What is the scope of your religious freedom as a business?

When a person starts a business, does he give up his Constitutional right to "freely exercise" his religion?
Is that Constitutional right, superseded by Federal laws demanding that he treat homosexuals against his religion?

Its not the same concept no matter how hard you try to make it so. If you are that into your religion open your business in church.

I'm not, what I am into is protecting the rights of people that are.
You arent doing anything but running your mouth. In the meantime bigots will be penalized.

Then you should be penalized for your obvious anti-religious bias.

Would you support the right of a gay baker to refuse to bake a cake for a christian wedding?

Go ahead and penalize me. I dont really care.

If the gay baker has a business no I wouldnt support him not baking a cake for a christian wedding stupid.

Bullshit.
I must have made you emotional again. Is that the only thing you can say?

The problem contained in your question is that religions aren't 'official' or based on specific identiable sets of beliefs.

Your religion, essentially, is whatever you want to call your religion.
Not entirely. Usually there has to be some consistent tenets etc.

and the oh so holy people can't pick and choose the tenets they follow right?

Surely if baking a cake for a gay person is a sin then baking one for an adulterer is a sin, a thief? a murderer?

Seems to me with all the sinners that baker sells to his soul is already damned to hell so why not make a little money on a gay wedding cake

I believe a person is free to decide what is morally acceptable to them.

The law does not regulate beliefs. It regulates actions.

The Constitution protects religious freedom, does it not?
Show me where it says in the bible that doing business with a gay person is a sin.

I get you think the gay sex act is a sin but how is baking a cake for a gay person a sin?

And if you're not committing the sin does the bible tell you that you have to stop other people from committing the sin and if so is it only the gay sin you have to stop or is it all sin?

When a person starts a business, does he give up his Constitutional right to "freely exercise" his religion?
Is that Constitutional right, superseded by Federal laws demanding that he treat homosexuals against his religion?
Starting a business has nothing to do with that person exercising their rights to practice their religion. They dont however, get to extend those beliefs to anyone but themselves.

"What is the scope of your religious freedom as a business?"

Religious freedom? Are you speaking of one's rights to freely exercise their religion?

Because those are limited only by the responsibilities that sustain those rights.

Just like every other right... .

Surely if baking a cake for a gay person is a sin then baking one for an adulterer is a sin, a thief? a murderer?

Seems to me with all the sinners that baker sells to his soul is already damned to hell so why not make a little money on a gay wedding cake

Show me where it says in the bible that doing business with a gay person is a sin.

I get you think the gay sex act is a sin but how is baking a cake for a gay person a sin?

And if you're not committing the sin does the bible tell you that you have to stop other people from committing the sin and if so is it only the gay sin you have to stop or is it all sin?
Now youre going to make his head explode.

So Red states are clamoring to pass laws allowing business to refuse to serve those who their religious beliefs say are sinners

- Can a doctor cite his religious objection to adultery and refuse to deliver a baby to a woman who is not married?

- Can businesses in a community refuse to serve a couple who are unmarried and live together?

- Can a business refuse to serve at a wedding among atheists?

Your new avatar is Eddie Haskell? :)

You have a problem with Eddie?

I think he is appropriate for this board

Last edited:

Of course sexual deviancy is a sin. All self destructive behavior is a sin.

The issue here is not the sin, but the injury to cultural viability by normalizing destructive reasoning (Mental Disorder) and the destructive behavior which comes as a consequence of such.

So Red states are clamoring to pass laws allowing business to refuse to serve those who their religious beliefs say are sinners

- Can a doctor cite his religious objection to adultery and refuse to deliver a baby to a woman who is not married?

- Can businesses in a community refuse to serve a couple who are unmarried and live together?

- Can a business refuse to serve at a wedding among atheists?

Your new avatar is Eddie Haskell? :)

You have a problem with Eddie?

He was the sleaziest slime ball on TV in the 60s

The issue here is not the sin, but the injury to cultural viability by normalizing destructive reasoning (Mental Disorder) and the destructive behavior which comes as a consequence of such.
You do know that there have always been gay people in society (ALL societies) don't you?
And those societies that have fallen were not brought down by a homosexuality.

In fact homosexuality has a longer history than Christianity.

You do know that there have always been gay people in society (ALL societies) don't you?

There's always been hemorrhoids, doesn't mean they should be encouraged.

Homosexuality is a symptom of mental disorder, which presents through sexual abnormality... cultures were destroyed by embracing that disordered reasoning... resulting in all of those things which the Bible tells you NOT TO EMBRACE.

Twisted, huh?

So does the clap... and it's cause. Doesn't make it a good idea and as history have proven, it's the fast track to cultural inviability; OKA FAILURE.

And just for the record: I'm against it. Should we count you as for it, Skull?

Does he give up his right to associate with whom he chooses?

The Greeks were rampant homosexuals and not because all of them were born that way. Some practiced it as a choice. However, Western ideology is based on many of their ideas....or so they claim.

The Greek society failed. When it collapsed largely due to rampant corruption that made it unable to defend itself, the acceptance of homosexuality was not passed on as a positive attribute.

Homosexuality follows a very specific cultural path. Rejection followed by tolerance followed by acceptance followed by the end of the host. Homosexuals are then slaughtered. They again start in the replacement culture at rejection.

The Greek society failed. When it collapsed largely due to rampant corruption that made it unable to defend itself, the acceptance of homosexuality was not passed on as a positive attribute.

Homosexuality follows a very specific cultural path. Rejection followed by tolerance followed by acceptance followed by the end of the host. Homosexuals are then slaughtered. They again start in the replacement culture at rejection.
It didnt fail because they practiced homosexuality. Homosexuality was most definitely looked at as a positive thing. Matter of fact it was a chore to have sex with women and only done to reproduce.

Homosexuality is a symptom of mental disorder, which presents through sexual abnormality... cultures were destroyed by embracing that disordered reasoning... resulting in all of those things which the Bible tells you NOT TO EMBRACE.

Twisted, huh?

So does the clap... and it's cause. Doesn't make it a good idea and as history have proven, it's the fast track to cultural inviability; OKA FAILURE.

I don't care what consenting adults do why do you?

And there is no evidence that homosexuality has made any society fall.

You can quote the bible all you want but it means nothing to me and I'm sure you do not live your life 100% by what the bible says you just want to pick and choose to validate your prejudices.

Last edited:

Twisted, huh?

I don't care what consenting adults do why do you?

I don't... until they what they do starts affecting my means to exercise my rights. Then I care... a lot.

And there is no evidence that homosexuality has made any society fall.

Actually, there's no end to the evidence that mental disorder is injurious to the viability of who or, by extension, what it infects. There's literally only one possible way it could not and that is where death strips it of all potential options.

You can quote the bible all you want but it means nothing to me and I'm sure you do not live your life 100% by what the bible says you just want to pick and choose to validate your prejudices.

I didn't quote the bible, I merely referenced the Bible by pointing out, that it says that God says that we are forbidden from doing the stuff that is destructive to us. And you're right, I do not live a perfect life. But I don't rationalize that the destructive stuff I do is a good idea that should be accepted by everyone, OR ELSE!

See the difference?

It amuses me at the level of pettyness being exhibited by the right against gay marriage

It seems the bible only has restrictions against gays

Marriages among divorced people, atheists, mixed faith marriages, pregnant brides, adulterers......make em a cake

A marriage between two gays who love each other?
"What about my Christian values?"

Forum List

Back