What´s your favorite classic car?

what´s a goat?

goat-dui.jpg

I'm going to asume your not from around here.

"GOAT" is what a GTO is called. It's kind of like spelling GTO sideways. It was a Pontiac Tempest with an outsized engine. My brother had a Powder Blue Tempest with a white ragtop. By today's standards, the thing was hung together with airplane model glue and press board, but it had nice lines and weighed about 10 pounds so the big engines and 4-barrel carbs just about made pavement an afterthought.

Slide the Beach Boys Greatest Hits into the 8-Track and fly low.

It's no fun buying one! I want to build one!

And I want to put a 350 Chevy in it. :tongue:

Caterham sells kits dood!
I know. But it'd be more satisfying to build it from the ground up. :)

Besides, I don't like the nose. I want to do something similar to this: http://www.motorator.com/uploads/blog_images/0000/0772/FFR_Hot_Rod_Fenders_1.jpg

Ahh yes the classic 30's look. I'll stick with the original look I would rather go fast than look cool!:lol:

@daveman: Have you ever sat in one? These lotus super 7 are damn small and flat. Aren´t you afraid to get eaten by the next truck?[/IMG]
Not with a 350 (5.7 liters) in it. :tongue:

A friend of mine squeezed a small block Chevy V-8 into a Triumph TR-4 back in the 1970's. The radiator was repositioned flat on the bottom with two fans blowing air through it. The battery had to be moved to the trunk, the oil cooler was in the trunk as well. He got 10 speeding tickets in about a month and the judge took it away from him!

Great thread, I can't wait for the first Monday in May when we start our weekly car shows again. For a village of 1200, we manage to get 200+ classic cars every week. It is an awesome show. I'll take some pics this summer.

Anyway the number one classic car as far as I am concerned has to be the 68 Boss

Boss302_Rohrbaugh.JPG

All these pictures and not a single GOAT?

The fly-guys coming back from Viet nam when I was in school had these and other muscle cars. 442.

'67 was my favorite, but the '69 was the kind that my girlfriends older brother drove and that she eventually bought.

Loved that '64 Stingray! That scoop side vette was sweet.

I owned an LTD with about a 400 CI engine that just about flew and was so smoooooth accelerating. Front seat was like a living room couch. Power steering was absolutely effortless. Suspension was like a cloud.
A buddy in highschool had a first year '64 389" tripower damn! What a car.

Caterham sells kits dood!
I know. But it'd be more satisfying to build it from the ground up. :)

Besides, I don't like the nose. I want to do something similar to this: http://www.motorator.com/uploads/blog_images/0000/0772/FFR_Hot_Rod_Fenders_1.jpg

Ahh yes the classic 30's look. I'll stick with the original look I would rather go fast than look cool!:lol:
:lol: Not interested in racing or autocross. I just want a cruiser with a powerful Chevy 350 sound. And, of course, the sheer pleasure of the building process. :)

A co-worker offered to sell me one of these for $3,500 back in '74 or '75.
I asked my dad to loan me 2 grand to buy it and he said, "What the hell you want with a Cobra?"
AC-Cobra-Front.jpg

@daveman: Have you ever sat in one? These lotus super 7 are damn small and flat. Aren´t you afraid to get eaten by the next truck?[/IMG]
Not with a 350 (5.7 liters) in it. :tongue:

A friend of mine squeezed a small block Chevy V-8 into a Triumph TR-4 back in the 1970's. The radiator was repositioned flat on the bottom with two fans blowing air through it. The battery had to be moved to the trunk, the oil cooler was in the trunk as well. He got 10 speeding tickets in about a month and the judge took it away from him!

:rofl: I believe it!

Forum List

Back