What it really means if Republicans scuttle the Iran deal:

So the GOP strategy:
Want to reimpose sanctions except none of the rest of the world is going to back them.
The US is isolated in its position.
US has no say going forward in the international agreement, which will probably stay in place.
If they invade they would all on there own and end up with Russia and China supplying the Iranians.

The International (plus Dems) strategy:
Sign agreement which stops Iran(close to 100% by actual experts) making a Nuclear device for next 15 years.
I am sure there is avenues to continue the arrangement after 15 years.
US has invlovement and first hand knowledge of all developments.

About the $150 bn, well alot of it is not in US banks but in Banks internationally, so US sanctions don't apply. Also the lifting of Sanctions will bring in far more money any way to the Iranian Economy ($200bn - $300 bn in Oil and Gas alone) which US companies cannot avail themselves of either.

So China & EU will be making out like bandits on a Irainian Oil Rush... US companies will be excluded by a GOP Government (way to go regulating businesses).

So the GOP strategy:
Want to reimpose sanctions except none of the rest of the world is going to back them.
US has no say going forward in the international agreement, which will probably stay in place.
If they invade they would all on there own and end up with Russia and China supplying the Iranians.

Sign agreement which stops Iran(close to 100% by actual experts) making a Nuclear device for next 15 years.

About the $150 bn, well alot of it is not in US banks but in Banks internationally, so US sanctions don't apply. Also the lifting of Sanctions will bring in far more money any way to the Iranian Economy ($200bn - $300 bn in Oil and Gas alone) which US companies cannot avail themselves of either.

So China & EU will be making out like bandits on a Irainian Oil Rush... US companies will be excluded by a GOP Government (way to go regulating businesses).
What totally convinces you that Iran will honor the agreement?

Sorry Retardean, but the constitution subjects treaties to the "Advice and consent of the Senate". It's called "checks and balances".

The US Constitution- you should read it.

:thup:

PS- You're a fag.

Why would the Senate vote the treaty down knowing that if they do we'd be weakened?

The Senate has approved hundreds of treaties and rejected quite a few as well. The Founders made the process difficult for a reason. They didn't want Presidents gallivanting around making bad deals. :thup:
Matthew is not smart enough to understand.

I like how all the lefties are blaming the GOP when a good chunk of their own party is against this deal as well. They're like bats without sonar just flapping about aimlessly

Well the US is not capable of preventing Iran obtaining a nuclear weapon if Iran wants to, so there's bugger all Sherman's reservations can do about it.
This "treaty" isn't designed to prevent Iran from having nuclear weapons.
It merely postpones it
Do you really expect Iran to just roll over and do whatever we want them to do?

I like how all the lefties are blaming the GOP when a good chunk of their own party is against this deal as well. They're like bats without sonar just flapping about aimlessly
Again, do you GOP arrogant nuts just expect Iran to do whatever the U.S. and allies want? Obviously they want an actual negotiation.

So the GOP strategy:

Then we have the good reason to start bombing Iran. At least we tried the peaceful way.

Look, I can understand the opposition to this deal, I really can, its not a perfect deal, but its something, international politics are notoriously difficult, especially when dealing with an unfriendly nation.

This deal however, opens diplomatic relations with Iran, and when you crack open the door on diplomacy you make room for future diplomacy that can create better deals, and strengthen ties. I know I'm taking an Obama line here, so everyone criticize me but, you don't need to make peace with allies. Yes iran has historically been our enemy, we can try to change that piece by piece or engage in war, or keep tense relationships, its that simple.

And to the crowd who bellyaches about the unconstitutionality of this deal, your right, Obama has gone around the Constitution and used executive orders on many occasions, but those executive powers were HANDED OVER to Bush bipartisanally after 9/11.

And personally I'm glad he is doing something, I don't agree with everything that Obama has done, but how can he get anything done when the Republican mentality since day 1 of his presidency has been shoot down everything he does no matter what. Who can work with that sort of childishness?

I'm not excusing Democrats of the same behavior towards Republican ideas, but really, we as nation cannot afford to do NOTHING for 8 years.

I see rdeantard is at it agaIn...
You're right. I like bitch slapping ignorant right wingers. It only stings my hand for a minute, but feels good in the long run.
I strongly believe that it's a big mistake if GOPs reject this deal. Playing politics for the sake of their party is always the GOPs motto against Obama since he was elected. Nothing new.
We as the Americans will be the biggest loser if this deal doesn't goes through.
Some of the GOP hardliners and Menendez a Democrat are already against this deal before negotiations started.
GOPs are very proud of themselves for nothing get done then complain at the same time. I was born as a Rightwingers but very disgusted and I will never vote for a republican again.
Saudi Arabia an arch enemy of Iran even agreed on this deal.

You're right. I like bitch slapping ignorant right wingers. It only stings my hand for a minute, but feels good in the long run.
I strongly believe that it's a big mistake if GOPs reject this deal. Playing politics for the sake of their party is always the GOPs motto against Obama since he was elected. Nothing new.
We as the Americans will be the biggest loser if this deal doesn't goes through.
Some of the GOP hardliners and Menendez a Democrat are already against this deal before negotiations started.
GOPs are very proud of themselves for nothing get done then complain at the same time. I was born as a Rightwingers but very disgusted and I will never vote for a republican again.

Seriously, we could reasonably say Democrats are playing politics on a deal that sucks, it's a matter of perspective. Giving a terrorist nation access to a 14 trillion dollars (in relative terms, US to Iran economy) where in crucial areas Iran does their own inspections seems pretty damn stupid. Trust when you can't verify on a country that has earned absolutely no trust what-so-ever is illogical at best.

So the GOP strategy:

If they don't honor the agreement then the US has an International backing to do escalate... Simple...

Either act with no help or act with everyones support.

Seriously, we could reasonably say Democrats are playing politics on a deal that sucks, it's a matter of perspective. Giving a terrorist nation access to a 14 trillion dollars (in relative terms, US to Iran economy) where in crucial areas Iran does their own inspections seems pretty damn stupid. Trust when you can't verify on a country that has earned absolutely no trust what-so-ever is illogical at best.

You know the main body of Nuclear non poliferation experts have said the deal is sound. What makes you a better expert than them?

Since when does appeasement bring peace? Jimmy Carter tried this in the 70s, and it didn't work out so well for him.

We shouldn't be negotiating with Iran, North Korea, Cuba, or any of these ridiculous countries. Now I agree with the left that Iraq wasn't worth the battle, and that our idiot president of the time didn't know any better, or was just trying to get revenge for his daddy. But if the UN or Europe want to go kiss some Ayatollah butt, that's their problem. No reason for us to join in.

Best I can tell you is read post #91 from thesheeplee. Probably one of the 10 best I've seen posted on this topic in last 3 months.
Do you really think we cannot verify?
As far as Iran doing the inspections? That's totally false. From Google. HOW THE AP NEWS GOT THE IRAN INSPECTION STORY WRONG. Cheryl Roofer August 24/15.

Last edited:
Eh, bottom line .. Democrats want to fund terrorism in the middle east and they want Iran to be a nuclear state. That is the final result of this deal. In my opinion any lawmaker that votes for this future is nothing more than a traitor to American interests domestically and abroad.

"And as Obama pointed out, the hard right in Iran scream "Death to America" while the hard right here scream, "Bomb bomb bomb.......bomb bomb Iran". That means their hard right and our hard right are working together."

Right. People wanting to kill each other means they must be working together. That has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

What is this "deal" you speak of? All I've seen is where Kerry went over there and agreed that we would look the other way while they finish making a nuke to obliterate Israel with. You can call that a lot of things but "deal" ain't one of them.

Forum List

Back