What pepper is this?

Jun 21, 2013
North Carolina
I want to make some EXTREMELY HOT.Hot sauce. I bought these peppers at a mexican grocery store in town well no one spoke english and they weren't marked...the guy understood enough of what I wanted to point to these..he says the ones with the white lines in them are the hottest and he called them Diablo peppers...well I look that up and I get sweet diablo peppers and really really hot ones! But I can't find a picture of any with the white lines in them....anyone know what these are?

• Banned
Got some Habanero's,Serrano's and I think these are called Jumbo Jalapeno's LOL...its for my brother who is coming up tomorrow...he loves hot sauce...

Here’s a quick tip for choosing jalapeños that can help you decide which ones to pick. Jalapeño chilies progressively get hotter the older they get, eventually turning bright red. As they age, they develop white lines and flecks, like stretch marks running in the direction of the length of the pepper. The smoother the pepper, the younger, and milder it is. The more white lines, the older and hotter.

Picture in link:

Tip: How to Check for the Hotness of Jalapenos | Simply Recipes

Try cayenne peppers. If you want sauce or a dish to be hotter, cook the peppers along with the seeds.

serranos are plenty spicy. I grow "super hots" & most people wouldn't enjoy anything hotter than a habanero like Dont Taz Me Bro said, for cooking purposes. Most people. I put Bhut Jolokia in my coleslaw :shock: I've built up a little tolerance.

Fresh peppers seem hotter to me too.

Last edited:
I made salsa with cayennes, cooked with the seeds, wow! took the skin off the roof of my mouth and my anus.

never heard of a pepper called diablo & having white lines. You try it yet? I've been wanting to try one called the Morado.

Seriously, if you don't know much about peppers, stick with the ones that can't blind, maim or kill you...and that won't net you a lawsuit if the neighbor's cat walks sneaks a lick and catches on fire.

Oh these are hot then lol...that's what the guy said to get so I did...

But he told you in espanol?
Si habla espanol pour caliente peppers?
No in broken english lol

Go get yourself a Bhut Jolokia...
Where can I buy them?

It's an Indian pepper. Better known in English circles as "the Ghost Chili". Be warned. These peppers are extreme. Ranging at 1.15 mill on the index scale.

You might want to stick to bonnett or habernaros.

I have never understood the compulsion to burn the shit out of oneself, externally and internally.

That's what you guys tell yourself.

But blood is worthless when your windpipe swells shut and you die.

And I don't think having an inflamed esophagus, stomach, larger & smaller intestines and anus improves the quality/strength of one's blood.

And that's if you do everything right..which most amateurs don't.

Last edited:
That's what you guys tell yourself.

But blood is worthless when your windpipe swells shut and you die.

And I don't think having an inflamed esophagus, stomach, larger & smaller intestines and anus improves the quality/strength of one's blood.

And that's if you do everything right..which most amateurs don't.

Well, I wouldn't promote any hot pepper to someone with an allergy to them. I have never had a breathing problem while munching hot peppers. To each their own.

Forum List

Back