It was just silly fun. Several girls wore men's business suits and a few guys (not me) dressed in drag. It was for a laugh. We had a whole week of these days - different themed each day. I recall one was hat day, another was hippie day, etc.

There were a few girls who seemed to think everyday was ho day at my school. And I guarantee you at 95% of public schools no one will bite your head off if you wish someone a Merry Christmas. Of course, you can convey the same wishes to everyone by saying Happy Holidays and avoid the arguments. Whatever floats your boat.

acludem

I agree with the substance of your post. However, it's rather hard to "lighten up" when you see religious freedom and tolerance under constant attack from bungling bureacrats and zealous secularists.

If the incident under discussion here was an isolated one then you would be absolutely correct. But the fact is that this is simply one tiny portion of a much wider secularist assault on some of the most cherished principles of our society.

Some of us are getting more than just a little tired of the philosophy of the ACLU, the courts and the far left which seems to be that it is acceptable to deny a thousand christians their right to worship in public because they may offend one atheist.

acludem said:

acludem

Yes it's nice to have fun, but isn't there more constructive ways of having fun in school other than cross dressing.........Exactly what is the point of that???? Sure I could wear a suit and my guy friends could wear dresses so what, what's fun about that??? it seems like a silly waste of time.

Bonnie said:
Yes it's nice to have fun, but isn't there more constructive ways of having fun in school other than cross dressing.........Exactly what is the point of that???? Sure I could wear a suit and my guy friends could wear dresses so what, what's fun about that??? it seems like a silly waste of time.
You dont suppose it could be a very subtle attempt by the gay rights advocates to earn some legitimacey (sp?) among the youth of America? Just a thought.

acludem said:

acludem

People have been pretty "light" for years until groups like yours came along and started to take away the rights of Christians.

dilloduck said:
People have been pretty "light" for years until groups like yours came along and started to take away the rights of Christians.

Yes Dillo maybe too light?? The Christian bashing creeped up right under our collective noses and we were so busy we barely noticed until it became blatant! Better late than never!

CSM said:
You dont suppose it could be a very subtle attempt by the gay rights advocates to earn some legitimacey (sp?) among the youth of America? Just a thought.

I would say everything they do is an attempt to mainstream their cause........if they are so sure they are right why do they have this overwhelming need to convince us they are normal????

Bonnie said:
Yes Dillo maybe too light?? The Christian bashing creeped up right under our collective noses and we were so busy we barely noticed until it became blatant! Better late than never!

Probably will get worse until the left gets the message. Thought this election might give em a clue. :laugh:

Forum List

Back