What should southern religious republicans do?

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
It seems a lot of their vote depends on family values and the religious views of the candidates, which I have no issue with.

They went for Huckabee in 2008.

2012 it'll likely be Mitt Romney or Newt Gingrich.

Many southern religious republicans don't view mormonism as christian, some even think of it as a cult or worse..

Also they don't like adultery. Jesus specifically stated divorce and getting with another woman while your first wife is alive is adultery.

Matthew 19:9 KJV - And I say unto you Whosoever shall put - Bible Gateway

Matthew 19:9
King James Version (KJV)

9And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

Seems like quite a pickle. Pick someone many don't view as a christian, or pick someone who's been consistently committing adultery for decades.

What say you?

It seems a lot of their vote depends on family values and the religious views of the candidates, which I have no issue with.

Many southern religious republicans don't view mormonism as christian, some even think of it as a cult or worse..

Also they don't like adultery. Jesus specifically stated divorce and getting with another woman while your first wife is alive is adultery.

Seems like quite a pickle. Pick someone many don't view as a christian, or pick someone who's been consistently committing adultery for decades.

What say you?
I say.....those Bible-Belt boys surely are into screwin'-around-on-their-wives!! I guess it could be worse. They could be Mormons. :eek:

"I believe Newt is a conservative visionary who can transform our country… Newt is not perfect, but who among us is? The fact is, there is forgiveness for those who seek God - and I believe in the power of redemption for it is a central tenant of my Christian faith." - Rick Perry

I've often wondered if.....or, how often....Callista has busted "Frig" Newton.

Then, again.....due to their history....I'm sure an open-account at Tiffany & Co. pretty-much carries the same weight as "redemption".

callista-gingrich.jpg

maybe they could start voting for people who are going to make their lives better.

Any opinions on who a southern religious republican should vote for?

It's NOT Christianity.

Educate yourself, asswipe.

You'll come across as less of an assclown

I made no claim to whether or not mormonism is christianity.

Couldn't care less.

Now is when you act like a tough guy by negging me :lol:

Matthew 19:9 KJV - And I say unto you Whosoever shall put - Bible Gateway

Matthew 19:9
King James Version (KJV)

9And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

What say you?
Wasn't the Clinton a redneck from Ark an saws?

Seems like Newt can "fornicate" wherever and with whomever he pleases. According to Liberals, what goes on in one's private life - is indeed private. Just ask the Blowjob King Clinton.

I have found during my time in the South, what they say and what they do are two entirely different things.

Especially when it comes to racism...however, I'd add the words "in public."

They should leave their damned bibles at home when they go to vote but as they tend to vote against people they will dutifully vote for the candidate for god's party, the republicans, LOL.

Even among right wing Christians, tolerance toward Mormons varies quite a bit. I would say that most of them will vote for Romney, a lot will stay home, and a few will vote for Obama. Religion and politics do not make good bedfellows. They never have and they never will.

Forum List

Back