What Is Your Speed?

Well ladies...it is Frasier time, so I am off to bed. I might check in later if I can't sleep but in case I do...night night in advance!

Ping 10ms
Download Speed 9.40 Mbps
Upload Speed 3.17 Mbps

The cable company offers much higher speeds, but to me it just isn't worth the price. It's more than fast enough as it is, IMO.

And the cable company says I have a Download speed of 9.46 Mbsp and upload speed of 2.21 Mbsp.

That's a significant difference.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Say goodnight Gracie..

3.0 that I pay $60 a month for.
One of the downsides to living in a rural area.:(

I was that way for 3 years until the last year. Now I pay $35 a mo for 100 mbps

Mine is 30 download, 6 upload, 16 ping. But that limitation is due to me being wireless, which has a ceiling on speed. I've never hooked up a direct ethernet to this router, but I'm sure it's much, much faster. $66 per month w/ Comcast.

hmm I have 2 other computers on wireless, and speed varies..but sometimes it is full amount.

hmm I have 2 other computers on wireless, and speed varies..but sometimes it is full amount.
But different wireless USB dongles have different speeds, and mine is more than a few years old. I'm sure there are much faster ones to pair with my router - and different routers also have different speeds.

But different wireless USB dongles have different speeds, and mine is more than a few years old. I'm sure there are much faster ones to pair with my router - and different routers also have different speeds.

I gotcha. You have good speed anyhow, so not a biggie.

From my laptop in the next room to the router I get 10.16 mbps
I stream everything so I pay for the fastest.
I have two Roku's and one smart TV in the main room - all three stream.
Plus I have a satellite radio in the kitchen and one in the garage that rides on a booster in the kitchen. Sooo...need the speed.

But you're not getting the fastest. Far from it. Unless you misplaced your decimal point.

You note I did say "from my laptop sitting in a room away from the router"...my house was built in 1895...solid everything. So that is pretty good considering.
Walking and sitting right nest to the router I get 22.86

But you're not getting the fastest. Far from it. Unless you misplaced your decimal point.

You note I did say "from my laptop sitting in a room away from the router"...my house was built in 1895...solid everything. So that is pretty good considering.
Walking and sitting right nest to the router I get 22.86
And you're getting ripped off if you are paying for the fastest. As I have already stated, I am also totally wireless and get 30mbps.

Forum List

Back