What is wrong with the US?

I have to do a project for my class and am trying to find out what people think is the real issue with the country.
1)Economy
2)Politicians
3)Education
4)Religion
5)Morals
6)Taxes
7)Healthcare/Welfare
8) Bureaucracy
9)Capitalism
10)Citizens
11)War
12)Judicial,Executive,Legislative
These are only a few things you can say. If you think anything else is wrong please post
Corporatism, greed, ignorance- basically greedy bought off Pubs and their dupes.
If you are looking for the opinions that are representative of society, you looking in wrong place.

I have to do a project for my class and am trying to find out what people think is the real issue with the country.
1)Economy
2)Politicians
3)Education
4)Religion
5)Morals
6)Taxes
7)Healthcare/Welfare
8) Bureaucracy
9)Capitalism
10)Citizens
11)War
12)Judicial,Executive,Legislative
These are only a few things you can say. If you think anything else is wrong please post
Corporatism, greed, ignorance- basically greedy bought off Pubs and their dupes.
If you are looking for the opinions that are representative of society, you looking in wrong place.

I think Charles got close to it there but yeah, you're in the wrong spot. Maybe take a composite of the posts here and you can find an answer in there somewhere....LOL.:razz:

As a pub dupe. You are by definition wrong. If you are biased against French Civilization, dittto. Monolingual dingbatism is another USA problem, also typical of dupes.Also anti-intellectualism, xenophobia, arrogance- all goes back to ignorance, actually... tyvm.

Last edited:
So in the end my answer is the voters.

That sums it up doesn't it? We have become corrupted. We have turned away from God.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

Think about it? What has caused the problems with out nation?

A sense of entitlement
Pride
Dishonesty
Corruption in people and politicians
A refusal for individuals to take responsibility for their actions and the world around them and instead pass it on to government.
Coveteousness
Break down of the family

We have become a spiritually dead people. And the attidote to those problems is to live the commandments of God.

To be humble, honest, full of integrity, without guile, someone who embrace their responsibilities, someone who acts with personal charity and doesnt try to pass the buck to someone else. Someone who takes care of their family and watches over them and doesnt try to flee from them.

In short, someone who honestly turns to God and repents of their sins.

Faith and Repentence is the solution.

However you get to the conclusion that it's the voters that vote in corrupted or bad politicians as a reflection of themselves is fine, and I agree that it is the voters.

Avatar, just so you know I'm not religious at all and I don't feel that I have "turned" on God," somehow making me corrupted in any way. Some need a "God" to make them behave, others like myself feel we are individuals that are responsible for the good and bad that we do, our own actions define us.

For me, doing good or being a good person is not in hopes God see's me favorably. God might be real but if he/it decides I'm not worthy of heaven simply because I don't believe then that is a shallow God and I don't feel he deserves my devotion.

So in the end my answer is the voters.

That sums it up doesn't it? We have become corrupted. We have turned away from God.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

A sense of entitlement
Pride
Dishonesty
A refusal for individuals to take responsibility for their actions and the world around them and instead pass it on to government.
Coveteousness
Break down of the family

We have become a spiritually dead people. And the attidote to those problems is to live the commandments of God.

To be humble, honest, full of integrity, without guile, someone who embrace their responsibilities, someone who acts with personal charity and doesnt try to pass the buck to someone else. Someone who takes care of their family and watches over them and doesnt try to flee from them.

However you get to the conclusion that it's the voters that vote in corrupted or bad politicians as a reflection of themselves is fine, and I agree that it is the voters.

Avatar, just so you know I'm not religious at all and I don't feel that I have "turned" on God," somehow making me corrupted in any way. Some need a "God" to make them behave, others like myself feel we are individuals that are responsible for the good and bad that we do, our own actions define us.

For me, doing good or being a good person is not in hopes God see's me favorably. God might be real but if he/it decides I'm not worthy of heaven simply because I don't believe then that is a shallow God and I don't feel he deserves my devotion.

We get the government we deserve. Apathy is a poor public servant's greatest ally.

As a pub dupe. You are by definition wrong. If you are biased against French Civilization, dittto.

who said anything about being biased against French Civilization? I just said it explained alot.

And for being wrong by definition, i sure as heck get alot of things right:)

if the system were to break down into more than lets say, 6 parties do you think the problem would be fixed or only diluted and less lethal?
ex. most conservatives and many moderates fit into the the Libertarian ideology.

The system needs to be broken down to the size and scope the constitution requires. The reason the constitution was so limiting is to avoid corruption as much as possible. Today with Presidents like Bush and Obama the constitution is in the way of their vision of progress.

The goal of the FF was to make us as free of a people as possible, today leaders vision is to make the US a world super power at any costs, literally. To protect such power means of course freedoms are a annoying hindrance. Most today can't even comprehend freedom, the word is not even seen as a lifestyle, it provokes instead questions of "what if" mixed with fear. Freedom is to be avoided in today’s America as most see nothing "in it" for them.

A sense of entitlement
Pride
Dishonesty
Coveteousness
Break down of the family

We get the government we deserve. Apathy is a poor public servant's greatest ally.

Yup.

Not that I've seen.

"Think about it? What has caused the problems with out nation?

A sense of entitlement
Pride
Dishonesty
Coveteousness
Break down of the family'

We have become a spiritually dead people. And the attidote to those problems is to live the commandments of God."

A lot of dittoheadism, and fundiism, and speak for yourself. Keep church and state seperate.

Not that I've seen.

A sense of entitlement
Pride
Dishonesty
Coveteousness

We have become a spiritually dead people. And the attidote to those problems is to live the commandments of God."

A lot of dittoheadism, and fundiism, and speak for yourself. Keep church and state seperate.

I noticed you skipped my post... Not that it matters, if you replyed to it you would still be full of shit.

Not that I've seen.

A sense of entitlement
Pride
Dishonesty
Coveteousness

Who said anything about merging church and state?

I understand you don't see the obvious problems with our society IE that the people have become corrupted. Doesn't mean I'm wrong. Quite the opposite.

Are you truly suggesting that those arent the fundamental problems of what's going on? Because they are. We are in a culture of corruption and we need to change our culture to one of honesty and humility and virtue.

You seem to think that I want to do this through some sort of government enforcement. But that is impossible. See, I understand something, as many other conservatives do as well. Passing laws does not and cannot eliminate corruption in people. It just cant be done. Because law does not and cannot change the hearts of people. Nor can the force of government.

Unfortunately, there are some conservatives and almost all progressives that fail to see that simple fact. In order for good to exist, it must be done voluntarily. Charity must be provided of our own free will. We have to be honest of our own free will. We can only be geniunely humble if we choose to be.

I wish you'd learn it as well. But doubt you seriously think about anything I say. You just dont seem the type.

And the corruption I'm against in Gov't is on the part of Pubs. Dems tend to sex and stealing cash from gov't, not wholesale scamming the citizens in team with corps and banks.
They're great at pulling the wool and getting elected, corrupt boom and bust, myopic policy.

Last edited:
yep.
no one is saying that the church is going to be supported by government. The only reason there is that difference is when Georgia segregated the Baptist, they didn't want them in a Catholic state. The line has only been broken once and on the state level, not even the federal

If it's against the law, that certainly helps one's conscience.

What does that have to do with anything?

There are corrupt people who don't flagrantly violate the law. They lie to their wives. They milk money from a client. They lie about a political opponent.

How does the law stop corruption?

And the corruption I'm against in Gov't is on the part of Pubs. Dems tend to sex and stealing cash from gov't, not wholesale scamming the citizens in team with corps and banks.
They're great at pulling the wool and getting elected, corrupt boom and bust, myopic policy.

Good one. Lol

Forum List

Back