What Philosophical Principle Do Liberals Hang Their Ideology On?

Then, maybe for "you", you could answer the questions.....

What questions? The ones in his post?

...."why don't liberals support the moral teachings of the church? Do you pick and choose which parts of the Bible you will use, and which you declare yourself to be the authoritarian over G*d, by declaring HIS will invalid on abortion, promiscuous or homosexual behavior? Since you are so willing to "share", I hope you don't mind my asking you these questions."

Ok. I do support the moral teachings of the church and don't do any of those other things. You'll have to ask other liberals how they feel about it. Since that's probably not the answer you'd expect, given your stereotyping of liberals, I don't know what to tell you about that.

What questions? The ones in his post?

...."why don't liberals support the moral teachings of the church? Do you pick and choose which parts of the Bible you will use, and which you declare yourself to be the authoritarian over G*d, by declaring HIS will invalid on abortion, promiscuous or homosexual behavior? Since you are so willing to "share", I hope you don't mind my asking you these questions."

Ok. I do support the moral teachings of the church and don't do any of those other things. You'll have to ask other liberals how they feel about it. Since that's probably not the answer you'd expect, given your stereotyping of liberals, I don't know what to tell you about that.

Ok, please be patient with me. How can you claim to be "liberal" and follow the "moral" teachings of the church? If you don't support those things, and they are the main talking points for liberals, how can you be a liberal? What do you believe that is "liberal"?

Ok, please be patient with me. How can you claim to be "liberal" and follow the "moral" teachings of the church? If you don't support those things, and they are the main talking points for liberals, how can you be a liberal? What do you believe that is "liberal"?

I'm not going to get into another moronic discussion about whether or not Christianity is liberal or conservative. It's a faith in Jesus Christ, not a political party, and those secular labels do not apply.

I will say this, though: I am a political liberal BECAUSE OF the teachings of Jesus concerning caring for His poor and His commandment to love your neighbor as you love yourself. Love for your fellow man is evidently missing from modern-day conservatism, unless you define "love" as denying poor people basic healthcare, food and help when they are down, treating those who are different in their sexual proclivities or race as second class citizens or putting your own, selfish wants ahead the welfare of others. Those things are NOT evidence of true, Agape love. They are evidence of selfishness and greed, the two defining characteristics of modern day conservatism.

Mark 10

6 But from the beginning of the creation, Male and female made he them. 7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; 8 and the two shall become one flesh: so that they are no more two, but one flesh. 9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good save one, [even] God. 19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not kill, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor thy father and mother.

Abortion:
If the LORD put people together (a baby), let not man put asunder.
Do not kill.

That refers to marriage, not abortion. You are taking it completely out of context.

Homosexuality breaks 3 (4 if you include the sin of adultery against yourself) of the Commandments: Do not bear false witness. Honor thy father and mother. Thou shall not covet (neighbor's child, no matter what age).

Homosexuals are not bearing false witness unless they try to hide who they really are. There is no dishonor to parents to have a homosexual child. Allowing homosexuals to marry the person they love means that they won't be committing adultery. Lastly your insinuation about homosexuals being predatory pedophiles only exposes your own ignorance.

Do not "murder". That is the whole thing about abortion. The rest, maybe you are not seeing enough into it.

Active homosexuals do bear false witness (according to convenience). Any time they want to walk among straight people, they "pretend" to be straight, for employment, to get things, etc. If they are trying to "seduce" a future partner or want to swing a person to their way of thinking, they use deception (false witness).

How many parents lead their children into a group of adults and declare "this child will be a homosexual when they grow up, and I will be so proud"? How many parents say I know this child will be the "result" of the love you share to homosexual children?
Active homosexuals do not "honor" their parents. They cannot give them grandchildren biologically (and while I understand that not all children have children, most straight marriages DO have children), so the parent is stressed, wondering if this will be the day the child from outside sources is taken out of their lives. Most parents have been taught in this society to "accept" whatever a child does, and most will say they are proud of their children, no matter WHAT they do, but that does not make them honored. Parents that meet together offer condolences and pity for other parents that have homosexual children (something the active homosexuals are oblivious to, or ignore); they are not requesting helpful tips for raising a similar homosexual child....

As far as "coveting": a child can be any age. I used it to avoid printing son or daughter, since "child" can be either. I did not bring pedophilia into the discussion, you did. When an active homosexual seduces a child (grown or otherwise), they are taking a person from another's family, and contributing to the dishonoring of the other's parents.

You asked where the LORD said it, and it was shown to you. Instead of looking at the facts, you want to pretend it doesn't apply. Sad, many people today do that, they are perfectly aware of their rejection of the LORD and HIS WORD, yet they pretend that they love HIM, and follow HIM.

You could teach ignorant homophobic bigotry at a madrassa.

I'm not going to get into another moronic discussion about whether or not Christianity is liberal or conservative.

why moronic?? Civilization finally began to spread after people accepted the Christian idea that God was in heaven not on earth in the liberal form of Hitler, Stalin or Mao. Once each individual became important, rather than a liberal earthly God, liberalism was doomed.

I will say this, though: I am a political liberal BECAUSE OF the teachings of Jesus concerning caring for His poor

too completely stupid and 100% libturd liberal!!!

Liberalism slowly starved 60 million to death in China until they switched to Republican conservative capitalism!!!

See why we are 1000% positive a liberal will be slow, so very very slow!!!

I'm not going to get into another moronic discussion about whether or not Christianity is liberal or conservative.

why moronic?? Civilization finally began to spread after people accepted the Christian idea that God was in heaven not on earth in the liberal form of Hitler, Stalin or Mao. Once each individual became important, rather than a liberal earthly God, liberalism was doomed.

I will say this, though: I am a political liberal BECAUSE OF the teachings of Jesus concerning caring for His poor

Liberalism slowly starved 60 million to death in China until they switched to Republican conservative capitalism!!!

Thanks for playing, but I think I'll wait for a response from the person to whom I directed my comments.

I'm afraid talking to you would be like beating my head against the proverbial brick wall and I'm too old to give a shit about doing that.

Thanks for playing, but I think I'll wait for a response from the person to whom I directed my comments.

I'm afraid talking to you would be like beating my head against the proverbial brick wall and I'm too old to give a shit about doing that.

translation: as liberal I lack the IQ to discuss the subject.

that's easy. Assume a kindergartner will always have the best solution for any problem.

Problem- Solution

war- peace
hunger- food stamps
homeless- section 8 housing
health care- Medicaid Medicare
education- free public school
retirement- SS

In short, the liberal solution to every problem is always the kindergartner solution. They recognize moral hazard only when it comes to saving the economy ( bank bail outs) not people!

Last edited:

I'm not going to get into another moronic discussion about whether or not Christianity is liberal or conservative. It's a faith in Jesus Christ, not a political party, and those secular labels do not apply.

I will say this, though: I am a political liberal BECAUSE OF the teachings of Jesus concerning caring for His poor and His commandment to love your neighbor as you love yourself. Love for your fellow man is evidently missing from modern-day conservatism, unless you define "love" as denying poor people basic healthcare, food and help when they are down, treating those who are different in their sexual proclivities or race as second class citizens or putting your own, selfish wants ahead the welfare of others. Those things are NOT evidence of true, Agape love. They are evidence of selfishness and greed, the two defining characteristics of modern day conservatism.

So you are okay with the murder of children (abortion)/giving old people a pill to kill them when they need medical care/experimenting on humans (embryo experimentation)? All of these are in the democrat policies.

"Conservatives" are "generous", giving to charities more than their counterparts that vote democrat. "Poor" people are welcome to ask for assistance, and receive it. Conservatives have a problem with the theft of "poor" people's support system by those that "pretend" to be poor, but have cash jobs (drugs, prostitution, gambling, high tipping jobs, etc), and collect the monies meant for the poor people because there is nothing on paper about their income. I do not think supporting that system is: loving your neighbor. You are supporting a system that leaves the widow and orphans in a more desperate situation because, not only do they have to deal with the economic situation, they have to deal with criminals that live among them due to "generosity" of people that would rather not confront the criminals taking advantage, the same people that pay the criminals to live amongst the orphans and widows.
Yeshua taught against promiscuous, lewd and perverse sexual behavior. In this country, the people that want to engage in those choices are not persecuted for their choices (though, in many cases, those choices cause deteriorating health, crimes against them, and depression). They are not treated as "second class citizens". The definition of marriage has stood for thousands and thousands of years, and was clearly defined by Yeshua: a "man" shall leave his parents and take a "wife", and the two shall become "one" (now you were saying that you followed HIS teachings?......). Society refusing to redefine (and confuse) the language is NOT treating anyone in a lesser fashion, it is the CORRUPTION of people that choose to live in sin wanting to be elevated (by people that do not have that authority to overturn the LORD's word), above other people (now they can move between heterosexuals and homosexuals with no consequences for poor choices). Most people in this country have no problem with the legal system being revisited to change the "laws", making it possible to appoint another person to be your legal "equal". Where the problem comes in, is where a very small portion of the population wants to CORRUPT marriage, instead of uphold it as a very positive thing that should be an accomplishment between one man and one woman (not saying that there are no heterosexual corrupters of marriage, just saying we should not invite more corruption). There is no accepted precedent in history for same sex "marriage".
Society for thousands of years has "marriage" (between one man and one woman) as the foundation: their work goes toward making a better world for their "fruit" (children). As an extension, they support the community to provide stable choices for their children to marry and multiply.
Homosexual "communities" do not do that. There is no evidence that they ever will. They break the Commandments practicing their "sexual preferences" (as a Christian, if you do NOT point out these sins, you are held responsible for their sins, as well as your own), and it appears that you want to IGNORE the LORD's teaching and declare that you know better than the LORD in regards to "sexual preference".
Please let me know how you can claim to "follow" Yeshua, when you are apparently ignoring HIS teachings.

That refers to marriage, not abortion. You are taking it completely out of context.

Homosexuals are not bearing false witness unless they try to hide who they really are. There is no dishonor to parents to have a homosexual child. Allowing homosexuals to marry the person they love means that they won't be committing adultery. Lastly your insinuation about homosexuals being predatory pedophiles only exposes your own ignorance.

Do not "murder". That is the whole thing about abortion. The rest, maybe you are not seeing enough into it.

Active homosexuals do bear false witness (according to convenience). Any time they want to walk among straight people, they "pretend" to be straight, for employment, to get things, etc. If they are trying to "seduce" a future partner or want to swing a person to their way of thinking, they use deception (false witness).

How many parents lead their children into a group of adults and declare "this child will be a homosexual when they grow up, and I will be so proud"? How many parents say I know this child will be the "result" of the love you share to homosexual children?
Active homosexuals do not "honor" their parents. They cannot give them grandchildren biologically (and while I understand that not all children have children, most straight marriages DO have children), so the parent is stressed, wondering if this will be the day the child from outside sources is taken out of their lives. Most parents have been taught in this society to "accept" whatever a child does, and most will say they are proud of their children, no matter WHAT they do, but that does not make them honored. Parents that meet together offer condolences and pity for other parents that have homosexual children (something the active homosexuals are oblivious to, or ignore); they are not requesting helpful tips for raising a similar homosexual child....

As far as "coveting": a child can be any age. I used it to avoid printing son or daughter, since "child" can be either. I did not bring pedophilia into the discussion, you did. When an active homosexual seduces a child (grown or otherwise), they are taking a person from another's family, and contributing to the dishonoring of the other's parents.

You asked where the LORD said it, and it was shown to you. Instead of looking at the facts, you want to pretend it doesn't apply. Sad, many people today do that, they are perfectly aware of their rejection of the LORD and HIS WORD, yet they pretend that they love HIM, and follow HIM.

At madrassa it is okay to do homosexual pedophilia (or adult homosexual behavior if you are "enlarging" the rectum for smuggling explosives).

I love how you asked for one thing, and then when it was supplied, you want to move the goal posts. Please demonstrate how any of my statements are "bigoted". You made the statement, back it up. Show where there is "hatred" for any homosexual.

At madrassa it is okay to do homosexual pedophilia (or adult homosexual behavior if you are "enlarging" the rectum for smuggling explosives).

I love how you asked for one thing, and then when it was supplied, you want to move the goal posts. Please demonstrate how any of my statements are "bigoted". You made the statement, back it up. Show where there is "hatred" for any homosexual.

Ignorance can always be remedied by education. Rampant stupidity, as demonstrated by your bigoted homophobic posts, is a lifetime affliction. There is no point in wasting time and effort on someone who lacks the basic intellect to learn. Have a nice day.

Ignorance can always be remedied by education. Rampant stupidity, as demonstrated by your bigoted homophobic posts, is a lifetime affliction. There is no point in wasting time and effort on someone who lacks the basic intellect to learn. Have a nice day.

Educate me, oh wise one. And please use facts.

Do not "murder". That is the whole thing about abortion. The rest, maybe you are not seeing enough into it.appreciate

Abortion is not murder, it is the termination of a pregnancy. There is no prohibition against abortion in the Bible, and if you believe God created woman, He created women who miscarry. If God is so opposed to abortion, why do 1/3 of all pregnancies end in a sponteneous miscarriage?

Bearing false witness is lying about others. Lying about yourself is simply lying. There are no jobs applications I know of which ask whether you are gay or straight. Pretending to be straight isn't bearing false witness. Telling someone that your friend is straight when he's gay, is bearing false witness. If being gay could get me killed, I'd say I'm straight too. Until stupid people stop attacking and sometimes killing those who are gay just because they're gay, I'll give gay people a pass on saying they're straight.

God makes gay people and straight people. They have been gay people in every society since the dawn of time. Some societies honour their gays and treat them well. There are differences in the brains of gays and straights, and there is some indication that being gay is genetic. And yet God doesn't make mistakes. So one has to conclude that God makes people gay on purpose. Who am I to question or reject a person whom God has made?

Jesus said nothing about sex. He was absolutely silent on the subject. You'd think if sexual behaviour was all that important in the eyes of God, Jesus would have had SOMETHING to say about it. Instead, Jesus talked about loving one another as I have loved you. Doing unto others as we would have them do unto us. If we treat one another with love and respect, the rest falls into line.

Adultery is prohibited in the 10 Commandments. Adultery is defined as voluntary sexual relations where one or more of the partners is married but not to the other partner. The act of adultery is the ONLY sex act which is prohibited in the Bible.

The male dominated Catholic Church has been using the Bible to control and repress human sexuality, especially FEMALE human sexuality, since the earliest days of the Church, but the bald fact is that the Bible doesn't ban or bar most acts of human sexuality except adultery. And while society likes to blame the single "other woman" for seducing the innocent husband, it is the man who has committed the sin, not the woman.

The Bible contains some sex stories that the Fundamentalists ignore utterly, like Lot and his Daughters, or the story of Onan. And when they do use a story, they get the wrong message, as in the story of Onan. His sin wasn't that he masturbated, it was that he disobeyed God. God told him to have sex with his brother's wife and Onan spilled his seed on the ground instead. Even as a kid in Sunday School, before I even knew what sex was, I knew that God killed Onan because he didn't do what he was told.

What I would really appreciate is if all you half-assed religious zealots would read the Bible and start living by it's principles instead of telling ME how I should live my life. I read the Bible. I read it from cover to cover, and I am a strong Christian woman.

I read the Bible when I was a teenager, because I wanted to make good and sure, that I didn't cross too many lines that would keep me out of heaven. So don't try to tell me that having premarital sex is wrong or that having an abortion is going against God, or any other shit that isn't in the Bible because I ain't buying it.

You cannot corrupt God's word and use it to control and represss women because it's doesn't. God would not have issued the equipment if he didn't intend for us to use it.

Last edited:

For conservatives, it’s easy. They either place their ideology on the principle of self-ownership as written by John Locke or the no harm principle as advocated by J.S. Mill. But what does the modern day liberal trace his/her ideological principles back to? What is the foundation of their thought? It can’t be the classical liberalism of the above stated philosophers (Which calles into qustion the reason they identify as "liberals"). So who/what? Is it “From each according to his ability to each according to his need”? Certainly a modern day liberal/progressive/democrat should be able to shine some light on this question.
Given that John Locke lived from 1632 to 1704, I wouldn't be advertising that ideological principles and world view of conservatives have been trapped in a "time warp" that has not progressed appreciably over the last 300 years

Last edited:
The 17 thC of John Locke iwas characterized by

1620: The Brownist Pilgrims arrive in the Mayflower at Cape Cod.

1633: Galileo Galilei arrives in Rome for his trial before the Inquisition.

1644: The Manchu conquer China ending the Ming Dynasty. The subsequent Qing Dynasty rules until 1912.

1663: France takes full political and military control over its colonial possessions in New France.

1648: The Peace of Westphalia ends the Thirty Years' War and the Eighty Years' War and marks the ends of Spain and the Holy Roman Empire as major European powers.

1664: British troops capture New Amsterdam and rename it New York.

1665: The Great Plague of London.

1666: The Great Fire of London.

1673 Antoni van Leeuwenhoek is the first to observe microbes with a homemade microscope

1682: La Salle explores the length of the Mississippi River and claims Louisiana for France.

1683: The Battle of Vienna finishes the Ottoman Empire's hegemony in south-eastern Europe.

1687: Isaac Newton publishes Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica.

1692: Salem witch trials in Massachusetts

1699: Thomas Savery demonstrates his first steam engine to the Royal Society.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/17th_century

Last edited:

For conservatives, it’s easy. They either place their ideology on the principle of self-ownership as written by John Locke or the no harm principle as advocated by J.S. Mill. But what does the modern day liberal trace his/her ideological principles back to? What is the foundation of their thought? It can’t be the classical liberalism of the above stated philosophers (Which calles into qustion the reason they identify as "liberals"). So who/what? Is it “From each according to his ability to each according to his need”? Certainly a modern day liberal/progressive/democrat should be able to shine some light on this question.
Given that John Locke lived from 1632 to 1704, I wouldn't be advertising that conservatives are "wedded" to ideological principles that are over 300 years old.

The 17 thC iwas characterized by

actually many conservatives trace their origins back to Aristotle. A liberal will lack the IQ to disagree with Aristotle or Locke, but assume in 100% pure liberal ignorance that, an old idea is a bad idea!!

Given that John Locke lived from 1632 to 1704, I wouldn't be advertising that conservatives are "wedded" to ideological principles that are over 300 years old.

The 17 thC iwas characterized by

actually many conservatives trace their origins back to Aristotle. A liberal will lack the IQ to disagree with Aristotle or Locke, but assume in 100% pure liberal ignorance that, an old idea is a bad idea!!

Conservatives certainly don't have a monopoly on Aristotle and Locke, but to state that there hasn't been an individual in the last 300 years whose political and economic ideas aren't worthy of incorporating into one's world view is a sad commentary.

Last edited:
Conservatives certainly don't have a monopoly on Aristotle and Locke,
actually they do you just lack the IQ to know it!

but to state that there has been an insividual in the last 300 years whose political and economic ideas haven't been worthy of incorporating into one's world view is not something of which to be proud.[/b]

too stupid!! There have been many many conservative intellectuals who have added to the work of Aristotle and Locke

take your pick- Aristotle, Chesterton, Strauss, De Tracy, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Adam Smith, John Locke, Milton Friedman, Nosick, Hayek, Von Mises, Sowell, Wm. Buckley, Kirk, Burke, Q. Wilson, Rand, Patrick Henry, C.S Lewis, Voegelin, Belloc

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their consciences."--- C.S. Lewis

Forum List

Back