What Is Wrong With This Car?

I have a 99 Taurus that's just kicking my fucking ass right now.

Yeah....computers+cars=$$$$$$$

Thats why I love my '88.

Actually, everything that's wrong with this car has nothing to do with the computer system

My fuel pump just went, or it's an issue in the wiring to it. So right now it won't start. This is a common problem with the Taurus that was prevalent for YEARS and they offered no recall.

But then, here's all the other issues:

-Heater core clogged, so no heat (this is also a common problem with no recall).
-Sway bar links are bad.
-Wipers will just turn on out of nowhere for a pass or two, every once in a while.
-Car doesn't recognize sometimes that the door is closed and the ajar light will stay on. This also prevents the locks from automatically locking. Then out of nowhere in mid drive, it recognizes and then my locks will engage.
-It seems to be losing coolant very slowly, and I can't figure out where from. I never see any wet spots in the engine compartment or on the ground. And I know for a fact that it's not getting into the combustion chambers.

The wiper and door problem are just a wiring issue that would be a tough fix because I'd have to rip open shit and get into wiring harnesses and then actually find the right wires. I'll just live with those minor inconveniences.

I'm convinced it was the worst car ever built, and yet somehow it's been Ford's best selling car.

'95 Corolla. +/- 116k miles. Paid off for 13 years now. The only problem is since we moved back to the f'n sticks the gravel country roads tend to eat struts. :doubt:

But we're in town now. Keep up with the maintenance and my kids will probably inherit it.

Sell it or junk it.

The Taurus is just a money pit. :evil:

Yeah but I bought it for $1000 and it had only 69k miles on it.

I've already gotten 2 years out of it with about $500 put into it so far. The fuel pump issue will probably be another couple hundred. So it's still worth it to me to keep it.

Sell it or junk it.

The Taurus is just a money pit. :evil:

Fuck you. My '91 Taurus was a jewel. One of the best cars I ever owned.

You don't properly maintain any vehicle, instead of just getting in it and running it non stop, it WILL give you problems, just like your own body.

Last edited:

Thats why I love my '88.

Actually, everything that's wrong with this car has nothing to do with the computer system

My fuel pump just went, or it's an issue in the wiring to it. So right now it won't start. This is a common problem with the Taurus that was prevalent for YEARS and they offered no recall.

-Heater core clogged, so no heat (this is also a common problem with no recall).
-Sway bar links are bad.
-Wipers will just turn on out of nowhere for a pass or two, every once in a while.
-Car doesn't recognize sometimes that the door is closed and the ajar light will stay on. This also prevents the locks from automatically locking. Then out of nowhere in mid drive, it recognizes and then my locks will engage.
-It seems to be losing coolant very slowly, and I can't figure out where from. I never see any wet spots in the engine compartment or on the ground. And I know for a fact that it's not getting into the combustion chambers.

The wiper and door problem are just a wiring issue that would be a tough fix because I'd have to rip open shit and get into wiring harnesses and then actually find the right wires. I'll just live with those minor inconveniences.

I'm convinced it was the worst car ever built, and yet somehow it's been Ford's best selling car.
I see the problem Paulie.

It's written right on the side of the car............"FORD" :eusa_angel:

Thats why I love my '88.

-Sway bar links are bad.

Yeah, just get a new car. Not a taurus.

BTW, I saw a new model Taurus on the road the other day.
Model_BillboardImage_8801F25B-C67B-0A26-4490-2D3544902D35.jpg

Thats why I love my '88.

-Sway bar links are bad.

Paulie, the worst car ever built was the.....

PintoCar.jpg

Thats why I love my '88.

-Sway bar links are bad.

Yeah I hate that I actually kind of like that new body style. They finally manufactured the gay out of it.

-Sway bar links are bad.

Yeah I hate that I actually kind of like that new body style. They finally manufactured the gay out of it.

Yeah, that was my thought too when I saw it :lol:

I like the back end too. Doesn't look like an afterthought.

yea and watch where you buy your fuel.....but sunni is right about the fuel filter

some cars have two of them....i never mess with the hidden one in the back...

till i have too

Dude, my 99 is EXTREMELY gay. When I drive it, I go right to work and then come right home. I don't stop for gas, or stores, or tolls, or even for police if they're trying to pull me over. I can't have my image potentially tainted by someone seeing me in it.

1989-ford-taurus-pic-59582.jpeg

Look at it...it just looks like it has sex with men.

That's not my actual Taurus, btw.

Mine is even GAYER, if you can believe it.

108,000. I want it to last the rest of my life, Sunni Man.
It can. Install a BJ40 Toyota drivetrain.:cool:
My 73 is sporting 380,000 miles.Never even had a clutch replacement.:eusa_angel:

How much, Douger?
EBAY it. Here they run 6 to 8 grand. There ? 20 plus. They get 30 mpg and are like a tank. They drive like a tank/tractor too. I had mine hauling ass yesterday. SCREAMING ! 70 mph. My back still hurts...........lol.:eusa_angel:
Thankfully, where I reside, anything over 30 mph is suicidal.

Dude, my 99 is EXTREMELY gay. When I drive it, I go right to work and then come right home. I don't stop for gas, or stores, or tolls, or even for police if they're trying to pull me over. I can't have my image potentially tainted by someone seeing me in it.

1989-ford-taurus-pic-59582.jpeg

Look at it...it just looks like it has sex with men.

Yeah, thats an automotive man on man buttsecks right there.

Forum List

Back