What is your background/interest in the Middle East?

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by Saigon, May 12, 2012.

1. Saigon

Saigon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,240
    Roadby suggested the other day that people post their qualifications or background on this topic, and I think it's a great idea.

It's not a contest, but I'm curious to know who might have lived in Qatar, who might have a degree in Arabic, or who might have spent every summer at Yeshiva camp!

So think of countries you have been to, any relevant degrees or publications, languages spoken....anything which really attaches you to the Israel/Palestine conflict and the ME region.

I don't mind going first or last...but I'll hold off in case someone really wants to go first!

All off-topic spamming, abuse and tantrums will be ignored.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: May 12, 2012
  2. JStone

JStone BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Palestine was a Roman-invented name for Israel during the Roman Empire. Maybe, "attach" yourself to a history book? :badgrin:

Here's your desperately needed history lesson for the day, gratis. :clap2:

Eminent Biblical Historian and Scholar Dr. Paula Fredriksen, Professor of Religion, Boston University; Ph.D, History of Religion, Princeton University; Diploma in Theology, Oxford University
    PBS...
    PBS...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLypbbijk2I&feature=relmfu]The Gifts of the Jews - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  3. P F Tinmore

P F Tinmore Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,929
    Well, Stoner's interest is spam.

4. JStone

JStone BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    PFUCKTARD
    [​IMG]

"Rep System Guidelines: Our reputation system is designed to provide a feedback and credibility mechanism."

P F Tinmore Rep Power: 0
    "PF Tinmore is off the scale"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4Vp642ERhM&feature=related]Sound-Effects - Crowd Laughing - YouTube[/ame]

5. P F Tinmore

P F Tinmore Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,929
    See what I mean.

6. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    My nephew married a girl from Palestine she is awesome ,,he was teaching English there..she speaks four languages and they now teach together in the United Arab Emirates..they have the sweetest little girl ever, my grand niece.. a wee Scottish /palestinian lass

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. Saigon

Saigon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,240
    Wow, interesting!

There can't be too many Scottish-Palestinians in the world! But that would certainly give you an interesting view of the conflict.

Again - all attempts to derail this thread with off-topic spamming and abuse will be ignored.

8. Iridescence

Iridescence BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +268
    My interest regarding the middle east is founded in personal superstition and my qualifications for.... posting..... is, in addition to that which so many unaware give of their abundance, intuition.

It isn't too difficult to observe the exchanges of others.... finding treasures among their carelessly disgarded words, pathological fingerprints upon the page.

9. Saigon

Saigon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,240
    Interesting!

I'm not at all intuitive myself, so I don't think it would work for me, but I do agree that intuition is a very interesting way of reading other peoples' words. I often find that the most offensively racist comments come at times when people are least aware of what they are saying...as you say, those pathological fingerprints!

10. Iridescence

Iridescence BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +268
    :eusa_shhh: JStone may very well be an eccentrically brilliant artist who struggles in presenting his material in a direct and unquestionable fashion. Perhaps JStone is a profoundly veiled Illusionist in which gauges the alptitude of his gazing audience by subjecting such to conspiring, spiraling psychological entrapments in which provokes, continually evoking complex thought that his audience becomes self-inflictive and irreversibly defective by merely being present to his service. Those few who do successfully withstand, with the simplicity and eloquence that only such as JStone could possess, receive a trophied entitlement of his best effort toward belittling degradation of their, however successfully, applied logic. :eusa_boohoo: