What Liberals REALLY think about us Conservatives

Well as long as we're throwing arbitrary numbers out there, I'm going to say that 90% of conservatives knew that extending the Bush tax policy that had been in effect for eight years was not a tax cut for anybody.

And I'm going to say that at least 70% of liberals believed the MSM and their congressional leaders when they told them that this was a tax cut for the very wealthy.

I'm going to say that 90% of conservatives who oppose part or all of the healthcare reform monstrosity that Congress passed are not opposed to healthcare.

I'm going to say that at least 90% of the left say that conservatives who want Obamacare repealed are opposed to healthcare.

I'm going to say that 90% of conservatives want Congress to seriously rein in spending and restore fiscal sanity to the system. I think that same 90% knows that raising taxes, unless very selectively and carefully done, can't be used to restore economic stability.

And if conservatives are successful in rolling back spending and restoring fiscal sanity, I'm going to say that at least 70% of the left will accuse them of wanting to starve children, destroy education, throw old people out into the street, and enrich evil corporations and millionaires. (Oh yeah and they're also homophobic, racist, mysogynist etc. etc. etc. )

But hey, everybody, let's look on the bright side. The country is still here and with just a little sanity restored, which we can maybe possibly just a little bit look forward to with the next Congress, we might preserve the union after all.

Last edited:
Here's what I think about conservatives. I lean liberal, but have many conservative views myself.

1. Conservatives tend towards simpler answers, rather than detailed answers

Because they're stupid

2. Conservatives tend towards self-responsibility

by blaming Clinton for 9/11, and Obama for the bad economy

3. Conservatives think things were better in the past

because they don't know history, because they don't read books unless they're written by another wingnut moron

4. Conservatives would rather act than discuss

because they can't justify their acts, they'd rather not talk about them

5. Conservatives tend towards finding problems with others, rather than themselves

by claiming the US has the right to attack any nation that might pose a threat in the future

6. Conservatives don't listen very well

Conservatives listen only to those who already agree with them (ie other wingnuts)

7. Conservatives are freaky sexually. (Sorry just had to throw that in there)

That's why they overcompensate by claiming moral superiority in public

Forum List

Back