What kind of car should I get?

T

TheEnemyWithin

I need everyone's suggestions...I just turned 17 and need to know what the best student driver's car is. Thanx..............

Anything that you can afford without putting additional strain on your parents, since they have to cover your insurance as it is..

TheEnemyWithin said:
I need everyone's suggestions...I just turned 17 and need to know what the best student driver's car is. Thanx..............

Toyota Corolla. Very little maintenence cost, safe, and reliable.

no1tovote4 said:
Toyota Corolla. Very little maintenence cost, safe, and reliable.
Good choice. My youngest sister got one of these for HS graduation. She was very happy with it.

TheEnemyWithin said:
Just 17? A Tonka truck.

Seriously…how long have you been driving?

My daughter is a year older than you, we've decided on a Honda Civic.
Excellent safety rating, good gas mileage, excellent reliability. A very nice lil car for the $$$. The lil part is what I don’t really care for though.

Mr. P said:
Just 17? A Tonka truck.

Excellent safety rating, good gas mileage, excellent reliability. A very nice lil car for the $$$. The lil part is what I don’t really care for though.

But at least she won't ding someone elses car trying to get into a parking space, and the likelyhood of someone dinging hers doing the same thing is minimal. :)

Shattered said:
But at least she won't ding someone elses car trying to get into a parking space, and the likelyhood of someone dinging hers doing the same thing is minimal. :)
Don't know about that, she's driving a 99 beetle now and has been dinged in the parking lot twice in the last 6 months by someone else.

I'll hope for the best. :D

Mr. P said:

About 5 months...should be getting my learner's permit any day now.

Mr. P said:

Funny...I was just thinking of those.................

Shattered said:
Anything that you can afford without putting additional strain on your parents, since they have to cover your insurance as it is..

Cover MY insurance??!!! MY parents!!!??/ ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Those insurance companies...:read: I bemoan the loss of my hard-earned money to the Man....

manu1959 said:
american or not?

Beats me...I've heard horror stories about those crappy Japanese cars. The only good Jap-car reviews I've seen were the Honda.

TheEnemyWithin said:
Beats me...I've heard horror stories about those crappy Japanese cars. The only good Jap-car reviews I've seen were the Honda.

had a honda crx from 83 to 98....best car ever...oil brakes and tires.....by one

Forum List

Back