What murder/s case stands out in your mind and why?

I think other people mentioned Susan Smith first. This is one of the most horrific murders because it is unconscionable to me that a mother could kill her own children. Everytime they showed the video of the boys, I cried inside. Those boys were beautiful and they were taken from this earth because a mother selfishly decided her life was more valuable than her own sons. I can't comprehend this.

I think other people mentioned Susan Smith first. This is one of the most horrific murders because it is unconscionable to me that a mother could kill her own children. Everytime they showed the video of the boys, I cried inside. Those boys were beautiful and they were taken from this earth because a mother selfishly decided her life was more valuable than her own sons. I can't comprehend this.

That's why I picked Diane Downs.

Paul Wellstone is a hunted man. Minnesota's senior senator is not just another Democrat on White House political czar Karl Rove's target list, in an election year when the Senate balance of power could be decided by the voters of a single state. Rather, getting rid of Wellstone is a passion for Rove, Dick Cheney, George W. Bush and the special-interest lobbies that fund the most sophisticated political operation ever assembled by a presidential administration. "There are people in the White House who wake up in the morning thinking about how they will defeat Paul Wellstone," a senior Republican aide confides. "This one is political and personal for them." ....
"This race is going to be a case study of whether you can maintain liberal, progressive positions and win in this country in 2002," says Wellstone

The "Plane Crash" of Senator Wellstone

My dad taught me this stuff (he was special forces) when I was a tiny girl, and my fondest memories are of him teaching me to kill someone with the palm of my hand to the nose. It was a hoot.

What the !!!!

Life without the possibility of parole is the sentence murderers should recieve.

NO... you take a life you give up your life! it's really pretty simple. Why should we, the tax payers, foot the bill for all these scumbags who took another person's life?

Now I'm not talking those who killed in the heat of passion or by accident but rather those you planned it out, thought about what they were doing and then carried it out with pleasure.

Oh and BTW, Allie, I'm not disputing wanting to kill someone who hurt your child but the fact remains that the man did not actually commit a crime by reving his truck and offering popcicles to the children. Was he a registered sex offender? Do you presume every person in the neighborhood is who nice to children has a nefarious intent? Maybe he did I don't know... but I'm pretty sure if he didn't take offense to what you said AND he stopped, he probably wasn't intending what you thought and stopped not because he was guilty but rather because he did not want to be viewed as a pervert.

IF his intention was to molest the children of your neighborhood, your warning wouldn't have done shit to stop him IMO. Pedophiles are pathological in their need to satisfy their desires...some mom getting in his face wouldn't have deterred him, at least not for long.

Did he move shortly after your warning?

The O J Simpson case. The biggest travesty that every took place and a huge embarrassment for society.

just read through a few of these, interesting how mostly local stories. My first impulse was "Leopold & Loeb" because of having to study it for sociology and the U of C connection.

Really most effected me were local and timely:

CyberSleuths True Crime

My brother worked that case in Elmhurst, he was quite traumatized.

"This was the worst, most evil crime I’ve ever dealt with -."
______Elmhurst Police Chief John Miller
ANDREW KOLORALEIS: WORSE THAN JOHN WAYNE GACY

“This was the worst, most evil crime I’ve ever dealt with,” Elmhurst Police Chief John Miller said. “This offender was truly a monster to the unsuspecting victims he tortured and mutilated.” “Some crimes are so horrendous and so heinous that society has a right to demand the ultimate penalty,” said Illinois Governor George Ryan. “His crimes were indescribably evil,” Prosecutor Brian Telander said, shaking his head. “Worse than any of those of serial killer John Wayne Gacy.”

The story was played up plenty in Illinois newspapers. During the early stages of the 1980s eighteen Chicago-area women had been found raped, tortured and mutilated. Police were still scrambling to identify many of the victims....

This very convoluted case happened when my daughter was 3, she's 27 now:

Brian Dugan trial delayed until at least March -- chicagotribune.com

Brian Dugan trial delayed until at least March
Prosecution, defense spar over start date in Jeanine Nicarico case

Tribune staff report
November 11, 2008
The trial of Brian Dugan, charged in the 1983 rape and slaying of 10-year-old Jeanine Nicarico of Naperville, will not start Jan. 20 as scheduled, both prosecutors and defense attorneys agree, but they already are sparring over how long it should be delayed.

And still has an impact on the country and myself:

School Shooting Timeline

NO... you take a life you give up your life! it's really pretty simple. Why should we, the tax payers, foot the bill for all these scumbags who took another person's life?

Now I'm not talking those who killed in the heat of passion or by accident but rather those you planned it out, thought about what they were doing and then carried it out with pleasure.

Oh and BTW, Allie, I'm not disputing wanting to kill someone who hurt your child but the fact remains that the man did not actually commit a crime by reving his truck and offering popcicles to the children. Was he a registered sex offender? Do you presume every person in the neighborhood is who nice to children has a nefarious intent? Maybe he did I don't know... but I'm pretty sure if he didn't take offense to what you said AND he stopped, he probably wasn't intending what you thought and stopped not because he was guilty but rather because he did not want to be viewed as a pervert.

IF his intention was to molest the children of your neighborhood, your warning wouldn't have done shit to stop him IMO. Pedophiles are pathological in their need to satisfy their desires...some mom getting in his face wouldn't have deterred him, at least not for long.

Did he move shortly after your warning?

Why should we foot the bill for a murderer and not kill one? Because we are not killers--they are.

It is cheaper to keep someone in prison for life than to execute him/her.

Someone who is able to kill for pleasure is not a normal human being. She/he need to be removed from society--life without parole. I think we ought to study their brains after they die. It is my opinion that there is something missing in the brain of a human being who is completely without empathy.

You take a life--you give up your life. You are locked up without freedom for the rest of your life. It's that simple.

I do not support capital punishment.

Of course, the relative merits of LWOP or state sponsored premeditated killing is not the thread topic.

Executing a convicted murderer is Not killing. It is legal justice for the victim.

Not all victims of crime agree. In many cases, it prolongs their agony and complicates their grief.

Killing is killing.

Forum List

Back