Obama on his Nobel win via HIS "barackobama.com" Site

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
This morning, Michelle and I awoke to some surprising and humbling news. At 6 a.m., we received word that I'd been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009.

To be honest, I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many of the transformative figures who've been honored by this prize -- men and women who've inspired me and inspired the entire world through their courageous pursuit of peace.

But I also know that throughout history the Nobel Peace Prize has not just been used to honor specific achievement; it's also been used as a means to give momentum to a set of causes.

That is why I've said that I will accept this award as a call to action, a call for all nations and all peoples to confront the common challenges of the 21st century. These challenges won't all be met during my presidency, or even my lifetime. But I know these challenges can be met so long as it's recognized that they will not be met by one person or one nation alone.

This award -- and the call to action that comes with it -- does not belong simply to me or my administration; it belongs to all people around the world who have fought for justice and for peace. And most of all, it belongs to you, the men and women of America, who have dared to hope and have worked so hard to make our world a little better.

So today we humbly recommit to the important work that we've begun together. I'm grateful that you've stood with me thus far, and I'm honored to continue our vital work in the years to come.

Thank you,

President Barack Obama

---

At least he's Honest enough to Know he doesn't Deserve it... But what Follows about it Motivating him Towards Certian Goals...

Our Policy in the US is NONE of the Nobel Fart Smelling Douchebag's Business, NOR should ANY President Take Direction from them.

Regardless of YOUR Politics, this should be Concerning.

And to those who said that this Site is not his...

Please.

:)

peace...

I, for one an thrilled that a few Norwegians are attempting to influence US policy by giving Obama a prize that he himself admits he didn't earn. Next he will likely get the "American most likely to kiss Norwegian ass" award too. Thank you Norway for contributing to the fallacy that it's not what you actually do that counts.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Obama and I finally agree, "To be honest, I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many of the transformative figures who've been honored by this prize"

Congratulations President Obama

May you fulfill all aspirations that go along with the title of winner of the Nobel Peace Prize. May the offering of this award inspire you to bring peace to the Middle East, and may you be a shining example of diplomacy, tact and strength for the national and international community.

May all beings benefit through your Presidency. :clap2:

Obama and I finally agree, "To be honest, I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many of the transformative figures who've been honored by this prize"

I Know... It's the Most Honest thing he has ever said, but it's Qualified with "to be Honest", which Irritates me.

It's Leads one to Believe that when something is said by that Person that doesn't have that Qualifier, that you Might Need to Question the Honesty of the Statement.

peace...

This was his speech on TV. No news here.

Dying for this story to go away ? :lol:
Not at all. But it's pointless to act like it's some big news, what he said in his speech, just because it's also posted on his site.

You still never explained why you're so butthurt over this.

It was e-mailed to me and Addressed to me like he Meant it for ME!?!?...

It wasn't for me?... :(

You Sir, have Shat all over my Saturday Morning. :lol:

peace...

This was his speech on TV. No news here.

Not at all. But it's pointless to act like it's some big news, what he said in his speech, just because it's also posted on his site.

It's the Norwegian version of affirmative action. Our's was a complete failure. Promoting people who have done NOTHING to earn it is simple destructive to a society.

It's the Norwegian version of affirmative action. Our's was a complete failure. Promoting people who have done NOTHING to earn it is simple destructive to a society.

Giving an award to someone who has done nothing to earn it makes the award meaningless.

Giving an award to someone who has done nothing to earn it makes the award meaningless.

AAAAAAAAAAAnnndddd gives someone who has done nothing center stage while those that actually have done something are left in the shadows.

To Norwegian society? It's their award and they justified it to themelves.

It hurts us not at all.

It took Norway well over a century of trying to purchase the loyalty of sitting presidents and damn haven't they finally prevailed?

Who would have ever predicted that friggin NORWAY would be the one country to defeat the mighty USA?

:cuckoo:

To Norwegian society? It's their award and they justified it to themelves.

It hurts us not at all.

any society that promotes, endorses and praises absolute bullshit is going to suffer.
How about we pretend leaves are dollar bills ?

AAAAAAAAAAAnnndddd gives someone who has done nothing center stage while those that actually have done something are left in the shadows.

Exactly.

Bush did win the World Stupidity Award when he was president.

alfrednobel.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Forum List

Back