What is the Party of No Ideas (the Dims) proposing we should cut $$$

The liberal Democratics love to pretend that the GOP is the Party of No.

But the GOP has come up with a proposal to cut 2.5 TRILLION dollars of spending. If we accept the rough figure that we are slightly over 14 TRILLION dollars in debt, then 2.5 TRILLION in cuts is pretty substantial (even spread out over 10 years). http://rsc.jordan.house.gov/UploadedFiles/Spending_Reduction_Act--TWOPAGER.pdf

We can argue about the wisdom of WHICH programs, etc., would be cut. There will be claims that the GOP is seeking to kill off the poor and the aged. "Those heartless GOP bastards." Standard liberal Democrat Parody propaganda. (Of course, they will have to find a way to make those irresponsible claims in a civil fashion, now.) .....
United States National Debt: An Analysis of the Presidents Who Are Responsible for the Borrowing

If you look at the 60+ year record of debt since the end of WWII, starting with Truman’s term, the difference between the two parties’ contributions to our national debt level change considerably. Since 1946, Democratic presidents increased the national debt an average of only 3.2% per year.

The Republican presidents stay at an average increase of 9.2% per year. Republican Presidents out borrowed and spent Democratic presidents by a three to one ratio. Putting that in very real terms; for every dollar a Democratic president has raised the national debt in the past 63 years Republican presidents have raised the debt by $2.84

United Stated National Debt
What is the Party of No Ideas (the Dims) proposing we should cut $$$

Behind all his pretentious rhetoric, the only real criticism that "Liability" can direct at the Obama Administration is that they're behaving like a bunch of Republicans!

Behind your vapid, insipid, uninspired post, jgarden, you can't hide the fact that you are dishonest.

My criticism is directed not just at the Obama Administration. My OP asks liberal Democratics to step up to the plate and tell us what THEY would propose is properly subject to the prospect of cutting. I have not absolved Republicans from their fair share of responsibility. Nor do I see why that would be a helpful bit of rhetoric. Fuck them. They have been quite guilty too.

That's not the point. Given the Tea Party and the emergence of some semblance of common sense from the American Electorate, it now begins to look like the PEOPLE are demanding that our Legislative and Executive Branches get their collective SHIT TOGETHER and start dealing with the debt and deficit CRISIS.

So morons like you can go on pointing your fingers. ("GOP BAD!") Have a blast. But your cheap ass rhetoric is no more helpful than guys on the right pointing to the liberal Democratics and pretending that they alone are to blame. To that limited extent, you jack-wad, I actually agree with you. It is not the fault exclusively of the liberal Democrats. Republicans have been complicit for far too long. There. Shared blame.

And?

Now that we can all shoulder some blame and accept some responsibility for the fucking mess, genius, the REAL QUESTION can be asked clearly and without a lot of extraneous clutter. What do we propose NOW, at last, to fucking DO about it?

How about 25 % cut to homeland security?
Can we start there?

I'm plenty willing to add the Department of Homeland Security to the LIST of programs, agencies, Departments, etc., that go under the microscope.

But until we DO get it under the microscope, I don't know about the 25% figure. It could be too much and thus dangerous. Maybe. OR, alternatively, it could be needlessly and wastefully generous to the DoHS to keep it funded at even that high a level. Maybe a 50% cut will prove more appropriate? More? Less? Let's find out!

Forum List

Back