What Philosophical Principle Do Liberals Hang Their Ideology On?

As long as we can both agree that the bible has no place in political discussions I am willing to drop it here.

Actually the concept of God is the first conservative concept. It taught us that God is in heaven, not on earth in the liberal form of Hitler Stalin and Mao. Do you know why our liberals spied for Stalin?

A vengeful God who demands absolute obedience is certainly a conservative concept. A God who has no problem killing pregnant women and innocent children is also a conservative concept.

Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. -- Hosea 9:14
Yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb. -- Hosea 9:16
Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up. -- Hosea 13:16

The priest shall say unto the woman, The LORD make thee a curse and an oath among thy people, when the LORD doth make thy thigh to rot, and thy belly to swell. And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen. ...
And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people. And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed. -- Numbers 5:21-21, 27-28

“David rose from beside the stone heap and prostrated himself with his face to the ground. He bowed three times and they kissed each other and wept with each other; David wept the more. Then Jonathan said to David, ‘Go in peace, since both of us have sworn in the name of the Lord, saying, “The Lord shall be between me and you, and between my descendants and your descendants, forever.” ’ He got up and left; and Jonathan went into the city.” (1 Samuel 20:41-42)

“Saul and Jonathan, beloved and lovely!
In life and in death they were not divided;
they were swifter than eagles,
they were stronger than lions.
How the mighty have fallen in the midst of battle!
Jonathan lies slain upon your high places.
I am distressed for you my brother Jonathan;
Greatly beloved were you to me;
your love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women.”

(2 Samuel 1:23, 26-27, emphasis added)

That's about what I figured you'd come up with. However, I won't debate it here because that would be hijacking the thread. If you'd like to go further, start a thread over on the religion boards.

The thread was hijacked by logical4u when he attempted to use the bible to defame liberals. It wasn't until you asked for substantiation that it was necessary to use actual quotes. As long as we can both agree that the bible has no place in political discussions I am willing to drop it here.

I was told that liberals (or at least one) used the Savior, the Christ as his model (philosophy). I pointed out that many of the liberal philosophies were directly against what Christ taught. Liberals want to bring Christ into the conversation when "manipulating" others. When it comes to their personal beliefs, then we simply will not "discuss that". You are welcome to share your "philosophy" or your beliefs with us. So far, after 20 pages we have opinions of what liberals "think" conservatives "think" about them. It would be refreshing to see some liberals actually state what they support and believe, instead of attacking others for their beliefs.

That's about what I figured you'd come up with. However, I won't debate it here because that would be hijacking the thread. If you'd like to go further, start a thread over on the religion boards.

The thread was hijacked by logical4u when he attempted to use the bible to defame liberals. It wasn't until you asked for substantiation that it was necessary to use actual quotes. As long as we can both agree that the bible has no place in political discussions I am willing to drop it here.

I was told that liberals (or at least one) used the Savior, the Christ as his model (philosophy). I pointed out that many of the liberal philosophies were directly against what Christ taught.
Can you please provide the exact references where Jesus himself personally opposed homosexuality and abortion?

Liberals want to bring Christ into the conversation when "manipulating" others.

Ironic!

When it comes to their personal beliefs, then we simply will not "discuss that". You are welcome to share your "philosophy" or your beliefs with us. So far, after 20 pages we have opinions of what liberals "think" conservatives "think" about them. It would be refreshing to see some liberals actually state what they support and believe, instead of attacking others for their beliefs.

liberal - definition of liberal by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

lib•er•al (ˈlɪb ər əl, ˈlɪb rəl)

adj.

1. favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.
2. (often cap.) designating or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.
3. pertaining to, based on, or having views or policies advocating individual freedom of action and expression.
4. of or pertaining to representational forms of government rather than aristocracies and monarchies.
5. free from prejudice or bigotry; tolerant.
6. free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc.; open-minded.
7. characterized by generosity and willingness to give in large amounts.
8. given freely or abundantly; generous.

9. not strict or rigorous; free; not literal: a liberal interpretation of a rule.
10. of, pertaining to, or based on the liberal arts: a liberal education.
n.
11. a person of liberal principles or views.

In dearest depths of cthonic sleepwalk slumber
We the neverborn await time's end
The summoning

O Great Cthulhu
In the name
On the eyes
Of Yog-Sothoth
I call you
I require
Your malign
Might
To lay waste
To the lands
And the walking
Masks
Of the one God
For though your
Purpose is shrouded
Like the mind of a million
Venomous
And vengeful nightgaunts
I offer this soul in sacrifice
Worthless though it may be to you

Ungodly shadows climb the throne
As fuliginous serpents whence skulls intone
Father of All Hells summon now the beast
Receive your queen of the frigid east
At the winter's feast

If you know what I mean.

I was told that liberals (or at least one) used the Savior, the Christ as his model (philosophy). I pointed out that many of the liberal philosophies were directly against what Christ taught.
Can you please provide the exact references where Jesus himself personally opposed homosexuality and abortion?

Ironic!

When it comes to their personal beliefs, then we simply will not "discuss that". You are welcome to share your "philosophy" or your beliefs with us. So far, after 20 pages we have opinions of what liberals "think" conservatives "think" about them. It would be refreshing to see some liberals actually state what they support and believe, instead of attacking others for their beliefs.

liberal - definition of liberal by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

adj.

2. (often cap.) designating or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.
3. pertaining to, based on, or having views or policies advocating individual freedom of action and expression.
4. of or pertaining to representational forms of government rather than aristocracies and monarchies.
6. free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc.; open-minded.

9. not strict or rigorous; free; not literal: a liberal interpretation of a rule.
n.

Mark 10

6 But from the beginning of the creation, Male and female made he them. 7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; 8 and the two shall become one flesh: so that they are no more two, but one flesh. 9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good save one, [even] God. 19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not kill, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor thy father and mother.

Abortion:
If the LORD put people together (a baby), let not man put asunder.
Do not kill.

Homosexuality breaks 3 (4 if you include the sin of adultery against yourself) of the Commandments: Do not bear false witness. Honor thy father and mother. Thou shall not covet (neighbor's child, no matter what age).

Ironic!

adj.

n.

Mark 10

6 But from the beginning of the creation, Male and female made he them. 7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; 8 and the two shall become one flesh: so that they are no more two, but one flesh. 9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good save one, [even] God. 19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not kill, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor thy father and mother.

Abortion:
Do not kill.

That refers to marriage, not abortion. You are taking it completely out of context.

Homosexuality breaks 3 (4 if you include the sin of adultery against yourself) of the Commandments: Do not bear false witness. Honor thy father and mother. Thou shall not covet (neighbor's child, no matter what age).

Homosexuals are not bearing false witness unless they try to hide who they really are. There is no dishonor to parents to have a homosexual child. Allowing homosexuals to marry the person they love means that they won't be committing adultery. Lastly your insinuation about homosexuals being predatory pedophiles only exposes your own ignorance.

A vengeful God who demands absolute obedience is certainly a conservative concept.

what??? Do you think God intervenes in our lives to demand absolute obedience???? Have you seen this or did you just make it up out of thin air???? On the other hand the liberals Gods: Hitler Stalin and Mao did demand absolute obedience and killed millions as if to demonstrate.

See why we say a liberal will be slow, so very very slow!!

A vengeful God who demands absolute obedience is certainly a conservative concept.

what??? Do you think God intervenes in our lives to demand absolute obedience???? Have you seen this or did you just make it up out of thin air???? On the other hand the liberals Gods: Hitler Stalin and Mao did demand absolute obedience and killed millions as if to demonstrate.

See why we say a liberal will be slow, so very very slow!!

You came up with God being a "conservative concept". Why do you have a problem with reinforcement for your idea? Or are you now backing away from your original position?

reinforcement??????? what are you talking about liberal???????????

Thank you for conceding your position. Have a nice day.

typical low IQ liberal claims victory then quickly bows out when he finds he lacks IQ for subject!!

You are the one who failed to substantiate your own premise. Then you had difficulty keeping up with the rest of the class. Which is followed by abject denial on your part. Would you like a do-over?

If "liberals" really based their "philosophy" on these teachings, why was G*d booed at the democratic convention?
If "liberals" really believed this, why do they insist on "forcing" others to finance their plans (taxes)? Yeshua was not know for ever "forcing" HIS will onto others. HE led by example (that would be refreshing change from liberals), and encouraged others to do the same.

Sorry, I see this as more manipulative talk, and not the walk. If you are so Biblical, why don't liberals support the moral teachings of the church? Do you pick and choose which parts of the Bible you will use, and which you declare yourself to be the authoritarian over G*d, by declaring HIS will invalid on abortion, promiscuous or homosexual behavior? Since you are so willing to "share", I hope you don't mind my asking you these questions.

I was speaking of me and me only. Perhaps YOU cannot separate an individual from a group, but that's your problem. Of course, thinking in groups makes prejudice and bigotry much easier, doesn't it?

Then, maybe for "you", you could answer the questions.....

What questions? The ones in his post?

Ironic!

Mark 10

Abortion:
Do not kill.

That refers to marriage, not abortion. You are taking it completely out of context.

Homosexuals are not bearing false witness unless they try to hide who they really are. There is no dishonor to parents to have a homosexual child. Allowing homosexuals to marry the person they love means that they won't be committing adultery. Lastly your insinuation about homosexuals being predatory pedophiles only exposes your own ignorance.

Do not "murder". That is the whole thing about abortion. The rest, maybe you are not seeing enough into it.

Active homosexuals do bear false witness (according to convenience). Any time they want to walk among straight people, they "pretend" to be straight, for employment, to get things, etc. If they are trying to "seduce" a future partner or want to swing a person to their way of thinking, they use deception (false witness).

How many parents lead their children into a group of adults and declare "this child will be a homosexual when they grow up, and I will be so proud"? How many parents say I know this child will be the "result" of the love you share to homosexual children?
Active homosexuals do not "honor" their parents. They cannot give them grandchildren biologically (and while I understand that not all children have children, most straight marriages DO have children), so the parent is stressed, wondering if this will be the day the child from outside sources is taken out of their lives. Most parents have been taught in this society to "accept" whatever a child does, and most will say they are proud of their children, no matter WHAT they do, but that does not make them honored. Parents that meet together offer condolences and pity for other parents that have homosexual children (something the active homosexuals are oblivious to, or ignore); they are not requesting helpful tips for raising a similar homosexual child....

As far as "coveting": a child can be any age. I used it to avoid printing son or daughter, since "child" can be either. I did not bring pedophilia into the discussion, you did. When an active homosexual seduces a child (grown or otherwise), they are taking a person from another's family, and contributing to the dishonoring of the other's parents.

You asked where the LORD said it, and it was shown to you. Instead of looking at the facts, you want to pretend it doesn't apply. Sad, many people today do that, they are perfectly aware of their rejection of the LORD and HIS WORD, yet they pretend that they love HIM, and follow HIM.

I was speaking of me and me only. Perhaps YOU cannot separate an individual from a group, but that's your problem. Of course, thinking in groups makes prejudice and bigotry much easier, doesn't it?

Then, maybe for "you", you could answer the questions.....

What questions? The ones in his post?

...."why don't liberals support the moral teachings of the church? Do you pick and choose which parts of the Bible you will use, and which you declare yourself to be the authoritarian over G*d, by declaring HIS will invalid on abortion, promiscuous or homosexual behavior? Since you are so willing to "share", I hope you don't mind my asking you these questions."

Forum List

Back