What should the US response be?

The state department issued a statement of apology. Then when it turned out that yet another apology disgusted Americans is trying to walk it back by claiming that the state department is rogue.

Whatever obama does, if it turns out that it's not well received, it's a mistake and he blames someone else.

Did the U.S. apologize for the Cairo embassy attack?

CBS News) After a massive crowd of angry Egyptians began amassing outside the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, furious over an anti-Muslim film produced in the U.S., the embassy there released a statement saying it did not support any anti-religious efforts.

"The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims - as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions," the statement began.

Conservatives have pounced on the statement, calling it an "apology," and the White House responded by saying it had not approved the statement before its release.
Did the U.S. apologize for the Cairo embassy attack? - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Ravi, perhaps you were legitmately not aware there was an apology made by the Embassy. I don't fault you for that. And I was not aware that the White House is trying to walk it back.
Truce.
The statement was released before there were any attacks. An attempt at diplomacy that failed.

Here's the full statement. It includes the date. It is after the attack.

Radicals attack US embassy, Obama apologizes. Will Romney speak out? (UPDATE: Romney speaks out)

Here is the statement released Tuesday by the U.S. embassy, in its entirety:
The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims -- as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others.
Radicals attack US embassy, Obama apologizes. Will Romney speak out? (UPDATE: Romney speaks out) | WashingtonExaminer.com

I have given you article after article to prove that there was an apology and the White House was trying to walk it back.
1) There was an apology 2) The White House is trying it's best to disavow that apology 3) Reality sucks, but it is what it is.
I noticed you left off the time.

Fail.

Yeah, Vanilla Ice....you must be in stoned mode this morning.

Yes, the US should TORTURE terrorists to get intel before we kill them....what common sense. :eusa_whistle:

Oh, killing them is more "humane." :cuckoo:

Alan Colmes was on O'Reilly last night explaining killing terrorists isn't more violent than torturing them, while he tortured his own brain trying to explain it.:badgrin:

Why don't you go torture someone, bro.

I'm just wondering what type of satisfaction it gives you to be uber angry and ass-holish when you espouse your partisan views on the daily -

and all this tough talk about torture, etc....

When really - you're a dude, sitting on the internet saying these things. You're not ABOUT that life, you're a guy who talks about it all in CAPS and angry words, you're not a guy OUT THERE, doing shit.

So yea, call me stoned Vanilla Ice but you? You're fucking f-u-n-n-y.

Go storm a Russian Embassy, kill the ambassador, and watch what happens next. I bet Putin wont be blaming the Russians.

That sounds like a very safe bet.

I remember what happened to our embassador in Afghanistan in 1979....do you? Hint...it involved the Soviets.

The murder of the US Ambassador and the Soviet intervention had nothing to do with each other.

What should the US response be?

I believe a two pronged approach is neccesary....

Make Liability stop posting his hateful anti MOOOOZZZLLLEMM jibberish!

Send Willard over there to convert the MOOOOZZLEMS to Mormans!

The DoS is full of idiots that are anti-US and peaceniks. They have dug themselves into the system like parasites and they are ignored, even after doing apologies for the US without permission.

Obamination shares many of their views of being a weak limp dick around the world, but some of them are even more extreme than him when it comes to standing up to our enemies. They believe appeasing terrorists is the best strategy and they oppose any violence by the US against our enemies.

The state department issued a statement of apology. Then when it turned out that yet another apology disgusted Americans is trying to walk it back by claiming that the state department is rogue.

Whatever obama does, if it turns out that it's not well received, it's a mistake and he blames someone else.

Can you rap that?

Why don't you go torture someone, bro.

I'm just wondering what type of satisfaction it gives you to be uber angry and ass-holish when you espouse your partisan views on the daily -

When really - you're a dude, sitting on the internet saying these things. You're not ABOUT that life, you're a guy who talks about it all in CAPS and angry words, you're not a guy OUT THERE, doing shit.

Can you rap that?

I could draw it with big crayons and glitter glue, ala Mr. Shaman, tbh.

Yes, we aren't in Lybia. :eusa_whistle: We can't retreat from countries that don't exist.

Oh, retreat from the US Embassy in Libya, dumbfuck.

Yeah, we should retreat and apologize in your little brain.

The CIA and Spec Ops should be paying Libya a visit until we know these terrorist groups fear being in Libya.

Get a grip.

Retreat to where moron? We are not at war with Lybia.

Yes, we aren't in Lybia. :eusa_whistle: We can't retreat from countries that don't exist.

Oh, retreat from the US Embassy in Libya, dumbfuck.

Yeah, we should retreat and apologize in your little brain.

The CIA and Spec Ops should be paying Libya a visit until we know these terrorist groups fear being in Libya.

Retreat to where moron? We are not at war with Lybia.

If you are hyperventilating you should take a paper bag and breath into it. That should stabalize the gases in your lungs and you will start to think clearly again.

We should chastize whoever offended the the sub human muzzies delicate sensibilities, promise it wont happen again, and send them money...............lol

What should the US response be to the attacks on its missions in Egypt and Libya?

Personally I think a firm and decisive response is needed to drive home the message that these kinds of attacks will have an unbearable cost for those who attempt them.

In Libya the government has already apologized and condemned the attack, and this should be acknowledged. As a further step the Libyan government should provide all necessary information as to which groups were behind this attack. They should then be targeted for military elimination by US forces.

In Egypt the US should also demand an apoloy from the government and an unequivocal condemnation of the attack there. The US government should order its staff to take down the black flag that was hung up there and it should be destroyed. Furthermore the Egyptian government should be told to immediately arrest the organizers of the demonstrations and to make clear that anybody calling for violence against the US will also be arrested. It should clamp down on extremist groups. If it fails to act, all aid to Egypt should be cancelled as well as all supply of military material and a boycot of Egyptian goods and travel to Egypt put in place.
Maybe we should stop funding militant groups for creating insurrection in these country's?

The appropriate response would be to go in there and squash them like the insects they are. Admit that supporting the muslim brotherhood was a mistake.

Forum List

Back