What Leftism Does to People

In your opinion, which statement most closely reflects the truth?

• Leftism is America’s best hope.

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • Unchecked Leftism will destroy the America we know.

Votes: 66 72.5%
  • Neither and I will explain in my post

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • I am a troll and/or numbnut who has nothing constructive to add to the discussion.

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters
I believe in government by, for, and of the people, constituted not merely to protect the wealth and position of the extremely rich and powerful, but the welfare and prosperity of all of the people.

I believe in the values I was raised with in school, where I was taught the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, which told me that our government exists to serve the people and protect the rights of the people.

I believe in the values I learned in church as a child, where I was taught that the worship of money is evil, that we should help each other - particularly those who are most in need - and in the Golden Rule.

I believe in honest pay for honest work, and in freedom from all tyranny, whether it be imposed by invaders or from a home-grown power base.

I believe that abridgement of our individual rights is unacceptable, whether the tyrants are agents of government, commerce, or religious institutions.

And I believe that the price of liberty is eternal vigilance in protecting and promoting those values.

I am a proud liberal. These are my beliefs.

Well said! That is as close to liberal values listed as I have ever seen.

I hate to be the wet blanket, but, isn't "taxing the rich" in unequal percentages "tyrannical"? Isn't that imposing on others "rights"? The gov't "helps" no one, but the "gov't".

The Republican healthcare plan:

Don't get sick. If you do get sick, die quickly.

But yeah, liberals are "awful people".

FF cannot argue her point. Her politics are the politics of division. She has no interest in discussing social issues. Just attack the person. She has to resort to calling anyone with political arguments to the left of hers: "disgusting, angry, hateful, anti-social and destructive" people.

She is such an egoist, she interprets other people's nightmares as to be about her.

Here are the list of policies I'd rather discuss: Single payer healthcare, public option insurance, increased stimulus spending, increased funding for green energy R&D, higher taxes for the wealthiest 1 %.

"Where in the constitution does it say anything about healthcare?"

"Article One, Section 8, 'Congress shall have the power to lay and collect taxes . . . to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfaree of the United States . . . ' The Supreme Court has held . . . repeatedly . . . that this gives the Congress power to spend money on things like Social Security and Medicare.

Is the right to life a fundamental human right? FF will say "yes." Great . . . because people are losing their "right to life" every day . . . because they don't have adequate healthcare. Is it alright with you, Ms. Dittohead, if we help those Americans exercise their right to life?

FF does not argue policy. She starts flame threads like this one with Klavan crap.

You realize this has little to do with the thread, right? I will bite, though.

Where is it written that republicans want people to "die quickly"? Evidence, links, or is this just more of your "judgemental views" against those that disagree with you?
What republicans have ever said that? (You are aware that it is the dems cutting medicare and the payments to the doctors, making healthcare for the elderly more expensive for the individual)

Single payer healthcare: the country is broke, who is going to pay for this?
public option insurance: repeat, the country is broke who is going to pay for this?
increased stimulus spending: repeat, the country is broke who is going to pay for this?
increased funding for green energy R&D (you are aware that this is a money laundering scam for the politicians and their million/billionaire friends to embezzle more of the tax dollars from the citizens of this country): repeat, the country is broke who is going to pay for this?
higher taxes for the wealthiest 1 %: so it is okay to discrimminate against the 1% and treat them "unequally", because the legion (mob mentallity) has deemed they are "politically correct" to rob (legally of course)? Use your "sky sense", what group do you think will be targeted next (after the 1% have left or gone underground)? How many politicians do you think are in the 1%, and why does the "left" never target them (other than to keep re-electing the corrupt)?

Actually, what the Left wants is a level playing field. Corporations have skewed the rules so they are favored at the expense of those without the means to really access law makers.

Policies have been enacted to make it not only easier, but more profitable to take jobs out of America. CEOs in the executive suite are making exponentially more than those responsible for actually producing the goods. Golden parachute bonuses cover the tracks of those who hit the throttle so hard that the companies over heat and fall apart like a Chinese motorcycle. Executives are lauded for their ability to dismantle American companies and sell off the productive parts. Bankers dream up nefarious schemes to defraud their customers by imposing petty fees and surcharges. Wall Street investors 'create' wealth from junk bonds and derivative while pension funds suffer the consequences.

And that's the way American Capitalism was designed to work via Supply Side policy.

I love Capitalism. But I want rules to apply. The same way society works better when rules of compartment are imposed, Capitalism can easily run awry when nothing but the profit motive is considered.

And those rules are regulations. Regulations with consequences other than "too big to fail".

Social Conservatives are big on rules. A woman cannot control her reproductive fate. A homosexual cannot marry the person they love. Christian ethics and Christian dogma should be applied to American secular governance.

But the same people championing such repression are perfectly willing to let Capitalism run rough shod over the working class so larger profits might be gleaned.

I wonder why folks who advocate smaller, less intrusive government only want it in the personal arena, but not when their very livelihoods are in the balance?

The democrats seem to be the ones "pushing" this agenda. If the congressional bills were required to be under one-page (compared to the several novel length Obama-care bill), it would be much harder to insert loop-holes for favoritism among industries. I am aware that the republicans do this too. Just with Pelosi, Reid and Obama, the corruption odor in Washington has become over-powering. What is worse, they lie to the press, and the press reports it as fact.
Again: if congressional bills were short and to the point, it would be harder to deceive the public and "favor" the corrupt.

The length of bills is not deceiving the public.

That would be FoxNews.

Deception? I love the way you libs put your trust in these idiots:cuckoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACbwND52rrw]John Conyers on Reading the Healthcare Bill - YouTube[/ame]

What Leftism Does to People?

It makes them act as cowards

Cowardly OWS member
uses child as shield as he taunts police

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKa4ibE9SAg]Infant Shield Used At Occupy Portland - YouTube[/ame]

Rapes at OWS

Where are women groups speaking out on the abuse at OWS?
funny how that works

• According to ABC News, this past Saturday night a 23-year-old reported being raped by a 50-year-old inside a tent at Occupy Philadelphia.
  • A 14-year-old child was allegedly raped at Occupy Dallas.
  • At Occupy Cleveland, a 19-year-old told police she was raped after sharing a tent with an unknown man.
  • After reporting her rape at Occupy Baltimore, a young woman claimed occupiers refused to help find her attacker.
  • Reports of rape and attempted rape in Zuccotti Park are surfacing.

Rapes at OWS

Where are women groups speaking out on the abuse at OWS?
funny how that works

• According to ABC News, this past Saturday night a 23-year-old reported being raped by a 50-year-old inside a tent at Occupy Philadelphia.
  • A 14-year-old child was allegedly raped at Occupy Dallas.
  • At Occupy Cleveland, a 19-year-old told police she was raped after sharing a tent with an unknown man.
  • After reporting her rape at Occupy Baltimore, a young woman claimed occupiers refused to help find her attacker.
  • Reports of rape and attempted rape in Zuccotti Park are surfacing.

Why are you not speaking out against rapes in the U.S. military?

Probably for the same reason I am not talking about
rapes in Darfur

This thread is on what leftism does to people
OWS is a leftist movement

start a thread on it
I will comment on it

otherwise, it is just another "red herring" on your part

Last edited:
start a thread on it
I will comment on it

otherwise, it is just another "red herring" on your part

In 2003, a survey of female veterans found that 30 percent said they were raped in the military. A 2004 study of veterans who were seeking help for post-traumatic stress disorder found that 71 percent of the women said they were sexually assaulted or raped while serving. And a 1995 study of female veterans of the Gulf and earlier wars, found that 90 percent had been sexually harassed.”

1/3rd of Women in US Military Raped | NEWS JUNKIE POST

Is this starting a thread

Hey I'm sure NOW released a statement on those rapes

Did they do one for the OWS rapes?
:eusa_whistle:

There are more women serving in the military than ever before, and they're in danger—but not just from combat. Last year, nearly 1,400 women reported being assaulted and raped by their fellow soldiers, in some cases by their commanding officers. The shocking phenomenon is called military sexual trauma, or MST.

Since NOW first aired its investigation into rape and sexual assault in the military last year, the Pentagon has released new reports in which one-third of military women say they've been sexually harassed. And the number of women reporting assault and rape has essentially remained the same—even though the military says it has invested serious resources to combat the problem.

Rape in the Military . NOW on PBS

The "red herring" continues

I keep looking for a NOW statement on the rapes in the Leftist OWS movement
I can't seem to find one

But they do have one on military rapes

Funny how that works

Last edited:
Well they are kept busy by watching out
for all the children OWS protesters are using as shields

Terrorists do the same thing
funny how that works

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpepQ_1O5Fg]Occupy Wall Street Protests School Children - YouTube[/ame]

The "red herring" continues

Yes, your red herring.

The issue is Wall Street's destruction of the world economy.

Security problems at OWS are serious issue as well.

WHERE ARE THE COPS?

Protecting the citizens of the communities from the law-breaking "fraction" of the OWS: the ones that are defacing public property, vandalizing private property, harrassing businesses that don't "donate" to the "cause", cleaning up human waste, stopping public sex acts, keeping the ones that are invading and occupying and spreading disease and parasites into any business/gov't building near their "target". After a while, it is hard to tell the "fringe" from the the whole, because the "whole" does not reject the "fringe".

Forum List

Back