What old movies are you watching.

The Godfather! Amazing film about the strength of spirit and high responsobility

Citizen Kane
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but it's a great movie, not one that everyone will enjoy. However, the last 10 minutes of the movie are among the best.

Absolutely agree. Recently have just seen it, at the beginning thought that it will be ordinary "classical" american movie, but near the end recognized that is something good. Among contemporary cinema this is one of the best films, reminding the plot of Chehov's stories.

Citizen Kane
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but it's a great movie, not one that everyone will enjoy. However, the last 10 minutes of the movie are among the best.

Absolutely agree. Recently have just seen it, at the beginning thought that it will be ordinary "classical" american movie, but near the end recognized that is something good. Among contemporary cinema this is one of the best films, reminding the plot of Chehov's stories.

He was a man who got everything and then again lost everything. No one but audience understood his dying worlds. - Great Movie

Citizen Kane

He was a man who got everything and then again lost everything. No one but audience understood his dying worlds. - Great Movie

Yes, also liked sign at the end: "No trespassing", which means not to try to become the one like he was before dying. Or not to intersect the line between his life outside the fence of his castle and beyond it.

Citizen Kane

Yes, also liked sign at the end: "No trespassing", which means not to try to become the one like he was before dying. Or not to intersect the line between his life outside the fence of his castle and beyond it.

Well's has a masterful touch when it comes to setting a scenic, with music, camera angles, and light. I love most of his early films. I don't think any movie conveyed the changing of times in the early 20th century better than the "The Magnificent_Ambersons." Touch of Evil, was a great film noir B-movie. "The Third Man" was directed by Carol Reed starring Wells but it could well have been directed by him. The street and sewer scenes in Vienna with the Zither playing are wonderful. The photography is so good in these movies, that stills are good enough for an art museum.

Anatomy of a Murder

MV5BMjA0ODU0OTQ5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzYzMzIxMDE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

Watched I Want to Live tonight. The gas chamber scene is creepy. I read that this scene is exactly how they did executions back then.

Just watched The Killing. Sterling Hayden is great in this flick. Kubrick is my fave.

Forum List

Back