Boy's driving lessons progress

Sep 12, 2008
We got the Permit in September.

We have had driving lessons every weekend at my place since then. total of about 17 hours.

Today we progressed to the freeway.

Oregon requires 100 hours of driving time before you get your licence. I think we will do a lot of driving over christmas vacation. We may go up to Seattle. Build up some serious hours that way. and give him experience of crazy driving.

I have to hand it you, Baruch. You have nerves of steel. I could not bear to teach my child to drive. Instead, onna my friends took her to work every morning and let her drive.....something I did not know at first. When I found out, I was horrified. I couldn't imagine the child not hitting something, and soon, and my friend had a brand new luxury vehicle. (She never did, and is a fine driver now.)

Are you teaching him to drive a shift?

No. I have an automatic. I learned on a shift. It made me paranoid about folks who drive to close to my rear bumper. Especially on hills.

We got the Permit in September.

We have had driving lessons every weekend at my place since then. total of about 17 hours.

Today we progressed to the freeway.

Oregon requires 100 hours of driving time before you get your licence. I think we will do a lot of driving over christmas vacation. We may go up to Seattle. Build up some serious hours that way. and give him experience of crazy driving.

My daughter just started too. We've racked up about 6 hrs in 3 sessions. She's already driven on snow packed roads and she did great. We live about 90 away from Seattle, we'll eventually tackle that one too.

Forum List

Back