What is the greatest crisis the United States has ever had to endure?

What is the greatest crisis the United States has ever had to endure?

• Revolutionary War?

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • The Civil War?

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • WWI?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WWII?

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Cuban Missle Crisis?

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Assassination of JFK?

• Assassination of MLK?

• Assassination of RFK?

• Vietnam War?

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 9/11?

• Total voters
I was only alive for Vietnam and the Crisis in that war was how would the "American" Left turn our military victory after Tet into a defeat.

And you fuckers pulled it off.

Right - and this was the same war where you essentially invaded a country which had never threatened yours, removed a leader who would have won any election, cancelled that election, and killed a half million largely innocent people, right?

And all at a cost of only 50,000 American lives.

Dude - you were on the side of wrong, you lost and you deserved to lose.

I was only alive for Vietnam and the Crisis in that war was how would the "American" Left turn our military victory after Tet into a defeat.

Right - and this was the same war where you essentially invaded a country which had never threatened yours, removed a leader who would have won any election, cancelled that election, and killed a half million largely innocent people, right?

You're an ignorant douchebag.

We never "Deserve" to lose a war. This is what happens when you let modern Democrats run a war.

FDR and Truman had no problem with inflicting massive civilian casualties upon an enemy; the best and brightest who ran Vietnam we're trying their best to make sure it was lost and by golly, they did it!

The Civil War was like the situation we face today: we have a vast number of people (Leftists) solidly against our Constitutional Republic

Were these the same "leftists" who ended slavery?

Democrats ran the plantations, still do

Republicans ended slavery and passed the Civil Rights Bill, we would have done more but LBJ and Al Gore Sr stopped it

The day America lost it's rights as a sovereign nation and sold itself to the banks. 1913 Woodrow Wilson and the Federal Reserve

I will add that when this happen it also gave us the chain of events that caused the death of American military fighting in war in other countries.

Frank I am a Vietnam Vet so you have no reason to throw rocks at me.

But no, the Left didn't cause Vietnam to wind up in the "Lost" category.

You can't defeat a people who have a strong nationalistic reason to fight and die.

Nor can you bomb people back into the stone age..........who all ready live in the stone age.

Afghanistan is another example of our misguided folly in trying to do just that. :cool:

I'm not throwing rocks at you!

We never "Deserve" to lose a war. This is what happens when you let modern Democrats run a war.

FDR and Truman had no problem with inflicting massive civilian casualties upon an enemy; the best and brightest who ran Vietnam we're trying their best to make sure it was lost and by golly, they did it!

You do deserve to lose a war when you are on the side of wrong.

To be honest, every American should be ashamed of the civilian casualties you crow about. I couldn't give a shit about whether the POTU was Rep or Dem.

There is no honor in killing children.

You do deserve to lose a war when you are on the side of wrong.

To be honest, every American should be ashamed of the civilian casualties you crow about. I couldn't give a shit about whether the POTU was Rep or Dem.

There is no honor in killing children.

What if that kid has a gun and is shooting at you or explosives straped to it's body running in your direction?

The obvious answer is the Civil War... However I must vote for 9/11. The attacks on America by Terrorists which hate our very existence have fundamentally changed America forever. To some it would seem combating Terrorism is as simple as putting a timeline on our Military for withdrawing our troops from harm's way, and the WOT can simply be forgotten... This is not going to be the case. The renewed bombings in Iraq blamed on Al Qaeda (Al Qaeda who some idiots claimed were never in Iraq) is proof of that. We can all rest assured that our feel good idea's of abandoning the conflict to fit our ideologies will result in more loss of human life as we move further into the future. The problem with the WOT is that some see a clearly defined end to it, when that is simply not the case. A religion has declared War on us, and our way of life... We cannot reason with extremist religious beliefs, and we cannot reason with those who use them to justify their evil actions. Terrorism, and the WOT will most assuredly last the rest of our lifetimes.

Forum List

Back