What rights are the gays missing?

Non-females couldn't vote if they weren't men, either. Nor could non-blacks vote if there skin was too dark. These laws applied equally to everybody :cuckoo:

And those laws no longer exist, do they?
Now tell me, can you identify somebody as homosexual just by looking at them? Can you or anybody else deny them a right just by looking at them?

One example that I can think of is a gay couple ("friends, partners, roommates") go to the emergency room at 3 AM for any illness. They are not legally related. They can't get married, because....2 men. So therefore, if a nurse or physician (and yes it does happen) is strongly anti-gay--they can have the person's significant other removed from the room, because most states...if not all....have no laws that protect the person's significant other. These 2 might have been together for 30 years, and it still doesn't matter.

There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with this.
And can you prove that happens only to gay couples? If two hetero people of the same sex showed up under the exact same circumstances can you prove they would be treated any differently?

Non-females couldn't vote if they weren't men, either. Nor could non-blacks vote if there skin was too dark. These laws applied equally to everybody :cuckoo:

Now tell me, can you identify somebody as homosexual just by looking at them? Can you or anybody else deny them a right just by looking at them?

What does how someone looks have to do with whether they get equal rights or not?
You almost get it, keep thinking, you might get there.

One example that I can think of is a gay couple ("friends, partners, roommates") go to the emergency room at 3 AM for any illness. They are not legally related. They can't get married, because....2 men. So therefore, if a nurse or physician (and yes it does happen) is strongly anti-gay--they can have the person's significant other removed from the room, because most states...if not all....have no laws that protect the person's significant other. These 2 might have been together for 30 years, and it still doesn't matter.

And can you prove that happens only to gay couples? If two hetero people of the same sex showed up under the exact same circumstances can you prove they would be treated any differently?

The straight couple has the legal right to sign a single sheet of paper and solve it with a simple contract

Gays are denied that right

Please. Not another "oh the poor homos" tear jerker story :(

Yea, it makes me real sad to hear about the plight of these perverts.

Now tell me, can you identify somebody as homosexual just by looking at them?
In some cases

Can you or anybody else deny them a right just by looking at them?

Can you deny a Christian a right by looking at them?

If you want to claim you can identify a homosexual just by looking at them you are full of that which makes the grass grow green.

I can't identify a christian just by looking at them, so how could I act on that?

And yet there's the 1st amendment and numerous christians always crying about their right to religion

Do you see how silly your question was, yet?

The straight couple has the legal right to sign a single sheet of paper and solve it with a simple contract

You say that, but you haven't proved it.
I asked about a couple of people that were of the same sex, but not homosexual being in the same circumstance, now tell me, how would a hospital know the sexual orientation? Give me facts on that, not your biased opinion.

Weak moral character...

So they lack the strength to choose between right and wrong?

I think that most of us lack some degree of moral strength.

1.When we criticize or condemn someone else--because none of us are perfect--that is wrong.

2. Sex outside of marriage--many consider this a lack of moral strength.

3. Smoking, alcohol abuse, overeating--wrong.

4. Lusting over someone--lack of moral strength.

5. Hating--lack of moral strength.

I respect your opinion, and can understand how you might believe this. But I believe that ultimately, this theory will be debunked.

And yet there's the 1st amendment and numerous christians always crying about their right to religion

Do you see how silly your question was, yet?

The question in the OP had nothing to do with religion.
You haven't addressed it yet.
Do you see how idiotic you look?

I will admit that yes, it does happen to both types of relationships. But, heterosexual couples have the option or marriage, which would protect their right to be present. Homosexual couples do not have that right.

Really? i haven't proved that gays are denied marriage? :cuckoo:

Is that not the point of this entire discussion?

I asked about a couple of people that were of the same sex, but not homosexual being in the same circumstance, now tell me, how would a hospital know the sexual orientation? Give me facts on that, not your biased opinion.

It's not an opinion, moron. It's a fact that straights can enter into a legally binding contract that homosexuals cannot.

I will admit that yes, it does happen to both types of relationships. But, heterosexual couples have the option or marriage, which would protect their right to be present. Homosexual couples do not have that right.

Homosexuals have the right to marry, they just can't marry somebody of the same sex.
Heterosexuals have the right to marry, they just can't marry somebody of the same sex.
Seems to me the rights are the same and not based upon sexual orientation.

Really? i haven't proved that gays are denied marriage? :cuckoo:

Is that not the point of this entire discussion?

It's not an opinion, moron. It's a fact that straights can enter into a legally binding contract that homosexuals cannot.

Gays are not denied marriage. See above post, it addresses all your false points.

Please. Not another "oh the poor homos" tear jerker story :(

Yea, it makes me real sad to hear about the plight of these perverts.

Sunni, I realize that you have a deep-seated hatred for the gay lifestyle. I get it. It almost seems pathological.

You've heard the old adage, "you will catch more flies with honey."? If you have such a deep desire to change the minds and lives of gay and lesbian people, then why not try another approach?

Homosexuals have the right to marry, they just can't marry somebody of the same sex.
Heterosexuals have the right to marry, they just can't marry somebody of the same sex.
Blacks could marry, they just couldn't marry someone a different color

Whites could marry, they just couldn't marry someone a different color

Seems like the law wasn't based on race or skin color

same with sitting at a table, riding a bus, drinking from a water fountain..

I used to think jim crow laws were racist; thanks for showing me the light :rolleyes:

Frank says D.C. gay rights march misses mark - Yahoo! News

snip,
Many gay rights advocates have criticized President Barack Obama for not moving faster to keep his campaign promises to extend gay rights, and Congress has also drawn flak for not doing more.

I just re-read The Bill of Rights, I'm curious, which rights outlined in that document do not apply to gays?

Still no answer. (aside from RightWinger's post about military service)
I find it funny that certain people want to harp on the fact that 2 gay people of the same sex can't get married, but completely ignore the fact that 2 heterosexuals of the same sex can't get married either. They are treated exactly the same.

OKAY, I'm certain that you know what I meant, but I will reiterate and revise...

Men and women can get married, they have that right. But a homosexual couple cannot marry each other. I'm certain that their love is as real as any heterosexual couple's.

May I ask? Do you care one way or the other? Is it about religion, and you're opposed? Is it because you cannot imagine that two adults of the same sex could possibly love each other?

Do you think that it's contagious? Are they knocking on your door, harrassing you with pamphlets about the GLBT lifestyle?

That is very good Carlinesque logic that you applied there. I will give you two thumbs up for that.

Forum List

Back