What is the nature of anti-polygamy laws?

I think the mothers are brainwashed. It's pretty bizarre that their natural instincts to protect their children don't seem to kick in and prevent them from giving their daughters into sexual slavery.

Brainwashed or not, they are complicit and don't have the ability to protect their children.

Once again, just because it isn't your lifestyle doesn't mean they're brainwashed.
I don't think gays should be raising kids, because I think they "brainwash" their children. But I wouldn't try to justify a raid on a gay home and the removal of their children based just upon that.

YOU ARE SO FULL OF IT ALLIE.... i am trying to decide if your chip on your shoulder is a result of some sort of abuse you have received yourself, or if you really are NOT female in ''real'' life, or if all of this is just a joke to you?

so now you are supporting the aclu? isn't that a tad hypocritical allie?

i personally do not like the way the texas cops came upon their search warrant....no one can really ''like it'' that believes in a smaller, less obtrusive governemt regarding our civil liberties.

HOWEVER, child abuse did exist, once they were there and there is no way in hell, did they not have the justification of bringing in child services after coming across 60% of 14-17 year olds were mothers already, and NOT LEGALLY married...

a parent of a child can not give permission for their under age daughters to have sex with older men, period!!!! they can if older than 16 give permission for their child to legally marry another, if the other is not too old by law, but these men were already legally married, so they were not, and COULD NOT be giving permission to their daughters to marry.

shoot, i am close friends with a guy whose child was almost taken from them because his child had a persistant diaper rash.....that was reported by their daycare for the child....it took months of investigation by child services and if they had not had documentation that they had seen their pediatrician over and over again regarding this rash trying to get it cured, they would have lost their kid!!!!

Using your reasoning, every woman who takes her daughter to get birth control pills is complicit in child abuse, zealot. And you just proved my point that they are treating this case differently based upon nothing but the bigotry of a mob when you admit that your friend "almost" had his child taken from him. They DIDN'T MARCH IN AND TAKE THE CHILD FROM HIM then investigate, you fucking moron.

You sound like every other ignorant hysteric that has ever walked the earth. Try some breathing exercises, and work on broadening your horizons unstead of just reacting emotionally to every thing you imagine, and spazzing out all over the internet. And please stop fantasizing about my background, and my sex. It gives me the willies.

Using your reasoning, every woman who takes her daughter to get birth control pills is complicit in child abuse, zealot. And you just proved my point that they are treating this case differently based upon nothing but the bigotry of a mob when you admit that your friend "almost" had his child taken from him. They DIDN'T MARCH IN AND TAKE THE CHILD FROM HIM then investigate, you fucking moron.

You sound like every other ignorant hysteric that has ever walked the earth. Try some breathing exercises, and work on broadening your horizons unstead of just reacting emotionally to every thing you imagine, and spazzing out all over the internet. And please stop fantasizing about my background, and my sex. It gives me the willies.

noooooooooooooooooo allie, i have said this several times but for you, i will repeat it.

what is wrong here is that women are being held captive and brain washed to believe that illegal, multiple marriages are okay, that not having a birth certificate is okay, that giving their 13 year old daughters to the elders of their church who are 3 times their child's age, in some sexual consumation ceremony is okay and is not only illegal, but immoral and unethical and by any means that one can say it, is child abuse, and the sexual enslavement of women.

these men are men of authority, committing statutory rape, with the child's mother being the one who encouraged it.

Once again, just because it isn't your lifestyle doesn't mean they're brainwashed.
I don't think gays should be raising kids, because I think they "brainwash" their children. But I wouldn't try to justify a raid on a gay home and the removal of their children based just upon that.

I've never seen evidence that gays brainwash their kids into being sexual slaves. Or even into being gay, for that matter.

Oh, btw, being gay isn't illegal. Having sex with minors is.

Oh and Allie dear...I can speculate all I like regarding you being a guy...it's only my opinion which probably will change a kazillion times over the course of posting here! hahahahahaha!

....sorry about your willies though....you should really get a handle on it!

Care

I've never seen evidence that gays brainwash their kids into being sexual slaves. Or even into being gay, for that matter.

Oh, btw, being gay isn't illegal. Having sex with minors is.

Sodomy is still illegal in many places. And nobody's seen evidence that these ppl have brainwashed anyone, either. It's all conjecture. The "reason" used to crash this place and take kids was a bogus phone call. Even your friend, whose child evinced PHYSICAL EVIDENCE of possible ongoing, physical and possibly sexual, abuse, received more consideration than that.

That's what you all don't get. These are ALLEGATIONS. We don't act on allegations unless there is evidence that the children are in immediate danger. If the dads aren't there, by all accounts, THESE CHILDREN AREN'T IN DANGER. Besides which, nobody has actually accused anyone of anything.

You don't get to sweep in and look for evidence that "something" is going on. You need to have a reason to go in in the first place.

Sodomy is still illegal in many places. And nobody's seen evidence that these ppl have brainwashed anyone, either. It's all conjecture. The "reason" used to crash this place and take kids was a bogus phone call. Even your friend, whose child evinced PHYSICAL EVIDENCE of possible ongoing, physical and possibly sexual, abuse, received more consideration than that.

That's what you all don't get. These are ALLEGATIONS. We don't act on allegations unless there is evidence that the children are in immediate danger. If the dads aren't there, by all accounts, THESE CHILDREN AREN'T IN DANGER. Besides which, nobody has actually accused anyone of anything.

You don't get to sweep in and look for evidence that "something" is going on. You need to have a reason to go in in the first place.

Under aged pregnant girls seems pretty damning.

You're so certain they aren't brainwashed. Would you feel comfortable sending your daughter for a visit?

because of a ruling on a particular case out of Texas, the SC court ruled sodomy is not illegal....or that it is an invaision of the privacy of 2 consenting ADULTS...and for authorities to legislate it or somethin' like that...

care

because of a ruling on a particular case out of Texas, the SC court ruled sodomy is not illegal....or that it is an invaision of the privacy of 2 consenting ADULTS...and for authorities to legislate it or somethin' like that...

care

The case was Lawrence v. Texas. 539 U.S. 558, 156 L. Ed. 2d 508, 123 S. Ct. 2472 (2003).

Lawrence v. Texas, 539 U.S. 558 (2003),[1] was a landmark United States Supreme Court case. In the 6-3 ruling, the justices struck down the sodomy law that had criminalized homosexual sex in Texas. The court had previously addressed the same issue in 1986 in Bowers v. Hardwick, where it upheld a challenged Georgia statute, not finding a constitutional protection of sexual privacy.

Lawrence explicitly overruled Bowers, holding that it had viewed the liberty interest too narrowly. The majority held that intimate consensual sexual conduct was part of the liberty protected by substantive due process under the Fourteenth Amendment. Lawrence has the effect of invalidating similar laws throughout the United States that purport to criminalize homosexual activity between consenting adults acting in private. It may also invalidate the application of sodomy laws to heterosexual sex based solely on morality concerns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_v._Texas

Nice diversion, but it doesn't matter at any rate. You don't separate kids from their families on such flimsy evidence. If they were this vigilant across the board, it would be fine.

But they're not, which makes it obvious to any objective observer that this is a case of discrimination.

They are allegedly held captive, based upon the testimony of one disgruntled ex-member, who bailed YEARS ago.

I don't have a problem with alternative lifestyles. I don't have a problem with an investigation into the situation. I DO have a problem with strong-arming women and children who have never been charged with ANYTHING on a flimsy excuse, and separating children from their families, based on nothing but righteous indignation that girls are getting knocked up at a young age.

When I get indignant over girls getting knocked up, you can hear the jeering from this site a mile away.

The double standard floors me, though I've always known it was there. And the blatancy of the hypocrisy floors me even more.

You're retarded abortion analogy is simply so, retarded. Abortion clinics are not even remotely close to this situation. The reason for this because the guy that rapes the girl who gets an abortion, gets caught and goes to jail. For some reason, you seem to think that everyone's giving the rapist a go ahead to do it. It is also illegal to rape someone, if the guy is caught, he will be charged.... No one is turning their cheek to this abortion problem. Your Analogy is way off as usual.

NEWS FLASH ALLIE, THERE ARE MANY MANY PEOPLE (EX-MEMBERS) WHO WILL TESITIFY TO THIS.

If you're going to ignore it in the abortion clinics, you'd better ignore it everywhere.

If the men who are being charged (and nobody is being charged) and are in the home (which they weren't), you do not remove the children at gun point. You give the women the opportunity to either leave the home with the children, or convince the men to leave...the same as in any OTHER sexual abuse case, and THEN if the women will not do that, you remove the children.

Women who have boyfriends who beat and sexually abuse their children are given the opportunity to make that decision. It's disgusting that these women were not.

NO ONE IS IGNORING ABORTION CLINICS. IF THE GIRL REPORTS IT AND CAN POINT OUT THE CULPRIT< HE WILL GO DOWN FOR HIS CRIME.

Get off the abortion clinics, it's not the same thing.

I think the mothers are brainwashed. It's pretty bizarre that their natural instincts to protect their children don't seem to kick in and prevent them from giving their daughters into sexual slavery.

Brainwashed or not, they are complicit and don't have the ability to protect their children.

Exactly, the reason that the children were taken was because the mothers don't know any better, not because they are malicious. They've been brainwashed since birth and don't know any better. They are victims in this as well.

The girls at the compound DIDN'T REPORT ANYTHING.

Get it yet? So why can you abduct them because you "think" they may have been coerced, based upon NOTHING BUT THE FACT THAT THEY ARE UNDERAGED AND PREGNANT, and still say that nobody needs to investigate the circumstances of underage pregnancies in abortion clinics.

well when the gay guy starts raping his child and marrying it off to a 40 year old at 13, then you would justify a raid???

Again.

You don't break up families and take children away and begin testing them based upon nothing but a single, anonymous call.

If you'd ever worked with horrendous sex abuse cases and child abuse cases, where kids who are OBVIOUSLY being abused are left with their mothers while the state sorts things out, you would know how completely out in left field this seizure is.

Forum List

Back