Debate surrounds annual $60 million cost of 9/11 memorial

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
NEW YORK (AP) — A debate over balancing the need to honor the memory of Sept. 11 with the enormous costs of running a memorial and museum at ground zero has been reawakened on the eve of the attacks’ 11th anniversary, as officials faced questions Monday over the project’s expected $60 million-a-year operating budget.

The number comes on top of the $700 million construction cost of the National Sept. 11 Memorial and Museum. A report Sunday by The Associated Press noted that $12 million a year would be spent on security, more than the entire operating budgets of Gettysburg National Military Park and the monument that includes the USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor.

Debate surrounds annual $60 million cost of 9/11 memorial - Chicago Sun-Times

i am simply amazed.....all of the bitching about costs and debt and no one comments on this...why?

afraid to say anything about 9/11 that might go against the popular opinion?

Bones does this count as your annual 'whats the point of 9/11 remembrance' thread? :lol:

i see all the whiney bitchin little conservative who whine about debt...dont have a fucking word to say about this spending....60 million a year? and no one is outraged....

sad

paulie..i dont need a special public thread to remember 9/11......i am not a patrioteer...are you?

Forum List

Back