What is your favorite gemstone?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Opal-Bright2L.jpg

Opals! My birthstone...and because they have multi colors.

And you?

Opals rank way up there with me too. However my absolute favorite is Alexandrite...

alex_rough_crop1.jpg

They're all good, but I especially love pearls and amber because they are from something alive.

Oh, and sea green chalcedony rocks my world.

They're all good, but I especially love pearls and amber because they are from something alive.

i adore pearls. The influx of newer freshwater and baroke pearls has been quite interesting in the last 20 years.

Opals rank way up there with me too. However my absolute favorite is Alexandrite...

alex_rough_crop1.jpg

Alexandrite, the only stone more expensive than diamonds. Supply is limited if not drained by now.

Even though I have sold, and thus own many diamonds, I do love them but of the colored gemstones, the "Burmese Ruby" or "Pigeon's Blood Ruby" or Star Ruby are amongst my favorites. Large with several carets. Luscious...:eusa_pray:

Last edited:
This is our family business- my dad owns a jewelry store and we sell a lot of fine gemstones.. My favorite has always been the ruby..blood red.. in it's purest form, flawless, elegant, sensual.. mesmerizing..

Ah. Alexandrite. Yes. So darn expensive, too. But so beautiful.

rubies are my favorite

although i have an arrowhead just shy of 3 inches made of

black obsidian that i found on a hillside over looking a lake in southern Minnesota

it may not be a gemstone

it is a priceless addition to my collection

That's my birthstone, but I never got one. I love emeralds, and I think I still have the one I bought in 1986, around here somewhere. I had a beautiful amethyst stone embedded in a gold setting also way back in 1988. I got it for about $7, because it had a flaw inside it. I haven't seen it for a long time. Must have gotten lost. :(

Forum List

Back