What percentage of white america is racist?

Just like when conservative head of the FCC Powell said, " I may not be able to define obscene but I know it when I see or hear it"

Sorry. To often it is a knee jerk response as Mac said.

LIbs see it even when it is NOT there.

Maybe especially then.
I will agree blacks see racism where there is none sometimes but what about when it is there?

You gonna deny blacks experience racism?
Of course racism still exists.

But constantly screaming "racism" only exacerbates the problem.
Of course racists hate being pointed out. Whining about it is not going to stop people from pointing them out though.
You're choosing to miss the point, but I'm used to that.
Your point was that pointing out racism exacerbates the problem. Those are your words. If you dont want people pointing out your racism and causing you a problem you should stop being a racist.

:hitit: the percentage of white racists depends on how many good looking black n hispanic women live in that area.

Anyone who is the slightest bit critical at any level on any issue for any reason at any time of a member of a Certified Victim Group (CVG) is racist.

Unless that CVG member is a conservative.

The judge and jury, of course, are our beloved PC Police.

So just check with them first if you plan on saying anything other than glowing about a non-conservative member of a CVG. Either that, or be prepared to lose your job or your business or to be otherwise punished in some way.

There, I think I covered that pretty well.

:rock:
Just like when conservative head of the FCC Powell said, " I may not be able to define obscene but I know it when I see or hear it"

Maybe especially then.
I will agree blacks see racism where there is none sometimes but what about when it is there?

Of course racists hate being pointed out. Whining about it is not going to stop people from pointing them out though.
And he better not come crying to us if/when it happens to him. Young white people hate black people who cry about discrimination but then when they get old they start crying about age discrimination.

I'm going to throw all the shit they say to us about blacks right back in their faces. AHHHH old people are paranoid. They think it's because they are old but it's really because they are slow.

Basically they should allow age discrimination. Business' should have the right. Those old farts cost a lot in healthcare and they don't know computers like the young people do. FUCK EM! Why? Because I'm not old. Same reason he don't care about blacks.

:hitit: the percentage of white racists depends on how many good looking black n hispanic women live in that area.
Not really. White racists have long preyed on Black and Hispanic women.
If a well dressed well spoken black comes walking in, I would think any company would want to hire that person. For one, they want to meet the quota and two, every white wants to have at least one black friend so they can say they aren't racist.

Maybe especially then.

And he better not come crying to us if/when it happens to him. Young white people hate black people who cry about discrimination but then when they get old they start crying about age discrimination.

I'm going to throw all the shit they say to us about blacks right back in their faces. AHHHH old people are paranoid. They think it's because they are old but it's really because they are slow.

Basically they should allow age discrimination. Business' should have the right. Those old farts cost a lot in healthcare and they don't know computers like the young people do. FUCK EM! Why? Because I'm not old. Same reason he don't care about blacks.
Look at all the straw men.

Again, I'm used to this, it's why I don't burn much effort trying to communicate with partisan ideologues.

If a well dressed well spoken black comes walking in, I would think any company would want to hire that person. For one, they want to meet the quota and two, every white wants to have at least one black friend so they can say they aren't racist.

Thus proving that YOU are racist.

Maybe especially then.

Again, I'm used to this, it's why I don't burn much effort trying to communicate with partisan ideologues.
Maybe a white dude can only understand what a black is going through if you give them a story about how one day they might be discriminated against and they won't be able to prove it and then they'll come on here and we'll tell them they are just being paranoid and it wasn't discrimination. It wasn't that they were old. The company most likely fired you or didn't give you a raise because you suck, not because you are old. NEVER MIND the facts.

I don't know what is straw man about that. Is every analogy a straw man? Why is using this example a straw man?

If you dismiss all racial discrimination, why shouldn't we dismiss it when you are discriminated against for age? We will automatically assume you sucked and deserved what you got. We will TEND TO believe the corporation, even if they fire all the old people. Just like a company that doesn't hire blacks MIGHT not be racist. But you would defend them and say there just weren't any good black applicants. Yea right.

If you dismiss all racial discrimination...
And another one.

I already made it quite clear on this very thread that I think racism still exists. Of course it does.

I don't know if your perceptions are distorted because of your ideology, or if you're just lying.

Either way, you keep illustrating why I don't know how to communicate with people like you.

Maybe a white dude can only understand what a black is going through if you give them a story about how one day they might be discriminated against and they won't be able to prove it and then they'll come on here and we'll tell them they are just being paranoid and it wasn't discrimination. It wasn't that they were old. The company most likely fired you or didn't give you a raise because you suck, not because you are old. NEVER MIND the facts.

I don't know what is straw man about that. Is every analogy a straw man? Why is using this example a straw man?

If you dismiss all racial discrimination, why shouldn't we dismiss it when you are discriminated against for age? We will automatically assume you sucked and deserved what you got. We will TEND TO believe the corporation, even if they fire all the old people. Just like a company that doesn't hire blacks MIGHT not be racist. But you would defend them and say there just weren't any good black applicants. Yea right.
Mac is passive-aggressive. He cant back up anything he says so he tries to pretend he is above the fray. I get a kick out it so he tends to avoid me since I see through his bullshit.

And another one.

I already made it quite clear on this very thread that I think racism still exists. Of course it does.

I don't know if your perceptions are distorted because of your ideology, or if you're just lying.

Either way, you keep illustrating why I don't know how to communicate with people like you.
You never explained how pointing out racism exacerbates the problem. I honestly believe whites like you think Blacks point out racism to convince you. The main reason we point it out is to alert other Blacks. Especially the ones that think its getting better.

Maybe a white dude can only understand what a black is going through i..t.

No. People can empathize with other people, even if they have never had the identical experience.

I don't have to be eaten by sharks to understand that it sucks for people who get eaten by sharks.

No. People can empathize with other people, even if they have never had the identical experience.

I don't have to be eaten by sharks to understand that it sucks for people who get eaten by sharks.
You shouldnt use words you dont know the meaning of. In order to empathize you need to have gone through the experience. In order to understand how people feel that get eaten by sharks you would need to get eaten by one.

em·pa·thize
ˈempəˌTHīz/
verb
  1. understand and share the feelings of another.

Oh no whatever will I do, someone on the internet thinks I'm racist.

And another one.

I'm just trying to have a fucking conversation. Why are YOU having such a hard time?

You shouldnt use words you dont know the meaning of. In order to empathize you need to have gone through the experience. In order to understand how people feel that get eaten by sharks you would need to get eaten by one.

em·pa·thize
ˈempəˌTHīz/
verb
  1. understand and share the feelings of another.
Really? Because I always tell middle class white people they need to learn empathy. Am I wrong saying that?

And another one.

I'm just trying to have a fucking conversation. Why are YOU having such a hard time?
Because (a) you keep tossing out straw man arguments, (b) in our brief conversation you have already wished bad things on me, and (c) you don't appear to realize that there is a vast middle ground between denying that racism even exists and constantly shouting "racist!".

Yes, that makes having a normal conversation a little challenging for me.

Oh no whatever will I do, someone on the internet thinks I'm racist.

Wasn't talking to you.

Naw. Its not all. I know some that have risked much for me but I would guess no lower than 85%.
This black author on NPR was telling a story how his teachers thought he was arrogant and being unrealistic for wanting to go to Harvard.

That was 30 years ago. Glad things aren't that bad anymore
What makes you think things are not that bad anymore? Most people in life try to talk you out of risk. Some through being haters and others because they love you. If you told your family you were going to stop working and start a business this minute how many would try to talk you out of it?
That's my grandmother. She told him to keep his job at the window company doing manual labor. He became a CPA and VP of a company. Boy was she wrong.

We teased my brother for getting his master's and he's a VP now. Boy were we wrong

And another one.

Because (a) you keep tossing out straw man arguments, (b) in our brief conversation you have already wished bad things on me, and (c) you don't appear to realize that there is a vast middle ground between denying that racism even exists and constantly shouting "racist!".

Yes, that makes having a normal conversation a little challenging for me.
Trust me, you're discussion techniques are part of the problem.

I wish someone would discriminate against you to teach you a lesson. Same way I wish people who defended Zimmerman would some day get the call from the cops that their kid was shot and then have the murderer let off because your kid had a hoodie on and some pot in his system.

Do you think ignorant racist Zimmerman defenders deserve any less?

Oh yea, another strawman.

PS. Glad to see we agree there is a middle ground.

My advice to you is admit when the other side makes a point you agree with. Or at least let us know you understand. Otherwise it seems like we're talking to a stubborn mule.

Let me guess you're a conservative

Forum List

Back