What kind of car is this?

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
He passed by me while I was walking, he was probably enjoying a scenic drive leaving a car show, and I couldn't tell the make or model.

IMG_2588.jpeg

IMG_2589.jpeg

Nice!

Definitely thought Chrysler.
most of them went the way of the demolition derby,,,

and then they were outlawed because they were to tough and couldnt be destroyed,,

What is the best car for demolition derby?

Best Cars for Demo Derby - Performance Plus Tire

Best Cars for Demo Derby
  • Chrysler Imperial — The 1964 – '68 Chrysler Imperial is notoriously tough, to the point that most derbies banned it. ...
  • Ford LTD/Crown Victoria — The Panther chassis is stupid cheap, and cop car tough. ...
  • Chevy Impala — Box or bubble, you can't go wrong beating on an Impala.
More items...

we had a dark blue black leatherette roof 1970 Plymouth Fury Grand Coupe with a 360- Batman and Robin L O L...buried the speedo, no radar til '84...

Last edited:
Back in the day, when this car was made, you did not have to squeeze in to it like today's cars. Of course, gas was cheap in 1970.

we had a dark blue black leatherette roof 1970 Plymouth Fury Grand Coupe with a 360- Batman and Robin L O L...buried the speedo, no radar til '84...
That was the 120 inch wheelbase "C" chassis. 1969-1974 Fury's were the only model to have that length wheelbase.

Do you miss it?

Back in the day, when this car was made, you did not have to squeeze in to it like today's cars. Of course, gas was cheap in 1970.
Also had the bench seat so you and your girl could sit right next to each other, and didn’t have to stretch over the center console to make out.

I looked at the side profile and immediately thought Lincoln, then looked at the tailights and thought Chrysler. What I especially love about the car is look at the windows on the passenger side, look at all that room!

Last edited:
I liked those models. I liked the huge Pontiac Grand Prixs and Bonnevilles better though, especially the factory metalflake purple ones and the bright yellow ones. You could carry a lot of stuff in the trunks, and I was short enough to stretch nearly all the way out in the back seats.

most of them went the way of the demolition derby,,,

and then they were outlawed because they were to tough and couldnt be destroyed,,

What is the best car for demolition derby?

Best Cars for Demo Derby - Performance Plus Tire

Best Cars for Demo Derby
  • Chrysler Imperial — The 1964 – '68 Chrysler Imperial is notoriously tough, to the point that most derbies banned it. ...
  • Ford LTD/Crown Victoria — The Panther chassis is stupid cheap, and cop car tough. ...
  • Chevy Impala — Box or bubble, you can't go wrong beating on an Impala.
More items...
Big metal boxes.

Forum List

Back