What should the US response be?

Have you forgotten reality here? We already responded. With an apology no less. I'm sure Obama, when told of the embassy attacks and the number dead, said, "Send out an apology and consider the matter done. Carry on."
Nothing interferes with campaigning, unless it's a Late Night Show with David Letterman.,

There was no apology.

And everyone can see that you are peeing your pants in glee over these deaths.

the radical right thrives on schadenfreud

Have you forgotten reality here? We already responded. With an apology no less. I'm sure Obama, when told of the embassy attacks and the number dead, said, "Send out an apology and consider the matter done. Carry on."
Nothing interferes with campaigning, unless it's a Late Night Show with David Letterman.,

There was no apology.

Liberals are habitual liars.. I posted several links.. even Morning Joe talked about the apology this morning.. Do you really think you can LIE your ass off and pretend it didn't happen and people are going to believe you?? Is your leftist religion sooo important that you go out here and willfully lie your ass off , all over the place?!! LMAO OMG.. unreal!

What should the US response be to the attacks on its missions in Egypt and Libya?

Personally I think a firm and decisive response is needed to drive home the message that these kinds of attacks will have an unbearable cost for those who attempt them.

In Libya the government has already apologized and condemned the attack, and this should be acknowledged. As a further step the Libyan government should provide all necessary information as to which groups were behind this attack. They should then be targeted for military elimination by US forces.

In Egypt the US should also demand an apoloy from the government and an unequivocal condemnation of the attack there. The US government should order its staff to take down the black flag that was hung up there and it should be destroyed. Furthermore the Egyptian government should be told to immediately arrest the organizers of the demonstrations and to make clear that anybody calling for violence against the US will also be arrested. It should clamp down on extremist groups. If it fails to act, all aid to Egypt should be cancelled as well as all supply of military material and a boycot of Egyptian goods and travel to Egypt put in place.

if these governments do not go beyond lip service and do not go after these terrorists.. warn innocent civilians to either get out or rise up against these tyrants.. because next would be a strike

nuke.jpg

Last edited:

There was no apology.

Walking Back the Cairo Apology

The Obama administration is attempting to walk back the damage done by the apology issued by the U.S. Embassy in Cairo for criticisms of Islam made by American citizens. In the wake of condemnations of the embassy’s shocking statement, which seemed to justify the violence that was directed at the United States, administration officials have now said the apology was not vetted by Washington.

Responding perhaps to Mitt Romney’s outrage about the apology, last night Secretary of State Hillary Clinton issued her own statement in which she also condemned critics of Islam but added, “There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind.” But with the attacks on posts in both Libya and Cairo now having left four Americans dead and with anti-U.S. rioters acting with impunity, the problem here is bigger than one retracted apology.

Walking Back the Cairo Apology « Commentary Magazine

No apology??? Want to take back those negs, now?

And there is no way I would be happy about the deaths of any Americans at the hands if extremists!! How dare you get anything like that from that post.

I believe another apology is in order. It is yours.

There was no apology.

The Obama administration is attempting to walk back the damage done by the apology issued by the U.S. Embassy in Cairo for criticisms of Islam made by American citizens. In the wake of condemnations of the embassy’s shocking statement, which seemed to justify the violence that was directed at the United States, administration officials have now said the apology was not vetted by Washington.

Responding perhaps to Mitt Romney’s outrage about the apology, last night Secretary of State Hillary Clinton issued her own statement in which she also condemned critics of Islam but added, “There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind.” But with the attacks on posts in both Libya and Cairo now having left four Americans dead and with anti-U.S. rioters acting with impunity, the problem here is bigger than one retracted apology.

And there is no way I would be happy about the deaths of any Americans at the hands if extremists!! How dare you get anything like that from that post.

Posting incorrect blog posts doesn't prove your point.

There was no apology.

the radical right thrives on schadenfreud

The right thrives on Truth. There was an apology and everyone or most, know it.

There was no apology.

So, this blog just pulled this out of thin air? LOL!

Yes.

Before the attack in Egypt the state department issued a statement in an effort to alleviate the stupid video.

It didn't work.

There was no apology for the attacks by anyone but the Libyian government.

Liberals are habitual liars.. I posted several links.. even Morning Joe talked about the apology this morning.. Do you really think you can LIE your ass off and pretend it didn't happen and people are going to believe you?? Is your leftist religion sooo important that you go out here and willfully lie your ass off , all over the place?!! LMAO OMG.. unreal!

Go storm a Russian Embassy, kill the ambassador, and watch what happens next. I bet Putin wont be blaming the Russians.

Obama should also make a clear and unequivocal statement defending the right of filmmakers to to make a film critical of Islam and/or Mohammed as an essential freedom.

Go storm a Russian Embassy, kill the ambassador, and watch what happens next. I bet Putin wont be blaming the Russians.

That sounds like a very safe bet.

What should the US response be to the attacks on its missions in Egypt and Libya?

Personally I think a firm and decisive response is needed to drive home the message that these kinds of attacks will have an unbearable cost for those who attempt them.

In Libya the government has already apologized and condemned the attack, and this should be acknowledged. As a further step the Libyan government should provide all necessary information as to which groups were behind this attack. They should then be targeted for military elimination by US forces.

In Egypt the US should also demand an apoloy from the government and an unequivocal condemnation of the attack there. The US government should order its staff to take down the black flag that was hung up there and it should be destroyed. Furthermore the Egyptian government should be told to immediately arrest the organizers of the demonstrations and to make clear that anybody calling for violence against the US will also be arrested. It should clamp down on extremist groups. If it fails to act, all aid to Egypt should be cancelled as well as all supply of military material and a boycot of Egyptian goods and travel to Egypt put in place.

All aid to Egypt should be cut regardless. This shows that the governments in Egypt and Libya are either complicit, or powerless to stop it. Bring all government officials home asap, and have nothing more to do with either government. We should stop propping up both of these governments, and leave them to deal with their own mess.

Shouldn't ban travel to Egypt, however, merely make it clear that one travels there at their own risk.

There was no apology.

You have "LMAO OMG" in your post, and in the meantime, you're perpetuating the lie that the apology was in response to the attacks when in FACT, the apology was prior to the attacks in response to the guy's dumb fucking movie.

When you lie by omission like that, and then LMAO OMG at people as though you're superior, it looks small.

Yes.

Before the attack in Egypt the state department issued a statement in an effort to alleviate the stupid video.

It didn't work.

Did the U.S. apologize for the Cairo embassy attack?

CBS News) After a massive crowd of angry Egyptians began amassing outside the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, furious over an anti-Muslim film produced in the U.S., the embassy there released a statement saying it did not support any anti-religious efforts.

"The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims - as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions," the statement began.

Conservatives have pounced on the statement, calling it an "apology," and the White House responded by saying it had not approved the statement before its release.
Did the U.S. apologize for the Cairo embassy attack? - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Ravi, perhaps you were legitmately not aware there was an apology made by the Embassy. I don't fault you for that. And I was not aware that the White House is trying to walk it back.
Truce.

That sounds like a very safe bet.

I remember what happened to our embassador in Afghanistan in 1979....do you? Hint...it involved the Soviets.

A war with Libya would be fruitless and easy.

There is nothing left, no established forces or clearly marked targets.. They would blend in with citizens and use them as bullet shields.

Perhaps we can turn them into a glass parking lot? :lol:

Yes.

It didn't work.

Did the U.S. apologize for the Cairo embassy attack?

CBS News) After a massive crowd of angry Egyptians began amassing outside the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, furious over an anti-Muslim film produced in the U.S., the embassy there released a statement saying it did not support any anti-religious efforts.

"The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims - as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions," the statement began.

Conservatives have pounced on the statement, calling it an "apology," and the White House responded by saying it had not approved the statement before its release.
Did the U.S. apologize for the Cairo embassy attack? - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Ravi, perhaps you were legitmately not aware there was an apology made by the Embassy. I don't fault you for that. And I was not aware that the White House is trying to walk it back.
Truce.

Condemnation of stupid acts by the Coptics and an AMERICAN, Terry Jones, is NOT an apology....it is a condemnation.

The U.S. government cannot apologize for something it did not do....but it can sure condemn.

I hope the families of the dead sue Terry Jones for all he has.

Forum List

Back