What is wrong with the Senate gun confiscation...I mean, gun grab....I mean gun control bill...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
For xponentialchaos in particular.......

Some of the more troubling aspects of the bill were highlighted in an analysis conducted by the Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC):

Red Flag Laws

• Incentivizes local disarmament proceedings, of which many states currently employ secret ex-parte hearings.
  • Calls only for standards equivalent only to civil court.
  • For all the bluster in the measure about protecting due process and the constitutional rights of the subjects of the hearings during the “appropriate phase,” it implies that states will still be able to hold secret ex-parte hearings to deprive the People of their rights.
  • Entitles the subject to an attorney “at the appropriate phase,” but it must be at the subject’s expense.
  • -----
  • Private Sales
    • Expands the definition of “engaged in the business” by striking “with the principal objective of livelihood and profit” in the current definition and replacing it with “to predominantly earn a profit.”
    • This confusion could lead to new and successful prosecutions of private sellers who may fall under the broad and vague definition of “engaged in business” and therefore the need to be licensed.

“The proposal seeks to chill the right to keep and bear arms by incentivizing local disarmament proceedings, of which many states currently employ secret ex-parte hearings, massive penalties and enhancements reminiscent of the mass incarceration of the so-called war on drugs, naked discrimination against young adults, and an aggressive assault on peaceable conduct,” FPC said in a separate statement. “Should this package be adopted, it will result in the imprisonment, injury, and death of peaceable people.”

One of the worst parts.....if they take your guns...you have to pay a lawyer to help you get them back....which is intended to make it much harder to get your guns returned to you.......what they should mandate is if they want to take your guns, they have to bring you into court, pay for your lawyer to defend you, and then, if they take your guns, pay for your legal team to get your guns back...

At a minimum, that would be a limiting factor on local assholes grabbing your guns.....

Still against the Red Flag laws xponentialchaos.....just thought you should know.

If I'm Cornyn...I'd be having someone else start my car from now on.

No...republicans aren't democrats....we don't have brown shirts like blm or antifa who will burn, loot and murder Americans on command........or attempt to murder Supreme Court Justices or the entire Republican baseball team, or police officers like the blm guy in Dallas did......

We vote them out of office.

No...republicans aren't democrats....we don't have brown shirts like blm or antifa who will burn, loot and murder Americans on command........or attempt to murder Supreme Court Justices or the entire Republican baseball team, or police officers like the blm guy in Dallas did......

We vote them out of office.
You ain’t voting Cronyn out of office…

1655933417206.png

Let's make the same restrictions apply to all motorized vehicles, power tools (especially nail guns), swords and knives, and a few other deadly items that can kill people if misused and see how long this law stands.

*****SMILE*****

:)

How about keeping firearms out of the hands of Leftest Revolutionaries like ANTIFA or insurrectionists like the destructive BLM shitheads? They are a lot more dangerous to this country.
Actually I believe you are as much of a threat to the Republic, but I would not deny anyone unless they have been Convicted of a crime…

Actually I believe you are as much of a threat to the Republic,
I am a threat to the Republic?

I have never committed a crime.

I am a certified firearms trainer and range officer. I have trained sheriff deputies on how to use an AR.

During the time in the military and working in the aerospace industry I was granted Confidential, Secret, Top Secret, Top Secret Crypto, L and Q clearances by the Federal government. They trusted me with nuclear weapon technology. They also know I was a collector of firearms and they trusted my with AR-15s.

You don't know what the fuck you are talking about Moon Bat.

I am a threat to the Republic?

I have never committed a crime.

I am a certified firearms trainer and range officer. I have trained sheriff deputies on how to use an AR.

During the time in the military and working in the aerospace industry I was granted Confidential, Secret, Top Secret, Top Secret Crypto, L and Q clearances by the Federal government. They trusted me with nuclear weapon technology. They also know I was a collector of firearms and they trusted my with AR-15s.

You don't know what the fuck you are talking about Moon Bat.
Sure you were and sure I don’t…

As I wrote I wouldn’t deny anyone their second amendment right unless they were convicted of a crime but you would based on someone race…

The states that are going to Red Flag Laws were going with or without this legislation.

This is why you need a strong 2nd amendment like clause in your state constitutions.

"Amendment 5 was on the August 5, 2014, primary election ballot in Missouri as a legislatively referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved.

The measure established the unalienable right of citizens to keep and bear arms, ammunition and accessories associated with the normal functioning of such arms, for the purpose of defense of one’s person, family, home and property. Additionally, it removed the exception to the former constitutional right to bear arms that explicitly stated it could not be used to justify the wearing of concealed weapons.[1] The amendment allowed the state to limit the possession of arms by convicted felons and those adjudged as mentally ill. Previously, citizens had the right to bear arms in defense of home, person and property, but the right was not considered “unalienable.”

The terms "unalienable" and "strict scrutiny" in the proposed constitutional changes were both important changes from the point of view of the courts and provided the highest level of legal protection for gun rights in court cases. Inalienable rights are not transferable and impossible to take away.[2] Strict scrutiny is a form of judicial review regarding the constitutionality of a law. In order for a law to pass strict scrutiny, it must be passed to further a compelling governmental interest and be narrowly tailored to achieve that goal. This level of scrutiny must be applied to any laws regarding gun rights or control in the state going forward following Amendment 5's approval.[3]"

There will be no state level Red Flag Laws here.

Forum List

Back