What is your local Oktoberfest like and have you ever been to the one in Munich?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Kings of Con
Have you ever been to the one in Munich. Eventhough Im 2 car hours only away from it, I was never there, and I never wore a Lederhosen. What about you?

Have you ever been to the one in Munich. Eventhough Im 2 car hours only away from it, I was never there, and I never wore a Lederhosen. What about you?

I lived in Augsburg, 2 hours by train in the other direction to you I would assume and also spend a month in Passau, more your way. I went to the Oktoberfest many years ago, it sucked.

I arrived later than the other people I was with because I had to go to the airport to see someone off first. Then when I arrived some people were already drunk, some waitress woman with huge bosoms came along after a short time and kicked us off our table, we wandered around for a while, then spent hours trying to find some drunk Russian girl's bag which she'd checked at one of the entrances but was far too drunk to remember. I also remember trying to go to the bathroom, nightmare, total chaos in there.

I preferred the other beer festivals, I don't drink, but if you're with a good load of people, then it doesn't matter. A smaller place, less noise, less drunk people, more friendly, more dancing on tables and people there to have a good time for a few hours, rather than Oktoberfest which seemed to be full of people trying to do things to tell their friends about, or just forget everything.

I lived in Augsburg, 2 hours by train in the other direction to you I would assume and also spend a month in Passau, more your way. I went to the Oktoberfest many years ago, it sucked.

I arrived later than the other people I was with because I had to go to the airport to see someone off first. Then when I arrived some people were already drunk, some waitress woman with huge bosoms came along after a short time and kicked us off our table, we wandered around for a while, then spent hours trying to find some drunk Russian girl's bag which she'd checked at one of the entrances but was far too drunk to remember. I also remember trying to go to the bathroom, nightmare, total chaos in there.

I preferred the other beer festivals, I don't drink, but if you're with a good load of people, then it doesn't matter. A smaller place, less noise, less drunk people, more friendly, more dancing on tables and people there to have a good time for a few hours, rather than Oktoberfest which seemed to be full of people trying to do things to tell their friends about, or just forget everything.
I went to beerfest in Heilbronne FRG and I think the cozy atmosphere at a local beerfest is preferable to Oktoberfest.

I've never been. Crowds distress me.

Take the two hour car ride, Mortimer. Check it out! But please, if you try on lederhosen, don't post a picture.

My dad did every year until 1970 when he and my Ma moved here. I have only been to American beer fest, but enjoyed all of them.

We have a Beer Hall here in Vegas that makes a big deal out of trying to celebrate Oktoberfest as real as possible. I've never been.

I went to the one in Munich twice. Once in 1963 and again around 1967 or so. Kinda nice back then.

I later discovered local Weinfests in Germany and Austria and enjoyed them far more.

Forum List

Back