What is the Party of No Ideas (the Dims) proposing we should cut $$$

Liability

Locked Account.
Jun 28, 2009
Mansion in Ravi's Head
The liberal Democratics love to pretend that the GOP is the Party of No.

But the GOP has come up with a proposal to cut 2.5 TRILLION dollars of spending. If we accept the rough figure that we are slightly over 14 TRILLION dollars in debt, then 2.5 TRILLION in cuts is pretty substantial (even spread out over 10 years). http://rsc.jordan.house.gov/UploadedFiles/Spending_Reduction_Act--TWOPAGER.pdf

We can argue about the wisdom of WHICH programs, etc., would be cut. There will be claims that the GOP is seeking to kill off the poor and the aged. "Those heartless GOP bastards." Standard liberal Democrat Parody propaganda. (Of course, they will have to find a way to make those irresponsible claims in a civil fashion, now.)

Whatever.

Here's the question:

What budgetary items are the liberal Democratics telling us they would cut?

Are there some budget lines, items etc. upon which the GOP and the liberal Democratics already agree? (If so, let's get to it. Start trimming.) I'm sure there are items and lines, etc., upon which they will absolutely DISAGREE. Fair enough. That's what debates are for.

So, now, I want to hear from liberal Democratics. How much cutting are YOU guys proposing? In what specific areas? What lines of the budget? What programs?

In short, stop pointing your stubby little fingers at the GOP. Step up to the plate or to the mic. Take your hacks.

What kind of budget proposals are YOU guys coming up with to address the dire problems associated with our massive debt problem?

(Later, I'd also like to hear how the various states are going to deal with the retirement program shortfalls? Any proposals on that. Not that it matters all that much. But I believe the numbers in THAT realm make the Federal figures pale in comparison.... So, somebody sooner or later is going to have to admit the problem and we are all going to have to confront it. That should be a pretty harmonious, civil discussion. I'm sure.)

We have been down this road of cutting proposed increases in future spending several times and we are still 14T in debt.
Wake up and quit being a partisan stooge.

We have been down this road of cutting proposed increases in future spending several times and we are still 14T in debt.
Wake up and quit being a partisan stooge.

The partisan stooge is you. And your post is proof.

You may not LIKE the proposals, and you might have other quibbles, but you cannot deny that the GOP has placed on the table a substantive proposal FOR cutting 2.5 Trillion in 10 years.

And the question is what liberal Democratics propose.

Naturally, YOU dodged, ducked, bobbed, weaved, deflected and evaded. We all see through that shit, lad.

You are not alone. In fact, your response makes you just another typical spineless hypocritical partisan hack lib.

Last edited:
Are you kidding me? Democrats to stop spending money? Why, you must be on drugs. As long as there is ink in the Treasury Department to print more money, the Democrats will be spending the hell out of it. Spend more. Don't cut anything. The poor, the disadvantaged, the illegal aliens, and those that don't know any better who will believe the Democratic line of horseshit need to be fed dollars we don't have.

Are you kidding me? Democrats to stop spending money? Why, you must be on drugs. As long as there is ink in the Treasury Department to print more money, the Democrats will be spending the hell out of it. Spend more. Don't cut anything. The poor, the disadvantaged, the illegal aliens, and those that don't know any better who will believe the Democratic line of horseshit need to be fed dollars we don't have.

That has been the way of the dems, so why expect any difference? However the problem is the Republicans have become just as bad over the last couple of decades.
They used to keep each other balanced out a bit.

The military....Period.

Granted that there are gobs of waste in procurement, unworkable weapons systems and massive over-deployment of troops, they can't ever seem to be pinned down on the nitty-gritty details of just what they'd cut.

But don't you dare eliminate the CPB or NEA. :rolleyes:

I think you might be on to something.

We are in horrible financial shape. We are debt-ridden and in deep doo doo. And the liberal Democrat answer? Borrow more and spend more. (And, of course, on the "principle" that what WE earn isn't really ours, they also favor "tax" more.)

So, they aren't serious about attending to the fact that the debt problem is unsustainable and that we are fiscally killing ourselves if we don't get it remedied.

But it would be kind of nice to see them STOP pointing their fucking fingers for a while and have them start ACTING a little bit like adults.

Pssst. Dims. We have an actual problem. Ignoring it will not make it "go away." Spending more is the problem, not a solution. We have to attend to the DEBT problem and we cannot do that while spending more than we take in at such a frenetic pace. And, sad to tell you, we also cannot TAX our way out of this problem. Taxation has consequences -- and an ebbing tide sinks all boats....

Ergo, what we'd like from you folks is a demonstration of actual responsibility. So, let's try this again:

WHAT are your proposals for spending cuts that will actually be deep enough to make a difference?

The problem is that in order to keep Obama's promise of cutting the deficit in half, the liberals went on a three trillion dollar spending spree to inflate the numbers needed to cut.

They are going to be hard pressed to keep that promise.

Obama promises to cut the deficit in half in four years
PolitiFact | Obama promises to cut the deficit in half in four years

The amount that they inflated spending in education is a good example of the way the bloated the budget in order to "cut" it.

So, so far, by implication, the only liberal idea of a first spending cut is to unilaterally withdraw entirely from Iraq.

I'm not entirely SURE, but I suspect that will not suffice even if it were otherwise a good idea.

Oddball predicts that the ONLY spending cuts the liberal Democratics will point to as viable ones will be "the" military.

Hm.

Is that it?

Is THAT the liberal Democrat proposal for dealing with the problem?

GOP (like it or not) has offered a concrete set of proposals that amount to 2.5 trillion dollars over 10 years. It's on the table for debate.

Liberal Democratics = "cut" the military in Iraq. Nothing actually on the table yet, even in light of usciti's proposal.

Really?

This is it?

Money just plain lost in Iraq:

Lost & Unaccounted for in Iraq - $9 billion of US taxpayers' money and $549.7 milion in spare parts shipped in 2004 to US contractors. Also, per ABC News, 190,000 guns, including 110,000 AK-47 rifles.

Missing - $1 billion in tractor trailers, tank recovery vehicles, machine guns, rocket-propelled grenades and other equipment and services provided to the Iraqi security forces. (Per CBS News on Dec 6, 2007.)

Mismanaged & Wasted in Iraq - $10 billion, per Feb 2007 Congressional hearings

Halliburton Overcharges Classified by the Pentagon as Unreasonable and Unsupported - $1.4 billion

Iraq War Facts, Statistics at December 30, 2010 - Iraq War Casualties, Spending

And yes a liberal site, just the first hit, all can be verified elsewhere.

And 2009 avg monthly Iraq spending was 7.3 Billion.

Thae 2010 CPB budget was I believe 422 million.

The problem is that in order to keep Obama's promise of cutting the deficit in half, the liberals went on a three trillion dollar spending spree to inflate the numbers needed to cut.

The amount that they inflated spending in education is a good example of the way the bloated the budget in order to "cut" it.

Like the republicans did? The pill bill? The guy that got fired for saying it was going to cost a lot more than Bush said? And even he was low on his estimate.

Wake up people.

Lost & Unaccounted for in Iraq - $9 billion of US taxpayers' money and $549.7 milion in spare parts shipped in 2004 to US contractors. Also, per ABC News, 190,000 guns, including 110,000 AK-47 rifles.

Missing - $1 billion in tractor trailers, tank recovery vehicles, machine guns, rocket-propelled grenades and other equipment and services provided to the Iraqi security forces. (Per CBS News on Dec 6, 2007.)

Halliburton Overcharges Classified by the Pentagon as Unreasonable and Unsupported - $1.4 billion

Why, when asked for a solution, do liberals only point to perceived faults of the right?

Did you get the idea that Liability was asking for a solution, not the problem?

Answer his question.

Like the republicans did? The pill bill? The guy that got fired for saying it was going to cost a lot more than Bush said? And even he was low on his estimate.

Wake up people.

Thank you for validating my last point.

Why, when asked for a solution, do liberals only point to perceived faults of the right?

Did you get the idea that Liability was asking for a solution, not the problem?

Answer his question.

I don't know why liberals do that. Probably the same reason right wingers do it.
I point out faults of both parties.

bring down defense spending to the 2001 spending level....that should get us on the right track... ;)

So USCitizen-

I see, you sit on a soap box, often called the "fence", and criticize everyone equally while offering no solutions.

If the White House is to be believed, the troops already left Iraq, so what is your idea for moving forward from this day forward?

Last edited:

The military....Period.

Granted that there are gobs of waste in procurement, unworkable weapons systems and massive over-deployment of troops, they can't ever seem to be pinned down on the nitty-gritty details of just what they'd cut.

But don't you dare eliminate the CPB or NEA. :rolleyes:

Exactly.....the marxists would go ballistic if you interfered with their propaganda machines....union control, purposeful dumbing down, social engineering...

We could eliminate ed and save a HUGE chunk....like 150 Billion in one fell swoop...states pay for teachers anyhow...and federal loans just keep increasing school costs...

Federal education spending is a monumental waste.....vast spending....minimal results...

Federal+Education-Spending.test+results.JPG

SS, Defense, Medicaid, Medicare, other social programs, are the big ticket items that need to be significantly reduced.....like at least 20 percent to start. All of the other depts should looking at 10-15 percent cuts for starters.

Forum List

Back