What Now, Republicans???

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Most folks understand the binary nature of our political system.

Between Democrat and Republican, you pick the one closest to your views....and bubble in the little circle.

There are two outliers....

a. The dopes who boast that they never vote for either, 'they're the same...' which usually means that they are afraid to have to confront arguments, or to lazy to study the choices.

b. Loser-terians, the 'my way or else' folks who more often than not, throw elections to the Democrats.

(This does not include the out-right liars who claim to be Republicans, but consistently post support of the Liberals....we all know who that is, don't we.)

Now that the American people have finally done what we on the Right, more particularly, conservatives, implored them to do six years ago, kick the community organizer to the curb......we need to elucidate what it is we hoped for when we gave our votes, our support to the Republican candidates.

Here is my considered list, in no particular order, of what the anti-Leftist aims should be.

1. ObamaCare: Repeal this fraudulent bill, replace it with one based on more accurate and truthful accounts, i.e., numbers covered, actual costs to the nation and of deductibles, promises about keeping doctors and plans.

Obama wasn't the first Bolshevik to support socialized medicine. For context, there was Henry Sigerist: "He devoted himself to the study of history of medicine.Socialized Medicine in the Soviet Union(1937), andHistory of Medicinewere among his most important works. He emerged as a major spokesman for "compulsory health insurance". ...He attacked the American Medical Association because of his conflicting views on socialized medicine." Henry E. Sigerist - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

a. And, Sigerist was one of the apologists for Stalin, including his state-engineered famine in the Ukraine. 7 million perished
(The History Place - Genocide in the 20th Century Stalin s Forced Famine 1932-33).

b. Sigerist "shared with the architects of Soviet health policy under Stalin an outlook best described as medical totalitarianism. He really believed that humanity would be better off if every individual were under the medical supervision of the state from cradle to grave....[and] Sigerist's belief in the necessity for state control over all aspects of medicine ultimately made him an apologist for state control over most aspects of human life."
Fee and Brown, eds. "Making Medical History: The Life and Times of Henry E. Sigerist," p. 252

Knowing the thinking behind ObamaCare should make it easier to end it.

2. Close and man the borders, and remind the world that we are a sovereign nation.
Before any consideration be given to dealing with those who have broken our laws, stop the flow of new law-breakers.

a. The "Global Governance Movement," the Soviet-inspired United Nations, claims precedence over a wide area of issues: budget practices, law enforcement, criminal law, criminal law, school curriculum, textbooks, immigration, border enforcement, healthcare, parental care, discipline of children, employment, multilingualism, gender composition of government bodies, among others. UN Human Rights treaties address all of the above.
Fonte, "Submission or Sovereignty."

b. There is a responsibility that flows from citizenship, duties to others, basically to strangers, including a defense of their common territory and the maintenance of the law that applies within said jurisdiction.
Roger Scruton, "The West and the Rest."

Note the central idea: territory. There is no common territory without borders, and without national sovereignty.

More to follow.

I would love to see the Rs repeal Obamacare and close the borders, but I doubt they will.

I would love to see the Rs repeal Obamacare and close the borders, but I doubt they will.

I have no clue how they could, nor why it would be worth the investment to undertake such a monumental task.

If I could snap my fingers and "close' the borders, I would.

There is a cost issue to address, however and there are clearly more pressing issues than making the border between the US and Mexico, impenetrable. Think about it - what would you rather have that money go to? I'd rather see it go towards helping people to get off of drugs or cleaning up cities, making our streets safer, etc.

Why throw almost a trillion bucks at a problem with such a low return and no guarantee of success?

As for Obamacare, I really feel like the Republicans should just leave that alone. Despite the constant bleating of how bad it is, healthcare reform was absolutely necessary.

I have no clue how they could, nor why it would be worth the investment to undertake such a monumental task.

There is a cost issue to address, however and there are clearly more pressing issues than making the border between the US and Mexico, impenetrable. Think about it - what would you rather have that money go to? I'd rather see it go towards helping people to get off of drugs or cleaning up cities, making our streets safer, etc.

Why throw almost a trillion bucks at a problem with such a low return and no guarantee of success?
It will help them sleep better at night so they can concentrate on not fixing more problems...

It will help them sleep better at night so they can concentrate on not fixing more problems...

Not all republicans are like that.

I know liberals think that Republicans hate poor people and want slavery back, but I can assure you, most Republicans actually do want our country to prosper.

How does the GOP repeal the ACA over the president's veto?

there are many democrats who would now vote for repeal. whether it would be enough to override a veto, is yet to be seen. Those dems want to keep their jobs. When their constituents tell them that ACA is hurting them, you might just be suprised at the vote.

In truth, there are a couple good things in the bill.
1. insurers must take people with pre-existing conditions
2. no lifetime maximum payments

Keep those and scrap the rest. There was never a healthcare crisis in the USA, Being uninsured never meant being untreated. NO ONE in the USA was denied treatment before ACA. NO ONE, even those here illegally.

there are many democrats who would now vote for repeal. whether it would be enough to override a veto, is yet to be seen. Those dems want to keep their jobs. When their constituents tell them that ACA is hurting them, you might just be suprised at the vote.

Keep those and scrap the rest. There was never a healthcare crisis in the USA, Being uninsured never meant being untreated. NO ONE in the USA was denied treatment before ACA. NO ONE, even those here illegally.

Name them.

Closing the border is easy. Just allow the border patrol to do its job and give them some help from the natioinal guard.

Name them.

here are some, I will give you more.

Some Democrats Want to Repeal Obamacare Advisory Board

Closing the border is easy. Just allow the border patrol to do its job and give them some help from the natioinal guard.

Could you elaborate on this? Not being a smartass or anything, just not really even sure what you mean.

allow the border patrol to stop people before they cross the border. allow them to send them back imediately if they manage to get across. reinforce the border patrol with national guard troops and give them authority to stop anyone who tries to cross illegally. No other country in the world allows people to freely cross their borders. Try to walk across the border or Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, or Germany and see what happens to you.

We could enforce our borders if we really wanted to.

As for Obamacare, I really feel like the Republicans should just leave that alone. Despite the constant bleating of how bad it is, healthcare reform was absolutely necessary.

"As for Obamacare, I really feel like the Republicans should just leave that alone. Despite the constant bleating of how bad it is, healthcare reform was absolutely necessary."

Some folks are a little .....slower....than others.

Begin by understanding that the scam does none of the things it promised to do, and, perhaps...one day....you'll catch on.

"In truth, there are a couple good things in the bill.
1. insurers must take people with pre-existing conditions"

Nope.

"If you look at the chart about two-thirds down this page, you’ll see that 35 states ran high-risk pools prior to Obamacare, and most of them had been in operation for many many years (for example, Kansas had started its high-risk pool in 1993).

The 15 states that didn’t have high-risk pools didn’t necessarily leave their high-risk individual health insurance customers in the lurch, either. Some were guaranteed issue states, which meant that pre-existing conditions could not be excluded at all: New Jersey, New York, Maine, Massachusetts, and Vermont had straight guaranteed issue, with Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, and Idaho having guaranteed issue with some restrictions involving previous continuous coverage."
high-risk pools pre-existing conditions Kansas

Name them.

LOL. Reread what you posted.

Then try again. Name the Democratic Senators who would vote to override a veto of the repeal of the Affordable Care Act.

Or, shut up and quit making a fool of yourself.

here are some, I will give you more.

Some Democrats Want to Repeal Obamacare Advisory Board

"As for Obamacare, I really feel like the Republicans should just leave that alone. Despite the constant bleating of how bad it is, healthcare reform was absolutely necessary."

Some folks are a little .....slower....than others.

Begin by understanding that the scam does none of the things it promised to do, and, perhaps...one day....you'll catch on.

PC, no one else in your thread is acting like a schmuck, why do YOU feel that It's necessary to act like one?

Kindly refrain from insulting people who show up in good faith to participate in your threads, thanks.

In the future, I refuse to respond to you UNLESS you can frame a question in a more mature manner.

Forum List

Back