What makes Paying for SEX - Wrong ?

Masturbation is the other.
Masturbation can be limited to defiling oneself. It does not involve another human.

Prostitution destroys many women emotionally. Just a drugs destroys lives and families. On the prostitution end it is an emotional destruction, on the drugs it is a physical and mental destruction. I would no more want prostitution legal than I would want to legalized suicide or cocaine and meth. That does not say people will not do these things, but it sure does not say that a society should approve of it's citizens acting out self destructive behavior.

Then again if the state is going in the car business to support the corporates and unions they may as well sell drugs and the citizens who desire to sell themselves. If we have no set limitations or boundaries on personal and corporate responsibility equally for all why have any. Just make it all a free for all and let everyone have at it.

Drugs and prostitution are bad, but who are we to say what people can do to their own bodies? Prohibiting someone from taking drugs or selling themselves for sex implies that you own them, and we are all the owners of ourselves so nobody has the right to tell anyone else what they can cannot do to their own bodies. You can't tell me whether I can get a tattoo and neither can you tell me whether I can smoke a joint or snort coke.
I'm not saying what you can or cannot do with your own body. I'm saying I am opposed to legitimizing it as to make one think it is fine and dandy when I know it is not.

Implying that people should be able to sell themselves freely is like saying to them "you have no value". Shoot try to reinstate slavery if that is how you feel.

Masturbation can be limited to defiling oneself. It does not involve another human.

Prostitution destroys many women emotionally. Just a drugs destroys lives and families. On the prostitution end it is an emotional destruction, on the drugs it is a physical and mental destruction. I would no more want prostitution legal than I would want to legalized suicide or cocaine and meth. That does not say people will not do these things, but it sure does not say that a society should approve of it's citizens acting out self destructive behavior.

Then again if the state is going in the car business to support the corporates and unions they may as well sell drugs and the citizens who desire to sell themselves. If we have no set limitations or boundaries on personal and corporate responsibility equally for all why have any. Just make it all a free for all and let everyone have at it.

Drugs and prostitution are bad, but who are we to say what people can do to their own bodies? Prohibiting someone from taking drugs or selling themselves for sex implies that you own them, and we are all the owners of ourselves so nobody has the right to tell anyone else what they can cannot do to their own bodies. You can't tell me whether I can get a tattoo and neither can you tell me whether I can smoke a joint or snort coke.
I'm not saying what you can or cannot do with your own body. I'm saying I am opposed to legitimizing it as to make one think it is fine and dandy when I know it is not.

Implying that people should be able to sell themselves freely is like saying to them "you have no value". Shoot try to reinstate slavery if that is how you feel.

sell yourself freely ?

First of all, masturbation is not "defiling oneself", and 2nd, neither is sex, paid for or not. Prostitution is nothing more than a business transaction. Is a waitress or waiter "defiling" themselves if they give me good service in order to get a larger tip?
If somebody wants to do drugs of kill themselves, I really don't care, that's their business, not mine. It's only wrong if they infringe upon the rights of others.
1. Sure it is. You appear to be insulted.
I'm not insulted in the least, merely surprised by your ignorance.

2. I don't care what you do to yourself but when you involve another human I am going to say what I think about it like it or not. Sex with someone else is more than just a business transaction paying for it or getting it for free.
So let me get this straight, you don't care what I do to myself (masturbation), but you think I am defiling myself if I do it?
You think that 2 people involving themselves in an exchange of money or goods for sex is not a business transaction for them? What right do you have to tell 2 people what they can do with their own bodies as long as it doesn't infringe upon your rights?

First of all, masturbation is not "defiling oneself", and 2nd, neither is sex, paid for or not. Prostitution is nothing more than a business transaction. Is a waitress or waiter "defiling" themselves if they give me good service in order to get a larger tip?
If somebody wants to do drugs of kill themselves, I really don't care, that's their business, not mine. It's only wrong if they infringe upon the rights of others.

2. I don't care what you do to yourself but when you involve another human I am going to say what I think about it like it or not. Sex with someone else is more than just a business transaction paying for it or getting it for free.
So let me get this straight, you don't care what I do to myself (masturbation), but you think I am defiling myself if I do it?
You think that 2 people involving themselves in an exchange of money or goods for sex is not a business transaction for them? What right do you have to tell 2 people what they can do with their own bodies as long as it doesn't infringe upon your rights?
Who said I'm telling you what you can do with yourself? I said I would not legitimize prostitution or drugs or suicide by making these acts legal. Get your facts straight.

There is a far-cry between slavery and prostitution. In slavery you have a person held in bondage against their will and being treated as a piece of property. In prostitution you have a consenting adult choosing to sell sex.

The fact remains that if you accept that we all own our own bodies then you have to accept that we are free to use them in any way we see fit, even if you don't personally agree with it.

Who said I'm telling you what you can do with yourself? I said I would not legitimize prostitution or drugs or suicide by making these acts legal. Get your facts straight.

But that's exactly what you're saying. By keeping drugs and prostitution illegal you're saying that the government essentially owns us and can forbid us from doing things with our own bodies.

Get my facts straight, or get my opinion in line with yours when it comes to letting the government determine what I can do with my own body?

Get my facts straight, or get my opinion in line with yours when it comes to letting the government determine what I can do with my own body?
No you are stating I wish to stop you personally from what you do with your own body. I'm telling you I am not interested in making it legitimate by changing the law to make it legal. You are entitled to your opinion as I am also.

No you are stating I wish to stop you personally from what you do with your own body. I'm telling you I am not interested in making it legitimate by changing the law to make it legal. You are entitled to your opinion as I am also.

When it comes to selling sex, you are.

sell yourself freely ?
I suppose I'll need to do a repeat for that question...

Not cheap. Someone paid a very high price for me. Rod paid cash when he bought all my debt 25 years ago. Jesus paid with His Blood on the cross. Does that cover the question asked?

sell yourself freely ?

Not cheap. Someone paid a very high price for me. Rod paid cash when he bought all my debt 25 years ago. Jesus paid with His Blood on the cross. Does that cover the question asked?

sorry ishi----pay no attention to me

sell yourself freely ?

So, you are are high priced.
Does that make you feel better?

But that's exactly what you're saying. By keeping drugs and prostitution illegal you're saying that the government essentially owns us and can forbid us from doing things with our own bodies.
No it's not. I'm sure you and others would like to twist it that away to appear that the government owns you.

The fact is we live in a society. I have a nephew that was raised by a prostitute mother and a dad that did not care enough to give up his own personal agenda. That boy is a mess even today. He is over thirty years old and still cannot kick the drug habit. Who ends up paying his bills or his jail time? We all do. When he pissed off another druggie the guy pulled a knife on him on my dad's porch. That little prick whose prostitute mother did not could not teach him morals could have gotten my eighty plus year old dad killed.

I knew a mother (former prostitute) who slept with her son. Sick bitch could not be satisfied with getting whoever else may have been available. The guy left behind two darling twin daughters after he shot himself in the head. He could not live with what his mother did to him.
That same sick bitch that seemingly was perfectly normal sent her husband into rape me when I was twenty three years old. He did not "get the job done" as she called it. Two weeks later he was nearly killed in a motorcycle accident and he left the sick bitch. Being the forgiving person I am I even hired that woman and her new husband ten years later when they needed a job. I also gave her one son that was left a chance and hired him when she and my own mother pleaded with me to help him. That drug addict bastard started more shit than you can possibly imagine. He took his new stepfather for twenty-five grand and laughed at the man over the phone. The guy shot that sick bitch as she also laughed at him....and then he turned the gun on himself... He left behind a family. That family will testify that they have rights of having a loving dad and grandfather for their own children. Rights that were stolen from them by a witch with a wicked point of view who knew how to use people for her own agenda.

It is my business what other people do in this society that affects the others in this society as I also live in it. What happens to others eventually winds up affecting me in one manner or another.

You defend what you want. The truth is prostitution damages people, drugs damage people, suicide damages people. We all as a society must live with those damaged people.

No it's not. I'm sure you and others would like to twist it that away to appear that the government owns you.

The fact is we live in a society. I have a nephew that was raised by a prostitute mother and a dad that did not care enough to give up his own personal agenda. That boy is a mess even today. He is over thirty years old and still cannot kick the drug habit. Who ends up paying his bills or his jail time? We all do. When he pissed off another druggie the guy pulled a knife on him on my dad's porch. That little prick whose prostitute mother did not could not teach him morals could have gotten my eighty plus year old dad killed.

I knew a mother (former prostitute) who slept with her son. Sick bitch could not be satisfied with getting whoever else may have been available. The guy left behind two darling twin daughters after he shot himself in the head. He could not live with what his mother did to him.
That same sick bitch that seemingly was perfectly normal sent her husband into rape me when I was twenty three years old. He did not "get the job done" as she called it. Two weeks later he was nearly killed in a motorcycle accident and he left the sick bitch. Being the forgiving person I am I even hired that woman and her new husband ten years later when they needed a job. I also gave her one son that was left a chance and hired him when she and my own mother pleaded with me to help him. That drug addict bastard started more shit than you can possibly imagine. He took his new stepfather for twenty-five grand and laughed at the man over the phone. The guy shot that sick bitch as she also laughed at him....and then he turned the gun on himself... He left behind a family. That family will testify that they have rights of having a loving dad and grandfather for their own children. Rights that were stolen from them by a witch with a wicked point of view who knew how to use people for her own agenda.

It is my business what other people do in this society that affects the others in this society as I also live in it. What happens to others eventually winds up affecting me in one manner or another.

You defend what you want. The truth is prostitution damages people, drugs damage people, suicide damages people. We all as a society must live with those damaged people.

That is a tragic story, and I do not deny the terrible effects drugs or prostitution have on people.

However, I am not trying to twist anything. If I own my own body how does the government reserve the right to imprison me for smoking a joint? It means that they feel that they own me and have the right to tell me what I can do to my own body or make of my own life.

That is a tragic story, and I do not deny the terrible effects drugs or prostitution have on people.

However, I am not trying to twist anything. If I own my own body how does the government reserve the right to imprison me for smoking a joint? It means that they feel that they own me and have the right to tell me what I can do to my own body or make of my own life.
It is not the smoking of the joint it is the possession of the joint. Now if you were a judge or a congressman or a famous banker they may not make such a big deal about it. Remember, the elite are not bound to the same standards as the poor or middle class. I don't think that anyone smoking a few joints now and then belongs in jail or much less in court. I agree it is a personal choice. Alcoholics say drinking is legal and it has no effect on others lives if they do it in their own homes. Not true. There are thousands of children who are now grown that suffer from the effects of their alcoholic parents. I have known and do know them personally. Alcohol fetal syndrome children who grow into adults collect SSI as they are considered disabled. We all foot that bill from someone else's freedom of choice that they made twenty, thirty years ago.

It is not the smoking of the joint it is the possession of the joint. Now if you were a judge or a congressman or a famous banker they may not make such a big deal about it. Remember, the elite are not bound to the same standards as the poor or middle class. I don't think that anyone smoking a few joints now and then belongs in jail or much less in court. I agree it is a personal choice. Alcoholics say drinking is legal and it has no effect on others lives if they do it in their own homes. Not true. There are thousands of children who are now grown that suffer from the effects of their alcoholic parents. I have known and do know them personally. Alcohol fetal syndrome children who grow into adults collect SSI as they are considered disabled. We all foot that bill from someone else's freedom of choice that they made twenty, thirty years ago.

You can be arrested for being high. So we once again come to the question, who owns you? You, or the government?

You can be arrested for being high. So we once again come to the question, who owns you? You, or the government?
Technically speaking, neither.

Forum List

Back