What rights are the gays missing?

Homosexuals have the right to marry, they just can't marry somebody of the same sex.
Heterosexuals have the right to marry, they just can't marry somebody of the same sex.
Seems to me the rights are the same and not based upon sexual orientation.
Blacks could marry, they just couldn't marry someone a different color

Whites could marry, they just couldn't marry someone a different color

Seems like the law wasn't based on race or skin color

same with sitting at a table, riding a bus, drinking from a water fountain..

I used to think jim crow laws were racist; thanks for showing me the light :rolleyes:

Those laws were based upon skin color and racism. They no longer exist.
Restricting marriage against same sex couples applies to all sexual orientations, all races and all sexes. Try again.

I can't imagine what makes people so vehement about this subject. Nobody can force being gay upon one. They must have some deep seated inner phobia or be nosy control freaks.:cuckoo:

Sunni, I realize that you have a deep-seated hatred for the gay lifestyle. I get it. It almost seems pathological.

You've heard the old adage, "you will catch more flies with honey."? If you have such a deep desire to change the minds and lives of gay and lesbian people, then why not try another approach?

I just hate how gays are trying to force their homo agenda on everyone.

They want special homo friendly laws passed.

The military to accomondate them and become a kinder and homo friendly organization.

Schools to be forced to teach kids that homosexuality is normal and a wonderful lifestyle.

Change the definition of family and marriage to fit their warped agenda.

Gay couples want the same protections and rights given married couples. These include inheritance and property rights, medical coverage and decisions, child custody, insurance and divorce.

USATODAY.com - Gay-marriage foes try to stop 'activist courts'

Imagine this. A man is kicked out of his home at 15 for being gay. 45 years later, after he put himself though school and started a business with another man who he lived with for 30 years, he develops cancer. While he is in a coma, his "first cousin" who he never met, shows up and bans his boyfriend from visiting him in the hospital. He dies. The first cousin takes the boyfriend to court and is awarded half the house, half the money and half the business. The boyfriend is economically devastated and the 15 year old adopted son receives nothing because he was adopted by the "wrong gay".

Now, while I'm sure that Republicans would be cheering over bringing this much devastation to a gay household, many other Americans understand that it's evil. So, what rights do gays want? What a stupid, idiotic question.
Again, see the OP, what rights are missing as laid out in the Bill of Rights.

A sob story is nothing, people get sued all the time for rights and property after a family member dies, it isn't restricted to gays.
Your plea to emotion is as false as your argument. Oh wait, that was your false argument.

I get so tired of having to explain things to those on the right...

I've yet to see you explain a single thing. All I'll seen you do is go on anti-Republican rants, most of which you don't even attempt to support.

I can't imagine what makes people so vehement about this subject. Nobody can force being gay upon one. They must have some deep seated inner phobia or be nosy control freaks.:cuckoo:

I don't think so. The conservative right is an odd bunch.

They insist they don't want to be told what to do by "big government" yet have leaders that tell them the most outrageous and nonsensical things, yet they eat it up like pablum.

They want government out of the bedroom, yet have this lurid fascination with gays and "what they must be doing".

And once they have "decided" something must be true, it "must be true". They believed that Iraq was either behind 9/11 or deeply connected. Even after Bush said there was NO connection, they decided there was a connection and will defend it, period.

They have decided Obama is not an American. Even is name is "funny". All the birth certificates and newspaper announcements in the world won't change that. It's been "decided".

Evolution is a "faith". It's been "decided".

Rich people make jobs. It's been "decided".

It's why Bush was the "decider".

Gays are all evil. It's been "decided".

Iraq is now a free and open democracy. It's been "decided".

That's it. Debate over. It's been "decided". No evidence needed.

Again, see the OP, what rights are missing as laid out in the Bill of Rights.

A sob story is nothing, people get sued all the time for rights and property after a family member dies, it isn't restricted to gays.
Your plea to emotion is as false as your argument. Oh wait, that was your false argument.

I get so tired of having to explain things to those on the right...

I've yet to see you explain a single thing. All I'll seen you do is go on anti-Republican rants, most of which you don't even attempt to support.

You're crazy. I explain everything. To those with an index finger in each ear loudly singing the "la la" song, of course, nothing makes sense.

They insist they don't want to be told what to do by "big government" yet have leaders that tell them the most outrageous and nonsensical things, yet they eat it up like pablum.

They want government out of the bedroom, yet have this lurid fascination with gays and "what they must be doing".

And once they have "decided" something must be true, it "must be true". They believed that Iraq was either behind 9/11 or deeply connected. Even after Bush said there was NO connection, they decided there was a connection and will defend it, period.

They have decided Obama is not an American. Even is name is "funny". All the birth certificates and newspaper announcements in the world won't change that. It's been "decided".

And the Emmy for ignoring the Bill of Rights discussion goes to...................................
rdean
:clap2::clap2::clap2:
Congratulations on ignoring the subject matter and trying to act like your personal opinions are facts.

Sunni, I realize that you have a deep-seated hatred for the gay lifestyle. I get it. It almost seems pathological.

You've heard the old adage, "you will catch more flies with honey."? If you have such a deep desire to change the minds and lives of gay and lesbian people, then why not try another approach?

I just hate how gays are trying to force their homo agenda on everyone.

They want special homo friendly laws passed.

The military to accomondate them and become a kinder and homo friendly organization.

Schools to be forced to teach kids that homosexuality is normal and a wonderful lifestyle.

Change the definition of family and marriage to fit their warped agenda.

What's especially funny. The same way the gays excel at things the Republicans can't do on their own, the gays also do in the military. Look at that fighter pilot, decorations all over. Someone outside the military informs that the guy is gay and now he it being drummed out of the military. A fighter pilot. He didn't tell.

Then there were those dozens of Arabic translators in the military who were kicked out. Leaning to speak a conversational foreign language is difficult. Seems many gays have a knack for it.

Now that they have been kicked out, military units have to go out into neighborhoods without being able to talk to the locals. Wow, how safe. How smart. Republicans are more afraid of the gays than of the terrorists. Good for their little hearts. Someone might bet shot. They might get blown up, but at least they weren't "looked at" in the shower.

Gee....if you look hard enough it is in there somewhere

Lets try the 14th Amendment

So, right now we have laws which prohibit homosexuals from marrying the person of their choice. We also have laws prohibiting them from serving their country.
The next group to try to use the 14 Amendment to protect their sick lifestyles after homosexuals. Will be people into beastuality, pedophelia, and other perverse lifestyles.

Your side has tried to use that same tired argument since homosexuals started to fight for their rights. Your problem is that homosexuals are not violating any laws and they are consenting adults.
Our Constitution, specifically the 14th Amendment has been used to protect those rights.

i agree.....why is marrying you sister or mother father or brother illegal.....why is having multiple wives or husbands illegal......

And the Emmy for ignoring the Bill of Rights discussion goes to...................................
rdean
:clap2::clap2::clap2:
Congratulations on ignoring the subject matter and trying to act like your personal opinions are facts.

The problem is you are a fool.

The bill of rights doesn't say insurance companies can skim billions off insurance policies and offer nothing in return.

The bill of rights doesn't say blacks can marry whites.

The bill of rights doesn't say that you have a right to discriminate against the gays.

What the constitution DOES say is that all men are created equal. Only the screwy Republicans say "Some are MORE equal than others".

Don't play that bull hockey with me.

Gee....if you look hard enough it is in there somewhere

Lets try the 14th Amendment

So, right now we have laws which prohibit homosexuals from marrying the person of their choice. We also have laws prohibiting them from serving their country.

ROFLMNAO...

Well then, using this species of reasoning... which is "fairness"... it's not FAIR that homosexuality is abnormal, so to make it fair, we have to contrive that the abnormal is normal...

Thus pedophiles are normal, beastiality is normal... bank robbery is normal... autotheft is normal... public masterbation is normal... anything that some dumbass conjures which suits their cravings, thus fills their needs... thus compels them to engage in such; must be considered normal.

That it violates the rights of another... too fucking bad for them.

"What Rights do consensual Homosexuals violate?" The right to establish sound, sustainable cultural standards... which defend the culture from the calamitous effects which such behavior must inevitably manifest. The Right to hold to sound standards of behavior, which is rooted in the RESPONSIBILITY TO BEHAVE WITHIN THOSE SOUND STANDARDS.

Now where you claim that there is no such right... well ya just screwed yourself out of an argument. Because THAT is what you're claiming... the right to establish sound standards... sadly, you making the claim based upon a standard which is unsustaianble.

Which as it always does... brings the points of the debate home and closes any means fot he opposition to prevail... rendering their game checked and mated.

You are such a "wipe", a "stain".

It's kinda cool how the advocates of homosexuality are so consistantly fixated on the anus? Even in their abject failures; where they are unable to advance an intellectually sound retort, they can't resist framing it in terms which expose their own perverse obsessions.

That may be true, however, there are many people who are not sostrong. The young, for whom sex is a pleasure, and can be accomplished in a variety of ways. The gay person can be enticed to pleasure. if they like it, and if society says it is a norman and appropriate behavior, then you have gay sex even hapening among straights. There are people who are enticing young males with money to have sex with guys, and even some of them will do it on video.

I was a Parole Officer, working with adults, and I had a sex offender caseload. I got to see a lot of information through the law enforcement agencies that some people don't get to see or hear about. Some of these guys who follow money end up entrapped in the sexual culture, no matter if it is straight or homosexual. If society begins to say that this is OK, and acceptable for anyone, they force may not be the word, but enticement.

I don't want that for my Grand Children. Keep it illegal, for it will remain immoral. In the schools gay sex is very common, even for straights. it is often about sex these days, not just about attractions all the time.

I don't hate gays. I just don't want my Grand kids and beyond being subjected to the sexual behavior as if it was a normal everyday behavior. That is what has happened to sex in general, thanks to the media. Sexual behavior and discussions about it, even among what used to be a respected group opf people, women and children. Dirty jokes in public meetings is common. When you are around the garbage for very long, you begin to not smell it any longer. America ia beginning to look and smell like a dump!

The same way the gays excel at things the Republicans can't do on their own, the gays also do in the military. Look at that fighter pilot, decorations all over. Someone outside the military informs that the guy is gay and now he it being drummed out of the military. A fighter pilot. He didn't tell.

Please!! Please I beg you!!! No more "feel sorry for the poor homo" stories :(

I am running out of tears...........

btw why to you keep talking about Republicans to me???

Heck, I voted for Obama :eusa_angel:

The next group to try to use the 14 Amendment to protect their sick lifestyles after homosexuals. Will be people into beastuality, pedophelia, and other perverse lifestyles.

Your side has tried to use that same tired argument since homosexuals started to fight for their rights. Your problem is that homosexuals are not violating any laws and they are consenting adults.
Our Constitution, specifically the 14th Amendment has been used to protect those rights.

i agree.....why is marrying you sister or mother father or brother illegal.....why is having multiple wives or husbands illegal......

In a one on one relationship, there is equality under the law. It's much less clear when the marriage is a "group". Besides, for sure there are group families. And, even in a "group" family, there are legal marriages with do offer protections. Think about it.

As far as "incest" and such, why does the right bring up that kind of thing? What does incest have to do with gays?

The truth is, you want to turn it into a religious argument where you bring in ridiculous "moral" objections based on "supernatural" and "occult" beliefs. Many American don't share that nonsense and that nonsense is the ONLY reason for right wing objections.

It me, to indoctrinate children into the supernatural IS immoral and disgusting. Spreading that nonsense. Shame.

You can have many "morals" without basing them on "mysticism".

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, MM...I guess you at least care enough to spend your Saturday thinking about it.

:lol:

What other rights are you willing to give up because someone thinks it's icky?

Loaded question.
I expect everybody to stand up for their rights. I grow weary of people claiming their rights are violated or missing when they just happen to have the exact same rights everybody else has.
You either believe the government grants us rights or you believe we have a right to do whatever we want unless there is a compelling reason against our actions.

You fall into the former camp, I fall into the latter.

As long as you believe the government grants us rights you will always believe the government can regulate marriage, and therefore you will be able to justify refusing gays the ability to marry.

But you don't really care, of course, you just think big government is okay in this case.

:lol:

ROFLMNAO...

Well then, using this species of reasoning... which is "fairness"... it's not FAIR that homosexuality is abnormal, so to make it fair, we have to contrive that the abnormal is normal...

Thus pedophiles are normal, beastiality is normal... bank robbery is normal... autotheft is normal... public masterbation is normal... anything that some dumbass conjures which suits their cravings, thus fills their needs... thus compels them to engage in such; must be considered normal.

That it violates the rights of another... too fucking bad for them.

"What Rights do consensual Homosexuals violate?" The right to establish sound, sustainable cultural standards... which defend the culture from the calamitous effects which such behavior must inevitably manifest. The Right to hold to sound standards of behavior, which is rooted in the RESPONSIBILITY TO BEHAVE WITHIN THOSE SOUND STANDARDS.

Now where you claim that there is no such right... well ya just screwed yourself out of an argument. Because THAT is what you're claiming... the right to establish sound standards... sadly, you making the claim based upon a standard which is unsustaianble.

Which as it always does... brings the points of the debate home and closes any means fot he opposition to prevail... rendering their game checked and mated.

You are such a "wipe", a "stain".

It's kinda cool how the advocates of homosexuality are so consistantly fixated on the anus? Even in their abject failures; where they are unable to advance an intellectually sound retort, they can't resist framing it in terms which expose their own perverse obsessions.

There is nothing intellectual based on discrimination. Discrimination is synonymous with ignorance.

Gay couples want the same protections and rights given married couples. These include inheritance and property rights, medical coverage and decisions, child custody, insurance and divorce.

USATODAY.com - Gay-marriage foes try to stop 'activist courts'

Imagine this. A man is kicked out of his home at 15 for being gay. 45 years later, after he put himself though school and started a business with another man who he lived with for 30 years, he develops cancer. While he is in a coma, his "first cousin" who he never met, shows up and bans his boyfriend from visiting him in the hospital. He dies. The first cousin takes the boyfriend to court and is awarded half the house, half the money and half the business. The boyfriend is economically devastated and the 15 year old adopted son receives nothing because he was adopted by the "wrong gay".

Now, while I'm sure that Republicans would be cheering over bringing this much devastation to a gay household, many other Americans understand that it's evil. So, what rights do gays want? What a stupid, idiotic question.

While I am not a "republican" I am a conservative. I am not cheering on the behavior you have addressed above. Also, "SOME" republicans may be cheering this on, not all, or even most.

I believe families have very bad behavior arounf dunerals and family member deaths. They become greedy and selfish. Even liberals and Democrats are included as parts of this behavior.

I believe we have to have a more responsible response about relationships. The family had no business butting in at that point.

In a one on one relationship, there is equality under the law. It's much less clear when the marriage is a "group". Besides, for sure there are group families. And, even in a "group" family, there are legal marriages with do offer protections. Think about it.

As far as "incest" and such, why does the right bring up that kind of thing? What does incest have to do with gays?

The truth is, you want to turn it into a religious argument where you bring in ridiculous "moral" objections based on "supernatural" and "occult" beliefs. Many American don't share that nonsense and that nonsense is the ONLY reason for right wing objections.

It me, to indoctrinate children into the supernatural IS immoral and disgusting. Spreading that nonsense. Shame.

if it is the consenting adult arguement....and the persuit of happiness arguement....why should anyone put up with the governments rules concerning such things.....

the truth is you are making lots of assumptions and jumping to conclusions about what i beilieve and where i reside on the political spectrum.....

i have no objections to very much of anything.....

Forum List

Back