What murder/s case stands out in your mind and why?

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by strollingbones, Nov 8, 2008.

1. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,896
    i follow murder cases. i have since i was a teenager. i know why, too. as a teenager, i lived at ft bragg when jeffrey macdonald killed his wife and two daughters. i think the main reason it has been something i have followed is the reactions of the people at the time. to this day, it is a subject not talked about in my mother's home. i firmly think he did it...she thinks he did not.

Dr. Jeffrey MacDonald, convicted of killing his family, has new - Crime Library on truTV.com

so what murder stands out in your mind and why? it can be local or national or global.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. chloe

chloe Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Traces In Blood - The Girly Chew Hossencofft Murder

A look at the bizarre case of Diazien Hossencofft, a con man with the ability to convince his victims of just about anything. Hossencofft persuaded Linda Henning, a former fashion designer from New Mexico, that he was something other than human, and Henning started to claim that she was his "alien queen". We examine the relationship between the two and try to determine if it led to the murder of Diazien's wife, Girly Chew Hossencofft.

I watched the trial on court tv, Diazen reminded me of someone I knew. He was so evil and he smiled the whole time he testified describing really disturbing things.

3. PackMule

PackMule (ZAN-TI-MOW)

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    J. F. K. ASSINATION...
    CHARLEY MANSON UnJustices
    BUSH SR. & J.R. ATROSITIES...

4. GigiBowman

GigiBowman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
  5. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    OJ - I think that it opened Americans eyes to race in a way that we were not necessarily ready for. The stark contrast between black Americans reactions to the verdict and white Americans reactions to the verdict let us know that we still had a long way to go as a nation.

Andrea Yates - the absolute heinousness of her crime was mindblowing...and then watching her husband divorce her and, in essence, walk away and start a new life after the realizations that she had been getting progressively more and more insane after each pregnancy, her doctors were warning her and her husband not to have any more children for the safety of her and her children, and that her husband continued to let her get pregnant was, as a woman - tough to stomach.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. YWN666

YWN666 Freelance Beer Tester Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +458
    This story didn't make the big news but quite a few years ago there was a couple in Queens, NY who reported that their baby was kidnapped. When detectived came to the house to take a report, things didn't seem right and then they found some blood stains. To make a long story short, police found out that the couple murdered their own baby and then to dispose of the body, they cut it up into small pieces and fed it to the dog.
    Words just can't convey how horrendous that is. Detectives were stunned that the couple could commit such an atrocity and then sit calmly at the kitchen table and tell a story about an alleged kidnapping.
    They were convicted of the murder.

7. YWN666

YWN666 Freelance Beer Tester Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +458

That was tough to stomach for a man, too. Another was Susan Smith who rolled her car into the lake with her kids inside because her boyfirned wasn't ready for kids yet.

8. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    Carly Brucia - The 11 year old whose abduction was caught on tape and she was later fround brutally murdered. My own daughter looks eerily similar to Carly and was around the same age at the time of her murder. We live only three counties over from where this happened too. I remember sitting in bed one night crying watching the news and praying they would find her alive.

Carlie Brucia - Murder Victim Carlie Brucia

Jessica Lunsford - 9 year old girl abducted from her own home, held for days right near where police were searching, raped by a pedophile and later buried alive.

Jessica Lunsford - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There was a time here in FL when it seemed little girls were being hunted and killed on a regular basis. I believe we had 4 murders, which were all particularly gruesome, within a 2 year period.

It made me consider leaving FL for my daughter's safety.

9. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Two stick out in my mind.
    One was Maryjane..mary ann,....somebody or other. The woman who put her babies in their carseats and then rolled the car into the reservoir. I have nightmares about that still.

There are a couple of others...Diane Downs, who shot her kids in her car, killing one or two and paralyzing the third. The attorney who prosecuted her ended up adopting the surviving daughter (the paralyzed one).

Then there was another one, where a woman and her lesbian lover threw her kids off a bridge here in Oregon near Bend.

Those are the ones that get me. The ones where children are victimized by the people they trust and love.

10. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    Susan Smith also sticks in my mind. I remember watching her on television pleading for the return of her boys and I turned to my sister and said "she killed them" Of course my sister thought I was insane until a it was revealed she actually had killed them. My sister asked how I knew and I said there was something missing from her eyes...pain....she seemed disingenuous.

Another, which isn't a murder but rather a missing person is Sabrina Aisenberg. I never understood how a baby just disappears into the night and no one knows anything. I still think her parents killed her.