What Is Wrong With Homosexuality?

Coloradomtnman

Rational and proud of it.
Oct 1, 2008
Denver
Notice this isn't in the Religion and Ethics forum. The reason is because I started a poll about religion and same-sex marriage and found that many non-religious people are against same-sex marriage. I was surprised to see this and curious as to why. But that's a different thread, I think. Amanda inspired me with her non-religious reasons why she disapproves or disagrees with the homosexual lifestyle to start a thread about why people who disapprove of homosexuality for reasons other than religion, disapprove of it, and why.

If all you have to contribute on this thread is religious reasons for what is wrong with homosexuality, then don't post anything please.

For me, if one's reasons aren't religious, then what do people think is wrong with homosexuality?

Many by the theist lie that it's unnatural

but that doesn't hold water. National geographic even pointed out that that is bullshit back in 2004. More recently, the
also addressed the matter. new Scientist noted this it's known to occur in hundreds of species. Of course, this shouldn't be surprising

------

When that fails, if they are stopped from going into a religious tirade, it comes down to this: Fear. They don't understand it, so they fear and oppose it

or

they try tyo argue that gay marriage would someone destroy their straight marriages. This is because they are closet homo-/bi-sexuals and fear that if gay marriage is recognized, they themselves will not be able to hide it anymore and will leave their spouses for their secret lover

(remove spaces)

en.wikipedia. org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_animals

.news-medical. net/?id=20718
news.nationalgeographic. com/news/2004/07/0722_040722_gayanimal.html
sciam. com/article. cfm?id=bisexual-species
newscientist. com/article/mg16321985.000-queer-creatures. html
newscientist. com/article/dn13674-evolution-myths-natural-selection-cannot-explain-homosexuality.html

Many by the theist lie that it's unnatural

but that doesn't hold water. National geographic even pointed out that that is bullshit back in 2004. More recently, the
also addressed the matter. new Scientist noted this it's known to occur in hundreds of species. Of course, this shouldn't be surprising

When that fails, if they are stopped from going into a religious tirade, it comes down to this: Fear. They don't understand it, so they fear and oppose it
or
they try tyo argue that gay marriage would someone destroy their straight marriages. This is because they are closet homo-/bi-sexuals and fear that if gay marriage is recognized, they themselves will not be able to hide it anymore and will leave their spouses for their secret lover
en.wikipedia. org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_animals

.news-medical. net/?id=20718
news.nationalgeographic. com/news/2004/07/0722_040722_gayanimal.html
sciam. com/article. cfm?id=bisexual-species
newscientist. com/article/mg16321985.000-queer-creatures. html
newscientist. com/article/dn13674-evolution-myths-natural-selection-cannot-explain-homosexuality.html

I would even go so far as to say that anything human beings do is natural otherwise it would be supernatural, right? Its logical. Even nuclear weapons, highly unstable atomic elements, toxic chemicals, and factories are natural. Bees make honey and build hives, why isn't that considered unnatural? We are a product of nature, or of natural causes (or, if one prefers, supernatural causes) and (yet) subject to the laws of nature. So anything we create is, logically, just as natural as honey or beehives. Hell, even ants have domesticated aphids.

Bees = honey
Humans = candy bars

Bees = hives
Humans = cities

Bees = wax
Humans = steel

ants = aphids
humans = farm animals

primates = tools
humans = tools

So homosexuality, logically, can't be unnatural.

whatever two consenting adults wanna do.....

-behind closed doors. The last part is important.

Then this should apply to all right?

Yeah. But I'm not sure where you're gonna take this...

If you're going to say: Well, then homosexuals shouldn't flaunt there lifestyle, then I would say: Then heterosexuals shouldn't either i.e. romance novels, movies, songs, commercials, music videos, etc. etc.

-behind closed doors. The last part is important.

If you're going to say: Well, then homosexuals shouldn't flaunt there lifestyle, then I would say: Then heterosexuals shouldn't either i.e. romance novels, movies, songs, commercials, music videos, etc. etc.

No, I was going to say what you just did .... LOL. Don't steal my thunder!

No, I was going to say what you just did .... LOL. Don't steal my thunder!

Oh, ha ha! Sorry!

So... when religion is thrown out.... noone can think of any reasonable condemnation for homosexuality? Then the matter is settled

Well, I won't go so far as to assume that yet, but I am surprised I haven't heard from anyone who doesn't approve of or agree with the homosexual lifestyle. Usually a thread like this will stir up the hive...

reasonable condemnation =

Reasonable: founded in or based upon reason

condemnation: I think you know what it means

nice try, but you just look like a bigger fool

My guess is the real "wrong" is that it makes people uncomfortable. People that are unsure of their own sexuality, perhaps, or people that just fear any change in the status quo. People like to cling to traditions as it helps them feel they have some control over their lives.

My guess is the real "wrong" is that it makes people uncomfortable. People that are unsure of their own sexuality, perhaps, or people that just fear any change in the status quo. People like to cling to traditions as it helps them feel they have some control over their lives.

That makes sense, but I would imagine that there are a number of contributing factors, and not just one reason, to a person's opinion of another person, especially if that opinion is negative about someone's lifestyle whom they've never met.

So... when religion is thrown out.... noone can think of any reasonable condemnation for homosexuality? Then the matter is settled

what the fuck is a "reasonable condemnation"?

one with which you agree?

then teh matter is settled.

C'mon Del, that's just criticism of another post and not a contribution.

Can you reply to the OP?

Forum List

Back