Obama Comes Out Against Dog Breed-Specific Legislation, Joins The Fight For Pit Bulls

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
:thup:

Obama Comes Out Against Dog Breed-Specific Legislation, Joins The Fight For Pit Bulls

ails are wagging in Washington this week.

Not only did the Obama family introduce Sunny the puppy to her adoring country, but the White House also came out against breed-specific legislation -- regulations and laws that restrict ownership of dogs by breed, pit bulls being the most common target.

Groups like the American Bar Association have said for years that these sorts of restrictions do harm -- to families, to dogs, to due process and to the economy -- without actually improving public safety.

Based on a statement that the White House put out about a week ago, it would seem that Obama agrees. "Breed-Specific Legislation Is a Bad Idea" begins the White House's official response to an online petition, signed by more than 30,000 people, asking for laws that target dogs by breed to be outlawed at a federal level.

How so frikken IMPORTANT he has to STEP in...

dear gawd, what is he a CHILD? He steps in it alright and it's a steaming pile of doo doo..

NOTICE his new doggie WASN'T a pit bull? but he cares...what a joke of a man

and it takes so little for the Obama cult followers to GUSH over anything he does...

so CULTISH..creepy

Last edited:
I agree with him that the dogs shouldn't be outlawed, but he's wrong in pushing for the Congress to make such laws illegal. This is not within the purview of the federal government; it is a state and local issue and should be decided as such.

How so frikken IMPORTANT he has to STEP in...

dear gawd, what is he a CHILD? He steps in it alright and it's a steaming pile of doo doo..

NOTICE his new doggie WASN'T a pit bull? but he cares...what a joke of a man

and it takes so little for the Obama cult followers to GUSH over anything he does...

so CULTISH..creepy

Awe shut up. You're going to bitch no matter what he does.

toure.jpg

I agree with him that the dogs shouldn't be outlawed, but he's wrong in pushing for the Congress to make such laws illegal. This is not within the purview of the federal government; it is a state and local issue and should be decided as such.

It could fall under commerce.

In any case..they are stupid and cruel laws.

I remember the hate you on left dished up on Bush when he got involved in the Terri Schiavo case...and that was A HUMAN BEING...

now you applaud Obama for a DOG...just twisted

I remember the hate you on left dished up on Bush when he got involved in the Terri Schiavo case...and that was A HUMAN BEING...

What hate?

oh that's right, I forget most you seemed to be only born when Obama was elected and you people don't REMEMBER anything from the Bush years...well go LOOK it up...it wasn't pretty...now off to do your homework..

Last edited:

What hate?

oh that's right, I forget most you seemed to be only born when Obama was elected and you people don't REMEMBER anything from the Bush years...well go LOOK it up...it wasn't pretty...now off to do your homework..

Man Step..you sure are "Ruff"...

:eusa_drool:

Last edited:
Groups like the American Bar Association have said for years that these sorts of restrictions do harm -- to families, to dogs, to due process and to the economy -- without actually improving public safety.

Which makes this a subject our prez should weigh in on.

I wonder what the reaction would have been if he had been in favor of BSL.

Naw, I don't wonder at all. The reaction is always the same and deserves to be ignored.

No it would not. Me buying a dog here in Nevada is not interstate commerce.

Depends. Maybe the dog was born in Arizona.

And if dogs from Nevada gets sold to people in New York, guess what? It's interstate commerce.

And if dogs from Nevada gets sold to people in New York, guess what? It's interstate commerce.

How many people do that? We can argue legal theory all day if we wanted. Unless something like this passes, which I doubt, it doesn't really matter.

How many people do that? We can argue legal theory all day if we wanted. Unless something like this passes, which I doubt, it doesn't really matter.

Alot.

My dog was born in Korea.

:lol:

Forum List

Back