What is the solution?

On gun violence? I'm serious.

What do we do?

Nobody wants to surrender any of their rights or weapons, and a good deal of people want to confiscate those rights and weapons altogether. I see both positions as extreme and untenable. Before you start screaming Molon Labe or Don't Tread on Me or LET'S BAN ALL THE GUNS!!!!1!!11!!!, finish reading the rest of the this post.

Moving on.

Do we enforce the gun laws we already have? How many are there? How many have been passed that aren't being enforced?

On the other hand, what can be done to stop gun violence without infringing on anyone's rights?

I am getting disillusioned by this. Nobody seemingly wants to do anything constructive except hunker down in their trench and maintain their rigid stance. The middle ground is lava.

I want a solution and I want to breach this impasse we are at. Will anyone take on the challenge?

We live with it but insist on more policing and security in public places.

67 percent of Americans support an assault weapon ban
Among Republicans, 46 percent support, 46 percent oppose

A stunning number lands in the middle of the gun debate - CNNPolitics

Among Republican women -- one of the key swing voting blocs heading into 2020, a majority (54%) support an assault weapons ban, while just 36% oppose it. And even a majority of people in gun-owning households (53%) support an assault weapons ban.

I support It too. But I also support you getting your head out of your ass.

What do we do?

Nobody wants to surrender any of their rights or weapons, and a good deal of people want to confiscate those rights and weapons altogether. I see both positions as extreme and untenable. Before you start screaming Molon Labe or Don't Tread on Me or LET'S BAN ALL THE GUNS!!!!1!!11!!!, finish reading the rest of the this post.

Moving on.

Do we enforce the gun laws we already have? How many are there? How many have been passed that aren't being enforced?

On the other hand, what can be done to stop gun violence without infringing on anyone's rights?

I am getting disillusioned by this. Nobody seemingly wants to do anything constructive except hunker down in their trench and maintain their rigid stance. The middle ground is lava.

I want a solution and I want to breach this impasse we are at. Will anyone take on the challenge?

Live with it?

Seriously? We don't want our public places looking like we are under martial law do we?

Last edited:

What do we do?

Moving on.

What do we do?

Moving on.

Live with it?

Seriously? We don't want our public places looking like we are under martial law do we?

We have 330mil people the number of these deaths while highly publicized and tragic as a % are relatively minor based on the population. I agree on more security in public places but other than that we just live with it.

I wasn't expecting such a tepid response to this thread.

I guess Azog is right. Since nobody wants to do anything about it, we just live with it. As unpalatable as that may sound.

Forum List

Back