What Now, Republicans???

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."]

...nor prohibited by it (the Constitution) to the States...

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
United States Government Printing Office. "TENTH AMENDMENT ---- RESERVED POWERS ---- CONTENTS". GPO.gov.

What now, GOP?

Lower taxes on the very wealthy.

Strangle the EPA so our air can be as lovely as that in Bejing.

Repeal the ACA, we don't need healthy children.

Repeal child labor laws, the little buggers need to earn their keep.

Repeal evolution, that is a Marxist idea.

Repeal Climate Change, tell those damned glaciers to stop melting. Make it illegal for the seas to rise any further.

Oh my, so much on the agenda.

We can't lower taxes on the wealthy since wealth is not taxed in the US. The rest of your post is just as ridiculous and not worthy of a response

Actually property is wealth, and is taxed.

But that's beside the point. You know what he meant. Why be stupid trying to be smart?

"The United States Constitution prohibits any federal direct tax on asset holdings (as opposed to income tax or capital gains tax) unless the revenue collected is apportioned among the states on the basis of their population.[2][3][4]

Although a federal wealth tax is prohibited unless the receipts are collected from the States by their populations, state and local government property tax amount to a wealth tax on real estate."
Wealth tax - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

How does the GOP repeal the ACA over the president's veto?

With 6 democrats who fear the wrath of the American People. That is all it will take.

Besides, if the Republicans have any sort of spine, Joe Biden will be president by the time it is a question.

If 'ifs and buts' were candy and nuts
We'd all have a Merry Christmas.

You and I know better....don't we.

'Else this thread wouldn't be necessary.

As I said, :"if they had a spine," but they don't.... :dunno:

I do think that they could sway 6 democrats to override a veto, though.

yes, there are at least 6 dems who would like another term.

King....Manchin.....???

what now Republicans?

sit back and remind the Dems what a terrible ass whopin' they had handed to them

constantly bitch about Obama ...

what else in life exists for the Republicans?

What now, GOP?

Repeal Climate Change, tell those damned glaciers to stop melting. Make it illegal for the seas to rise any further.

We can't lower taxes on the wealthy since wealth is not taxed in the US. The rest of your post is just as ridiculous and not worthy of a response

Actually property is wealth, and is taxed.

But that's beside the point. You know what he meant. Why be stupid trying to be smart?

Just exactly what is the Federal property tax rate so I can write my Congressman and request that he lower it?

Six here:
The 6 Senate Democrats Most Likely To Vote With McConnell s GOP

If the GOP was smart....which is a stretch to begin with....they would work with the Dems to improve the ACA. They can make heroes of themselves and show the country that they can govern if they did work with the Dems. I heard one GOP leader on NPR insulating that shortly after the election.

Because the ACA is not perfect. We all know that. This is a very complicated and inclusive law. I am sure we would all benefit if the GOP actually "improved it" piece by piece, instead of "repeal it." as some (cruz) has parroted.

Can the GOP do that? Will they do that in the two years leading up to the 2016 Pres. race? It would give them a much stronger hand in November 2016.

Or will they overreach again....uuughhhh.

I am on your side, but I believe it takes 67 votes to over ride a veto.

it takes 2/3rds majority in both Houses of Congress to stop a veto.

If the GOP was smart....which is a stretch to begin with....they would work with the Dems to improve the ACA. They can make heroes of themselves and show the country that they can govern if they did work with the Dems. I heard one GOP leader on NPR insulating that shortly after the election.

Because the ACA is not perfect. We all know that. This is a very complicated and inclusive law. I am sure we would all benefit if the GOP actually "improved it" piece by piece, instead of "repeal it." as some (cruz) has parroted.

Can the GOP do that? Will they do that in the two years leading up to the 2016 Pres. race? It would give them a much stronger hand in November 2016.

Or will they overreach again....uuughhhh.

So.....which of the promises used to accrue public support, when the scam was being rolled out, do you still have faith in, Jimmy?

there are many democrats who would now vote for repeal. whether it would be enough to override a veto, is yet to be seen. Those dems want to keep their jobs. When their constituents tell them that ACA is hurting them, you might just be suprised at the vote.

In truth, there are a couple good things in the bill.
1. insurers must take people with pre-existing conditions
2. no lifetime maximum payments

Keep those and scrap the rest. There was never a healthcare crisis in the USA, Being uninsured never meant being untreated. NO ONE in the USA was denied treatment before ACA. NO ONE, even those here illegally.

Name them.
those up for reelection in 2016.

9. Repeal the 19th Amendment.

The original Declaration of Independence says that "All Men are created equal." It says nothing about women.

The Founders were all men. Though it looks like they dressed liked women, none of the Founding Fathers were chicks. They weren't known as the Founding Fathers and Mothers. Liberals deny this obvious fact.

According to some obscure and probably discredited academic nobody outside of 26 conservatives has ever heard of, America began its decline nearly 100 years ago when women were given the vote.

The Founding Fathers believed women were overly emotional, incapable of rational thought, were unsuited for the manly pursuit of politics, and that their place was in the kitchen, and raising babies. This is evidenced by a majority females consistently voting for anti-American Democrats for President.

Therefore, Republicans should repeal the 19th Amendment, and take the vote away from women.

Six here:
The 6 Senate Democrats Most Likely To Vote With McConnell s GOP

First of all it takes 67 Senators to override a veto.

Secondly, your 6 Democrats voting to repeal Obamacare is a bad fantasy. Show us a stitch of evidence, for example, that Claire McCaskill would vote to repeal Obamacare.

What now, GOP?

hahahahahaha right? I love these whiney little liberals who hate all rich but their own rich representatives. Rauner won in Illinois, yeah, and all I heard was he didn't pay income tax. I asked them, did he make an income or does his money come from investments. Did he have a loss on his stocks his businesses, I asked if they knew any of that. Nope. Just he didn't pay income tax. The big word there is Income. If he made no salary, paid no income tax. it is a very simple thing. Yet the liberals with all of their hate don't get it. Oblivious to it.

BTW, all the Republicans have to do is what the people voted them into office to do. Stop Obama and submit all the bills Harry sat on. That's it. They won on no other agenda except to stop Obama.

If the people wanted Obama to keep going, the republicans would not have won back the senate nor picked up additional seats in the House. It's quite simple. I can only hope they are smart enough to understand that. As they did in '94.

Last edited:
What now, GOP?

Can you explain how the ACA helps children? You got me there. How does insurance help children?

Forum List

Back