What should be done, if anything, to bring home $5 trillion held overseas by American businesses?

That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard for excusing our massive deficits. I suppose if we continue to devalue our currency we can eventually render our debt worthless? What a fucking moron.

In any event, the next time I hear some lefty chastising Trump for the cost of his weekends at Mar-a-Lago, I shall call on you to explain how much he is helping bolster retirement accounts!
Why are we running massive federal budget deficits, if lowering taxes raises more revenue?

Because we spend more than we receive in revenue. This isn't a matter of opinion, it's a proven fact. The numbers are public information available to everyone.

There is no time in modern history where we lowered the top marginal tax rates and it didn't result in increased tax revenue. That doesn't have anything to do with how much we spend.
Oh, bullshit. Reagan lowered the top bracket and revenues fell. Bush lowered the top bracket and revenues fell in . Revenues increased after Reagan raised other taxes after lowering income tax. Revenues under Bush started increasing again as the housing bubble fueled the economy.

Government Tax and Revenue Chart: United States 1960-2017 - Federal State Local Data

If you didn't post bullshit, you'd have nothing to post at all.

No dumb shit.....revenues almost doubled, and democrat spending more than doubled...dumb ass....
Can someone show dumbfuck2aguy how to read a chart? I posted one showing revenue fell in 1982 and 1983 after Reagan cut taxes before revenues increased after raising taxes, but he's too rightarded to understand the numbers.

Dumb shit.......tax cuts don't work over night......they created the revenue......the democrats spent all of it...and more....dumb ass.....

Why are we running massive federal budget deficits, if lowering taxes raises more revenue?

Because we spend more than we receive in revenue. This isn't a matter of opinion, it's a proven fact. The numbers are public information available to everyone.

There is no time in modern history where we lowered the top marginal tax rates and it didn't result in increased tax revenue. That doesn't have anything to do with how much we spend.
Oh, bullshit. Reagan lowered the top bracket and revenues fell. Bush lowered the top bracket and revenues fell in . Revenues increased after Reagan raised other taxes after lowering income tax. Revenues under Bush started increasing again as the housing bubble fueled the economy.

Government Tax and Revenue Chart: United States 1960-2017 - Federal State Local Data

No dumb shit.....revenues almost doubled, and democrat spending more than doubled...dumb ass....
Can someone show dumbfuck2aguy how to read a chart? I posted one showing revenue fell in 1982 and 1983 after Reagan cut taxes before revenues increased after raising taxes, but he's too rightarded to understand the numbers.

Dumb shit.......tax cuts don't work over night......they created the revenue......the democrats spent all of it...and more....dumb ass.....
LOL

After Reagan cut income tax rates and after revenues fell and before revenues started rising again -- Reagan started raising other taxes.

Dumbfucking conservatives credit his income tax cuts which were followed by falling revenues.

giphy.gif

LOL

After Reagan cut income tax rates and after revenues fell and before revenues started rising again -- Reagan started raising other taxes.

Dumbfucking conservatives credit his income tax cuts which were followed by falling revenues.

giphy.gif

Dumb ass.....you dont get increases in tax revenue the year after you cut taxes......moron. Businesses actually have to expand, new businesses have to be created....people have to be hired, trained and products have to be made....

you left wingers no zero about how a business works......dumb ass...

......the democrats spent all of it...and more....dumb ass.....
More conservative dumbfuckery. :eusa_doh: Between the House, the Senate, and the Executive branch, Republicans controlled 2 of the 3 for ¾ of Reagan's presidency.... but it's the fault of Democrats. :eusa_doh:

LOL

giphy.gif

Dumb ass.....you dont get increases in tax revenue the year after you cut taxes......moron. Businesses actually have to expand, new businesses have to be created....people have to be hired, trained and products have to be made....

Riiiight... it's the moronic right who knows about business, not the left...

That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard for excusing our massive deficits. I suppose if we continue to devalue our currency we can eventually render our debt worthless? What a fucking moron.

In any event, the next time I hear some lefty chastising Trump for the cost of his weekends at Mar-a-Lago, I shall call on you to explain how much he is helping bolster retirement accounts!

Here is another article that explains how debt works. Do yourself a favor and read it along with the other two I posted

Borrowing and the Federal Debt
Your article supports my argument!
Like my other posts, no arguement is being presented, simply facts about how our economy works. You making claims that China owns the majority of our debt and that our countries debt is similar to a person with credit card debt shows me that you don't fully understand how these large scale economics operate.

Glad you read it.
Those are 'arguments' you've cajoled me into so you can apparently show off. Rather than sticking with the topic of the thread, lefties prefer to flit about from one rhetorical meme to another until complete boredom sets in where they proclaim victory.

I simply challenged the predictable lefty meme about slashing the military budget and you set out to retort your nonsense regarding debt and economics, neither of which you seem to know much about. But knowing about things isn't important to lefties, it's all about running game clock and avoiding thread topics.

I'm not trying to trap you I'm just asking to see what you understand. The US is a sovergn country in control of their own currency, it's economy very different than that of a private citizen or business racking up a credit card bill.

Foreign countries own about a third of our debt, not the majority, the rest is held by domestic governments, the federal reserve, and domestic private investors. So when your 401k buys treasury bonds, which most do because they are a stable low risk investment, you own a piece of the debt. This means part of servicing the debt is paying for our citizens retirements and funding our state governments and banks.

You didn't read the link I posted did you? Do yourself a favor and give it a look. It does a great job breaking down what the debt is and how we borrow.

Start with this one to understand the debt:
Federal Spending: Where Does the Money Go

Then this one to break down how we borrow and who we owe:

So did our debt. There is no reason to lower taxes on the one percent, until our debt situation is resolved.

If the right wing couldn't resort to diversion and confuse apples and oranges, they would have no argument at all.

tax cuts don't work; it is why we need to raise taxes to lower our debt.

LOL

giphy.gif

raising taxes does raise revenue.

Here is another article that explains how debt works. Do yourself a favor and read it along with the other two I posted

Like my other posts, no arguement is being presented, simply facts about how our economy works. You making claims that China owns the majority of our debt and that our countries debt is similar to a person with credit card debt shows me that you don't fully understand how these large scale economics operate.

Glad you read it.
Those are 'arguments' you've cajoled me into so you can apparently show off. Rather than sticking with the topic of the thread, lefties prefer to flit about from one rhetorical meme to another until complete boredom sets in where they proclaim victory.

I simply challenged the predictable lefty meme about slashing the military budget and you set out to retort your nonsense regarding debt and economics, neither of which you seem to know much about. But knowing about things isn't important to lefties, it's all about running game clock and avoiding thread topics.
Slashing the military budget means our politicians to our federal Congress, no longer will have the "luxury" of being incompetent at diplomacy, due merely to our exorbitantly expensive, superpower.

LOL

giphy.gif

Wrong... it's the other way around.

Glad you read it.

The guy that claims china owns the majority of our debt and rejects the idea that American citizens, governments, and businesses own a piece of the pie, can't really do much damage by calling me an idiot.

LOL

giphy.gif

Only in right wing fantasy, or we would have no debt.

LOL

giphy.gif

History proves you wrong.

Reagan cut taxes and the deficit exploded. Bush cut taxes and the deficit exploded. Clinton raised taxes and the deficit shrunk. Obama raised taxes and the deficit shrunk.

Glad you read it.

The guy that claims china owns the majority of our debt and rejects the idea that American citizens, governments, and businesses own a piece of the pie, can't really do much damage by calling me an idiot.
China is the largest foreign holder of our debt. Right behind them is Japan. Then there are a host of other foreign governments along with some domestic holders. Why does it matter to you who holds most of our debt? It's still debt and interest still has to be paid on it. Currently, that interest amounts to about half our defense budget. You don't think it's a problem because of some kooky nonsense about the interest paying for our retirements. Sounds like you've been listening to some Keynesian blow smoke up your ass and it gave you a boner.

LOL

giphy.gif

History proves you wrong.

Reagan cut taxes and the deficit exploded. Bush cut taxes and the deficit exploded. Clinton raised taxes and the deficit shrunk. Obama raised taxes and the deficit shrunk.
Only tax increases for the one percent until the debt is more reasonable.

Glad you read it.

China is the largest foreign holder of our debt. Right behind them is Japan. Then there are a host of other foreign governments along with some domestic holders. Why does it matter to you who holds most of our debt? It's still debt and interest still has to be paid on it. Currently, that interest amounts to about half our defense budget. You don't think it's a problem because of some kooky nonsense about the interest paying for our retirements. Sounds like you've been listening to some Keynesian blow smoke up your ass and it gave you a boner.
I haven't been "listening" to anybody I'm able to read, think for myself and understand how our economy works.
We weren't talking about foreign interest, we were talking about interest. You said China owned the majority and that was incorrect. I asked who owned the rest of it and you dodged. You either didn't know that the rest of the interest was owned domestically or you were trying to avoid admitting it, but I'm not sure why you'd do that.

The conversation started with bringing foreign money back to the US and moved towards a discussion about the debt and government spending. Can't have an intelligent conversation about it if you don't understand how it works. Can't have an intelligent conversation if you act defensive and attacking when you don't know an answer. How about you put your ego aside for a minute and open yourself up to learning something. It's the same bullheaded, uncompromising, know it all attitude that you are displaying that is causing the partisan gridlock in Washington. It's toxic. Grow up.

Glad you read it.

Republican supply side economics are, "contra-indicated" when we have massive debt, already.

Now is when supply side economics should, "switch gears" and start supplying us with better governance at lower cost.

Forum List

Back