What is the republican health care plan?

In 10 years, after you retire and you can no longer afford health care, remember the sone walling and the "Waterloo" statement. The party of NO is still the party of NO.

The GOP is not interested in drafting a better health care reform plan. They are only interested in slamming Obama. They are putting the Party above the Country. EXCELLENT!

after you retire and something major happens to you Jim....is the national plan going to help if you need daily care?....

In 10 years, after you retire and you can no longer afford health care, remember the sone walling and the "Waterloo" statement. The party of NO is still the party of NO.

The GOP is not interested in drafting a better health care reform plan. They are only interested in slamming Obama. They are putting the Party above the Country. EXCELLENT!

Are you are actually suggesting that the Obama-Congress Plans would be an advantage to the elderly?

Time for a tutorial:

It’s been a tough week for our left wing friends, so let’s give them a chance to use the ‘I don’t see the connection’ gambit. Let’s let ‘em say they can’t connect the dots.

a)Democrat Tom Daschle, original nominee to head the Health and Human Services Department, and says health-care reform “will not be pain free.” Seniors should be more accepting of the conditions that come with age instead of treating them.
Ruin Your Health With the Obama Stimulus Plan: Betsy McCaughey - Bloomberg.com

b) Democrat Governor Dick Lamb once created a firestorm in Colorado (a few years after leaving the Governor’s office) when he said: “the elderly have a duty to die.”

c) A key administration figure committed to cost cutting is Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, a health policy advisor in the Office of Management and Budget and brother of Rahm Emanuel, the president's chief of staff wants doctors to look beyond the needs of their own patient and consider social justice. They should think about whether the money being spent on their patient could be better spent elsewhere.
Defend Your Health Care

d.) One troubling provision of the House bill compels seniors to submit to a counseling session every five years (and more often if they become sick or go into a nursing home) about alternatives for end-of-life care (House bill, p. 425-430). The sessions cover highly sensitive matters such as whether to receive antibiotics and "the use of artificially administered nutrition and hydration."

e).Dr. David Blumenthal, a Harvard professor and key health advisor to President Obama, conceded that "government controls on health care spending are associated with longer waits for elective procedures and reduced availability of new and expensive treatments and devices." Could this mean angioplasty, bypass surgery, hip replacement, and knee replacement? Who could this be aimed at? How about ‘longer waits’ for cancer patients? Mammograms and MRI’s? Defend Your Health Care

f.) The RAND Corporation, a nonpartisan research organization, reported that Canada posts lower rates of cardiac procedures than the U.S. almost entirely by restricting their use for patients age 65 and older -- the time of life you're likely to need it. Defend Your Health Care

g.) Slipped into the emergency stimulus legislation was substantial funding for a Federal Council on Comparative Effectiveness Research, comparative effectiveness research is generally code for limiting care based on the patient's age.” The CER would identify (this is language from the draft report on the legislation) medical "items, procedures, and interventions" that it deems insufficiently effective or excessively expensive. They "will no longer be prescribed" by federal health programs.” Are you thinking ‘seniors’? George F. Will - How the GOP Should Measure the Stimulus - washingtonpost.com

Are you are actually suggesting that the Obama-Congress Plans would be an advantage to the elderly?

Time for a tutorial:

It’s been a tough week for our left wing friends, so let’s give them a chance to use the ‘I don’t see the connection’ gambit. Let’s let ‘em say they can’t connect the dots.

a)Democrat Tom Daschle, original nominee to head the Health and Human Services Department, and says health-care reform “will not be pain free.” Seniors should be more accepting of the conditions that come with age instead of treating them.

b) Democrat Governor Dick Lamb once created a firestorm in Colorado (a few years after leaving the Governor’s office) when he said: “the elderly have a duty to die.”

c) A key administration figure committed to cost cutting is Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, a health policy advisor in the Office of Management and Budget and brother of Rahm Emanuel, the president's chief of staff wants doctors to look beyond the needs of their own patient and consider social justice. They should think about whether the money being spent on their patient could be better spent elsewhere.
Defend Your Health Care

d.) One troubling provision of the House bill compels seniors to submit to a counseling session every five years (and more often if they become sick or go into a nursing home) about alternatives for end-of-life care (House bill, p. 425-430). The sessions cover highly sensitive matters such as whether to receive antibiotics and "the use of artificially administered nutrition and hydration."

e).Dr. David Blumenthal, a Harvard professor and key health advisor to President Obama, conceded that "government controls on health care spending are associated with longer waits for elective procedures and reduced availability of new and expensive treatments and devices." Could this mean angioplasty, bypass surgery, hip replacement, and knee replacement? Who could this be aimed at? How about ‘longer waits’ for cancer patients? Mammograms and MRI’s? Defend Your Health Care

f.) The RAND Corporation, a nonpartisan research organization, reported that Canada posts lower rates of cardiac procedures than the U.S. almost entirely by restricting their use for patients age 65 and older -- the time of life you're likely to need it. Defend Your Health Care

g.) Slipped into the emergency stimulus legislation was substantial funding for a Federal Council on Comparative Effectiveness Research, comparative effectiveness research is generally code for limiting care based on the patient's age.” The CER would identify (this is language from the draft report on the legislation) medical "items, procedures, and interventions" that it deems insufficiently effective or excessively expensive. They "will no longer be prescribed" by federal health programs.” Are you thinking ‘seniors’? George F. Will - How the GOP Should Measure the Stimulus - washingtonpost.com

in other words work all your life pay taxes,play by the rules.....and after you retire if something happens to you ...ITS TOUGH FUCKING SHIT....but yet this president had said three times that i heard,if your retired and you make less than 50 thou a year you wont be paying taxes in MY admins...which would help a lot of retirees.......they wont at least help the oldsters out for right now with the meds they need....AND no body wants to let some of the really seriously ill oldsters who have a terminal disease that is going to kill them within a year,and whose quality of life sucks go the EUTHANESIA route...that is absolutely out of the question...just let them keep suffering Physically,Mentally and Financially.....

iphoto_1247172608573-1-0jpg.jpg

Sometimes in life there are rare moments like the one I had when I read all the hatred against me in this thread. It really doesn't get much better than this, so feeling relaxed, I have decided to share.

My father is a retired Vice-President of United Air Lines. I had the best of everything. Out of the cold to Hawaii every Christmas. College of my choice paid in full. A bunch of us had a small ranch off-campus. All of this paid for by airline tickets purchased to send U. S. troops to Viet Nam. But, that was just business, right? UAL has it's most profitable years ever during Viet Nam. Great for someone's balance sheet! I enjoyed my Pontiac Judge in college. Dad made sure the Viet Nam War was never mine. What was that Republican Congressman's name over in Glen Ellyn, Illinois? Oh boy, you know the one who bought up all the land before they built the Eisenhower Expressway.

I saw every dirty deal UAL made at the dinner table at night or hearing my dad on the phone. I watched the big shots treat anyone under vice-president like toilet paper. I learned from a college professor "That no one has ever lost a dime underestimating the intelligence of the American people." That's why I enjoy watching Republicans in USMB, they defend to the death a system that is screwing the hell out of them. Aw, come on, now that is funny! Life was a cake walk for me. Pick a corporation after college, and enjoy the good life. Then I learned something profound, "People are more important than money." It could not be true. Dad had said people were poor because they were lazy. We have a family crest from England that proves we have been better than everyone else for 400 years. How could I have missed this, could people really matter? I thought only the "right people" mattered.

While my dad, enjoyed using money to push little people around, I took another approach. I decided I would use my education, and the ruthless tactics of my family to piss Republicans off. You know, like all the "wannabes" in this thread, who hope their ass-kissing will move them up the ladder? The more I piss off Republicans, the better I feel. It is kind of like a personal settlement with myself for my past materialistic sins. I have over 100 notices of posts backed up in my email from the site! I'd say I am doing well. Today, I live in a 1600 foot house in Albuquerque in an integrated neighborhood. I have been with Laura 24 years. And, I actually wash dishes myself without a dishwasher.

The Democratic Party? They totally disavow me and my actions. I hear there is a little bar over near the Capitol Building where some staffers are getting a real kick out of USMB these days. Can you blame them? They work hard everyday to knock down people like these posters. I guess it is a pleasure for them to sip a cold one and watch someone else do it.

Last edited:

Sometimes in life there are rare moments like the one I had when I read all the hatred against me in this thread. It really doesn't get much better than this, so feeling relaxed, I have decided to share.

My father is a retired Vice-President of United Air Lines. I had the best of everything. Out of the cold to Hawaii every Christmas. College of my choice paid in full. A bunch of us had a small ranch off-campus. All of this paid for by airline tickets purchased to send U. S. troops to Viet Nam. But, that was just business, right? UAL has it's most profitable years ever during Viet Nam. Great for someone's balance sheet! I enjoyed my Pontiac Judge in college. Dad made sure the Viet Nam War was never mine. What was that Republican Congressman's name over in Glen Ellyn, Illinois? Oh boy, you know the one who bought up all the land before they built the Eisenhower Expressway.

I saw every dirty deal UAL made at the dinner table at night or hearing my dad on the phone. I watched the big shots treat anyone under vice-president like toilet paper. I learned from a college professor "That no one has ever lost a dime underestimating the intelligence of the American people." That's why I enjoy watching Republicans in USMB, they defend to the death a system that is screwing the hell out of them. Aw, come on, now that is funny! Life was a cake walk for me. Pick a corporation after college, and enjoy the good life. Then I learned something profound, "People are more important than money." It could not be true. Dad had said people were poor because they were lazy. We have a family crest from England that proves we have been better than everyone else for 400 years. How could I have missed this, could people really matter? I thought only the "right people" mattered.

While my dad, enjoyed using money to push little people around, I took another approach. I decided I would use my education, and the ruthless tactics of my family to piss Republicans off. You know, like all the "wannabes" in this thread, who hope their ass-kissing will move them up the laddar? The more I piss off Republicans, the better I am doing. I have over 100 notices of posts backed up in my email from the site! I'd say I am doing well. Today, I live in a 1600 foot house in Albuquerque in an integrated neighborhood. I have been with Laura 24 years. And, I actually wash dishes myself!

The Democratic Party? They totally disavow me and my actions. I hear there is a little bar over near the Capitol Building where staffers are getting a real kick out of USMB. Can you blame them? They work hard everyday to knock down people like these posters, the same way I do. I guess it is a pleasure for them to sip a cold one and watch someone else do it.
if capitol hill staffers are wasting their time reading here, then they should be FIRED

Time for a tutorial:

Defend Your Health Care

in other words work all your life pay taxes,play by the rules.....and after you retire if something happens to you ...ITS TOUGH FUCKING SHIT....but yet this president had said three times that i heard,if your retired and you make less than 50 thou a year you wont be paying taxes in MY admins...which would help a lot of retirees.......they wont at least help the oldsters out for right now with the meds they need....AND no body wants to let some of the really seriously ill oldsters who have a terminal disease that is going to kill them within a year,and whose quality of life sucks go the EUTHANESIA route...that is absolutely out of the question...just let them keep suffering Physically,Mentally and Financially.....

Ummm... .taxes are supposed to be paid for the operation of government... not for you to get 'payback' later... and hmmm.. maybe if govt were not so insanely large, handing out entitlements to every lazy fuck they can, and funding things like pig fart research, you would be able to SAVE MORE YOURSELF for your retirement

Ummm... .taxes are supposed to be paid for the operation of government... not for you to get 'payback' later... and hmmm.. maybe if govt were not so insanely large, handing out entitlements to every lazy fuck they can, and funding things like pig fart research, you would be able to SAVE MORE YOURSELF for your retirement

my old man was no lazy fuck Dave.....worked his ass off to get anything he got....go to a home sometime and see how the old people in this country are treated by our govts. ins.....when they need that ins the most is when they say FUCK YOU....no one is asking for a "payback"....they are asking for some breaks.....something that Medicare will not give anyone....my old man fought in WW2 and when we inquired to the VA if there was any thing they might be able to help him with they sent us a letter back saying when he dies let us know we will send you 250.00 bucks to help with the expences....Govt Ins. not only sucks it is just as heartless as any private carrior out there....yet so many people posting here think they are getting something better....the only thing they are getting is the Status Quo....

While my dad, enjoyed using money to push little people around, I took another approach. I decided I would use my education, and the ruthless tactics of my family to piss Republicans off. You know, like all the "wannabes" in this thread, who hope their ass-kissing will move them up the ladder? The more I piss off Republicans, the better I feel. It is kind of like a personal settlement with myself for my past materialistic sins. I have over 100 notices of posts backed up in my email from the site! I'd say I am doing well. Today, I live in a 1600 foot house in Albuquerque in an integrated neighborhood. I have been with Laura 24 years. And, I actually wash dishes myself without a dishwasher.

The Democratic Party? They totally disavow me and my actions. I hear there is a little bar over near the Capitol Building where some staffers are getting a real kick out of USMB these days. Can you blame them? They work hard everyday to knock down people like these posters. I guess it is a pleasure for them to sip a cold one and watch someone else do it.

I think I just saw you arrested on cops.

I read you link. Somehow I was not surprised when the fifth word in the first sentence was "taxes." I notice money seems to be a theme in many of your posts.

What I would like to do is lock you in a nursing home for a month. Let you experience the terror in the faces of those who are about to die. Then I'd like to take you to some of the 46,000,000 who have no health coverage, and show you how some those people are dying. Your greed will turn to stark fear. You won't give a damn how much it costs. Get off your ass, Pencilneck, crunch some numbers and make ObamaCare a happen.

Okay, I am not quite following you here. Are you saying that the people in these nursing homes are being abused?

If so, then where are the relatives and why didn't you turn these facilities into the authorities when you witnessed this?

Because if your making some lame comment about people experiencing terror when they are about to die then I have to ask you this.

How the HELL is government supposed to keep you from feeling terror when your about to die? Every single person and every single mammal on the planet experiences fear and terror when they are about to die.

Last edited:
Derek you usually manage to wax frightfully rediculous at times but this was above and beyond the call of duty. You manage to string together shit loads of strawmen non sequitors half truths and whole lies as if some where they were holding a fire sale on them.

I cannot BELIEVE that not one of you seemed to get how terribly clever my graphic response to this question was.

Does nobody on this board recognize that image I posted?

Seriously?

Obviously youse guys slept through those art appreciation classes.

The Republican healthcare plan is pray to Jesus and for some luck.

No, it's more along the lines of:

Are there no charnel houses?

No Picasso fans here, I guess.

But you all got the bandaid graphic, right?

sigh!

The Republican healthcare plan is pray to Jesus and for some luck.

Because it's a lot easier to just make some flip, dismissive comment than to actually go find the REAL answer, even though it's already been handed to you on a platter right here.

I get so tired of people who want to ask a question, not to get an answer, but to let the question BE the answer. It's a waste of breath and of the effort to read it.

I read you link. Somehow I was not surprised when the fifth word in the first sentence was "taxes." I notice money seems to be a theme in many of your posts.

What I would like to do is lock you in a nursing home for a month. Let you experience the terror in the faces of those who are about to die. Then I'd like to take you to some of the 46,000,000 who have no health coverage, and show you how some those people are dying. Your greed will turn to stark fear. You won't give a damn how much it costs. Get off your ass, Pencilneck, crunch some numbers and make ObamaCare a happen.

Okay, I am not quite following you here. Are you saying that the people in these nursing homes are being abused?

If so, then where are the relatives and why didn't you turn these facilities into the authorities when you witnessed this?

Because if your making some lame comment about people experiencing terror when they are about to die then I have to ask you this.

How the HELL is government supposed to keep you from feeling terror when your about to die? Every single person and every single mammal on the planet experiences fear and terror when they are about to die.

Wise up or shut up.

Forum List

Back