What is wrong with the US?

DatpiffNasty

Rookie
Oct 27, 2011
I have to do a project for my class and am trying to find out what people think is the real issue with the country.
1)Economy
2)Politicians
3)Education
4)Religion
5)Morals
6)Taxes
7)Healthcare/Welfare
8) Bureaucracy
9)Capitalism
10)Citizens
11)War
12)Judicial,Executive,Legislative
These are only a few things you can say. If you think anything else is wrong please post

I know that, I am just trying to find out peoples opinions about how this country can be better. That is why, theoretically, we vote people into office so that they can address the issues we believe need to be fixed. Government isn't even the question, I am asking what society thinks about what is happening today.

3. Education (maybe conduct more frequent teacher reviews)
1. Economy (kinda self explanatory)

Well, I would start out by properly defining the type of government we have.

Were supposed to be a republic, we tell our children were a democracy, but what we really are is an Oligarchy of the banking cartel and other powerfull institutions of profit.

to francoHFW
When I say the people I am trying to cover as much of the spectrum as I can without trying to be bias. I am asking for everyone and anyone's opinion, the class I am in brings in Nazi's, Radical Communists, anarchist, religious fanatics, hardcore atheists and anyone who doesn't fit in the norm. But thank you

Last edited:
I'll sum it up on one word:

Apathy

Apathy toward the plight of your fellow man.
Apathy toward the rule of law.
Apathy toward the abuse of power by the government.
Apathy toward the outside world
Apathy toward the information that would benefit you otherwise.

If you want to write a report that will truly analyze the problems with this nation, Apathy is your thesis.

Number 10, Citizens, only because you didn't list 'our culture.'

In the last generation or two we have become a nation of "gimmee" instead of taking responsibility for ourselves. Listen to the older people in their 80's talk about how they really worked to make a living. Our society always wanted to have it better for our kids and look what we have done. How many are protesting because they don't have the money the educated, talented and responsible people do.

We are a society that is taking the responsibility away from the parents. Schools were never intended to take the place of parents but to EDUCATE them in the academics. We don't even expect the parents to provide a lunch for their own children, even if they get food stamps and welfare!

When parents were respected, children listened to them. Now, we don't ask much of them and watch them get drugs, eliminate higher learning, not going to trade schools to provide for a career.

Just watch the politicians pass so many entitlements to our people that it has become a conscious decision whether to even work for a paycheck or wait for the government to send you one. But those politicians get voted back into office. We have become a nation of lazy, soft and irresponsible people who enable this society to become burdens for the sake of politics.

Just my 2 cents.

Best of luck on your assignment. It was a good idea to come here for comments. Let us know how you do!

Last edited:
Corporatism, greed, ignorance- basically greedy bought off Pubs and their dupes.

People like I quoted are the problem.
These are the people who are so owned by a party they vote in the very thing they claim to despise... On the issues of war, bailouts, immigration, general foreign policy, homeland security, monetary policy, religion, corruption and so on, both parties are virtually the same.

Now the person I quoted will attack in this case Republicans for 3 things that they claim to be the problem with the country, then this same person will go out and vote for politicians that literally are the definition of Corporate bought, greedy people who have a serious lack of education when it comes to things like the economy and so on... Obama is technically the most Owned person in the world by corporations through donations, he beats every politician in the history of the world… In fact Obama was the first time Democrats passed Republicans in corporate donations.

So in the end my answer is the voters. Both sides have many people just like the guy I quoted.

Last edited:
So in the end my answer is the voters.

That sums it up doesn't it? We have become corrupted. We have turned away from God.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

Think about it? What has caused the problems with out nation?

A sense of entitlement
Pride
Dishonesty
Corruption in people and politicians
A refusal for individuals to take responsibility for their actions and the world around them and instead pass it on to government.
Coveteousness
Break down of the family

We have become a spiritually dead people. And the attidote to those problems is to live the commandments of God.

To be humble, honest, full of integrity, without guile, someone who embrace their responsibilities, someone who acts with personal charity and doesnt try to pass the buck to someone else. Someone who takes care of their family and watches over them and doesnt try to flee from them.

In short, someone who honestly turns to God and repents of their sins.

Faith and Repentence is the solution.

Corporatism, greed, ignorance- basically greedy bought off Pubs and their dupes.

People like I quoted are the problem.
These are the people who are so owned by a party they vote in the very thing they claim to despise... On the issues of war, bailouts, immigration, general foreign policy, homeland security, monetary policy, religion, corruption and so on, both parties are virtually the same.

Now the person I quoted will attack in this case Republicans for 3 things that they claim to be the problem with the country, then this same person will go out and vote for politicians that literally are the definition of Corporate bought, greedy people who have a serious lack of education when it comes to things like the economy and so on... Obama is technically the most Owned person in the world by corporations through donations, he beats every politician in the history of the world… In fact Obama was the first time Democrats passed Republicans in corporate donations.

So in the end my answer is the voters.

I read your post and I agree somewhat.

But we've elected what you call "owned" people at virtually every office in every State. Look at Chicago for crying out loud. Sometimes domestic tranquility prevailed, sometimes it didn't.

I don't doubt that it is a problem but in terms of root causes, politics plays only a minor role of the wealth of nations. The true value of the US has always been freedom. It is under attack on all fronts and the subtle subversion of those rights is underway today.

We had a discussion about welfare recipients having to pee into a cup to get their assistance. I think it is a subversion of their rights. The comparatively small stipend we extend to our citizens pales in comparison to the billions spent on largely useless military assets. Take a look at this link:

Only in America- 25-year old wins $300 million Military Contract

I recall hearing a story about the US scrapping some warships that were not even finished for almost an equal amount.

Two never-finished Navy ships head to scrap heap | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

If we're going to make people getting a couple a hundred a week to pee into a cup, we should be giving truth serum to all who apply for military contracts.

I can't disagree with what you're saying but there are much greater problems than owned politicians. That we allow any ownership of political processes at all and are enslaved to a two-party system whose overarching paradigm is keeping it a two-party system is a much larger issue.

if the system were to break down into more than lets say, 6 parties do you think the problem would be fixed or only diluted and less lethal?
ex. most conservatives and many moderates fit into the the Libertarian ideology.

if the system were to break down into more than lets say, 6 parties do you think the problem would be fixed or only diluted and less lethal?
ex. most conservatives and many moderates fit into the the Libertarian ideology.

I tend to think our system needs to be re-examined. We live under a business model that is over 200 years old; written prior to street lights being invented.

So I would say diluted and less lethal since the pay-backs will be proportional to the reduced investment. But again, why we would allow any of these naked investments in the first place is the real shame.

The problem is partisanship. It is not a new problem but has become a festering wound in our country that threatens to destroy us. Sure the economy is the big issue and that includes the public debt and joblessness. The economy also has a bearing on our infrastructure, education and most everything else. But we cannot come to a solution with the intense partisanship in Washington where it is a constant battle to satisfy special interest groups and not the good of the country.

It is a sad thing to see and personally I do not see the partisanship getting any better. The only way that the leaders of this country will put down their bickering is when the economy collapses so much that they will have no choice but to work together. May GOD help us.

Last edited:
I have to do a project for my class and am trying to find out what people think is the real issue with the country.
1)Economy
2)Politicians
3)Education
4)Religion
5)Morals
6)Taxes
7)Healthcare/Welfare
8) Bureaucracy
9)Capitalism
10)Citizens
11)War
12)Judicial,Executive,Legislative
These are only a few things you can say. If you think anything else is wrong please post

Energy. Energy is the source. It ties in with the economy, politicians, education, religion morality, taxes , capitalism and everything else. Energy impacts everything from the cost of doing business to the price of milk. For some reason our president has decided that Americans should be punished for their consumption while old folks freeze in the winter and the poor and the middle class people have to shell out $4.oo for a gallon of gas to get to work. Democrats decided a long time ago that the US should never be independent of foreign energy because the democrat party thrives on the chaos that dependence on foreign oil causes. Windmills? The toxic useless manufacture of solar panels? It's Obama's way of bringing the once great America down to a 3rd world status.

If the system breaks down, i would presume we would all be citizens of our individual states.

If the system really breaks down and the Feds and the states collapse at the same time, we will break down into families or tribes

Forum List

Back