What is your background/interest in the Middle East?

I watched a documentary on Palestine about ten years ago. It was the most disturbing thing I have seen. I couldn't sleep that night. Until that time I never knew about the conflict. Since then I have read everything I could find.

I watched a documentary on Palestine about ten years ago. It was the most disturbing thing I have seen. I couldn't sleep that night. Until that time I never knew about the conflict. Since then I have read everything I could find.

Cool. Any particular books you've been impressed by?

It might be good to come up with a bit of a reading list out of this thread as well.

Cool. Any particular books you've been impressed by?

It might be good to come up with a bit of a reading list out of this thread as well.

"Panther in the Basement" By Amos Oz is very recommended.

As for documentaries, I watched some, but my al time favourite is of course "Precious life". Once you start seeing it, you can't take your eyes off of the screen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSxUkVv30ZI]Precious Life - Official Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

My interest in the Mid EAST is entirely based on how that events in that place effects my nation.

Behond that I really don't care who runs it, how they live, what their religion is or is not, etc.

I was a Christian fundamentalist for many years. Every church I attended was 100% pro Israel and Jewish people. They always had an American flag on one side of the stage and an Israeli flag on the other. All that I knew about muslims was that they were evil people and Islam was controlled by satanic forces.

Then one day I picked up a Quran and read it. It wasn't nothing like I had been taught in church. When I finished studying it I converted to Islam. That was 12 years ago.

Also, I started to analyze the problems in the Middle East from an objective point of view. It didn't take long to see that the main problem was Zionism and the rouge state of Israel. It had nothing to do with me being a muslim. I came that conclusion independent of my religion.

I was a Christian fundamentalist for many years. Every church I attended was 100% pro Israel and Jewish people. They always had an American flag on one side of the stage and an Israeli flag on the other. All that I knew about muslims was that they were evil people and Islam was controlled by satanic forces.

Then one day I picked up a Quran and read it. It wasn't nothing like I had been taught in church. When I finished studying it I converted to Islam. That was 12 years ago.

Also, I started to analyze the problems in the Middle East from an objective point of view. It didn't take long to see that the main problem was Zionism and the rouge state of Israel. It had nothing to do with me being a muslim. I came that conclusion independent of my religion.

Very interesting, Sunni Man!

"Panther in the Basement" By Amos Oz is very recommended.

I'm a big Amos Oz fan, from the time I read 'My Michael' and his amazing short stories.

On kibbutz, I started reading fiction first, and read him, Chaim Potok, Saul Bellow and Philip Roth. I learned so much about Jewish life and culture that I could never have picked up anywhere else, so I think they are great to recommend.

My nephew married a girl from Palestine she is awesome ,,he was teaching English there..she speaks four languages and they now teach together in the United Arab Emirates..they have the sweetest little girl ever, my grand niece.. a wee Scottish /palestinian lass
Ok. Now that your nephew married a Palestinian girl who happens to be nice, then that makes all the factual barbarism, terrorism, Islamic radicalism, and intolerance of the Palestinians untrue.

What a total nincompoop.

Bullshit. All you are saying is that you were somewhat of a moron before, and even more of a moron after.

I had a propose we move all the israelies to Utah
How about yu move to Gaza or some other Islamic shithole to see who they really are, instead of posting your garbage propoganda and broadcasting your ignorance.

Forum List

Back