What Obama thought about gay marriage in 2004

quorthon

Jan 21, 2015

Usually LGBT supporters call it hate speech. GWB didn’t support gay marriages. Obama didn’t support gay marriages while running for the US Senate, so when he runned for presidency nothing foreshadowed countrywide legalization during his term. But then he changed his mind and same-sex marriage legalization agenda had its start. Flip… Flop… Flip… Flop…

Usually LGBT supporters call it hate speech. GWB didn’t support gay marriages. Obama didn’t support gay marriages while running for the US Senate, so when he runned for presidency nothing foreshadowed countrywide legalization during his term. But then he changed his mind and same-sex marriage legalization agenda had its start. Flip… Flop… Flip… Flop…

And.....? Do you hold the exact same opinions on everything you held in 2004?

They threatened to cut off his election bid cpac money. Within weeks he "evolved"

Liberals & their morals eh?

I have never called being against gay marriage 'hate speech'- usually this is just a button Conservatives like to try to push.

Lots of people- the majority of people in the United States as a matter of fact- have changed their position on gay marriage.

Some people can change- others are doomed to be frozen forever with their points of view.

Well?

Yes, I do. I thought absolutely the same about the same-sex marriages.
Why do you defend flip-flopping incumbent President?

He's a politician. Politicians have morals, and if you don't like them, they have other morals, as long as you vote for them.

Allow me to repeat myself. DADT gone. DOMA gone. Marriage equality all 50 states. More advances in LGBT equality under this "flip flopping incumbent President" than all the previous presidents combined.

Why the fuck should I care what he said about gay marriage 11 years ago when his actions tell a completely different story?

Allow me to repeat myself. DADT gone. DOMA gone. Marriage equality all 50 states. More advances in LGBT equality under this "flip flopping incumbent President" than all the previous presidents combined.

Why the fuck should I care what he said about gay marriage 11 years ago when his actions tell a completely different story?

Because it means you back liars as long as they support your position.

It makes you a dishonest hack.

:lol: Yeah, you go with that. You've never supported or voted a candidate that changed positions on anything eh?

How is saying you've changed your position on something lying exactly?

From day one, President Obama has been supportive of gay rights, including marriage equality. Despite what he "said" about gays marrying in 2004, in 2011 he refused to defend DOMA.

I thought the same way ten years ago

I thought we should offer civil unions to gays and everything would be OK

Over that time I realized how important marriage was and that gays should be given the same right as I have. My opinion changed, so did Obamas

:lol: Yeah, you go with that. You've never supported or voted a candidate that changed positions on anything eh?

How is saying you've changed your position on something lying exactly?

From day one, President Obama has been supportive of gay rights, including marriage equality. Despite what he "said" about gays marrying in 2004, in 2011 he refused to defend DOMA.

So you think back in 2004 he was actually against gay marriage?

Yes or No answer.

Actions speak louder than words....

DADT gone. DOMA gone. More advances in LGBT rights than all previous presidents combined.

Ooh, but his words 11 years ago!!! {gasp}
Yup... the HOMO MAFIA has been quite successful with all the BULLYING.

The peds are next. They learned well from the fags.

Over that time I realized how important marriage was and that gays should be given the same right as I have. My opinion changed, so did Obamas

Bullshit.

Bullshit.

Hardly

My experience is like most Americans in their views on gay marriage. The polls back me up

Forum List

Back