What is the difference betwen Bristol Palin and Jamie Lynn Spears?

and how do you feel about her putting her daugther in that situation?

This is my MAIN, actually ONLY, issue with the entire situation.

Teen girls get pregnant every day. It's a sad commentary on the teen attitude towards sex and responsibility IMO. The parents can only do so much. I do NOT fault Sarah Palin for her daughter being pregnant, I do however fault her for thrusting Bristol into a three-ring circus of national politics.

You really don't have a very high opinion, or very high expectations, of women, do you?

You get pregnant, it's time to grow up. This will blow over and the girl will be made stronger by it. At 17 she's probably actually enjoying it at this point, and I can't see how it's hurting her any so long as her folks are with her and guiding her.

You really don't have a very high opinion, or very high expectations, of women, do you?

well, let's see, since I AM a woman I'd say my opinion and expectations are pretty high as a matter a fact. Perhaps it's BECAUSE I am a woman AND a mother that I find this entire situation so appalling. I just expect MORE from a mother than what Sarah Palin has obviously delivered for her daughter. Sarah has thrust Bristol onto a national stage and in effect made her, in one fell swoop, the poster child for right to life wing nutters.

You get pregnant, it's time to grow up.

I agree and that is hard enough for a 17 year old girl but to then have to do this in front of an ENTIRE world? wow.

This will blow over and the girl will be made stronger by it. At 17 she's probably actually enjoying it at this point, and I can't see how it's hurting her any so long as her folks are with her and guiding her.

so are you saying that Bristol is an attention whore who likes having her personal situation dissected and discussed by people who know absolutely NOTHING about her? talk about having a low opinion of someone.

Personally judging from some of the pictures I've seen of Bristol, she looks quite uncomfortable in the media spotlight.

I'm sorry that you don't expect MORE from mothers but I certainly do. Especially when that mother is being presented as some paragon of family values and virtue.

Sarah Palin is sacraficing her own daughter in her quest to become the VP.

and trust me, I've talked to plenty of women who feel the same way.

Women are not as forgiving as men in these situations.

Bill's not a Conservative.

There may be a smattering of RINOs in the media who condemned her, but other than that it was fodder for selling tabloids to fat housewives at the grocery store and little else.

Bill's my favorite conservative!:badgrin: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5qU4qudJYk]YouTube - Bill O'Reilly freaks out on intern[/ame]

Cough* Cough* B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T!:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
well, let's see, since I AM a woman I'd say my opinion and expectations are pretty high as a matter a fact. Perhaps it's BECAUSE I am a woman AND a mother that I find this entire situation so appalling. I just expect MORE from a mother than what Sarah Palin has obviously delivered for her daughter. Sarah has thrust Bristol onto a national stage and in effect made her, in one fell swoop, the poster child for right to life wing nutters.

I agree and that is hard enough for a 17 year old girl but to then have to do this in front of an ENTIRE world? wow.

so are you saying that Bristol is an attention whore who likes having her personal situation dissected and discussed by people who know absolutely NOTHING about her? talk about having a low opinion of someone.

Personally judging from some of the pictures I've seen of Bristol, she looks quite uncomfortable in the media spotlight.

I'm sorry that you don't expect MORE from mothers but I certainly do. Especially when that mother is being presented as some paragon of family values and virtue.

Sarah Palin is sacraficing her own daughter in her quest to become the VP.

and trust me, I've talked to plenty of women who feel the same way.

Women are not as forgiving as men in these situations.

My liberal neighbor said her staunchly conservative family does not like that Palin's kid got knocked up. I said, "yea but she's keeping the baby", and she said her family doesn't care.

This Palin pick was horriible, and I love it. Don't worry about the people here. They would defend any pick. This Palin pick isn't playing well in any other circles.

Ps. The other day I asked a table of guys who they were voting for. In the past, some said they'd have a hard time voting for Obama. Every one of them now is voting for Obama. These guys don't even follow politics that close. So I'm glad to see people are getting it. The gop can't screw up for 4 yrs and then campaign well and expect everyone wil just forgive and forget.

Mccain did a great job last night. Luckily no one believes him. I don't. He seems to care about us, but then all I have to do is remind myself what the gop's agenda is and that reminds me they are anti middle class.

Mccain even acknowledged what the gop has denied for 8 yrs. They actually booed when he came clean. Then they chanted USA. Sooo out of touch and insensitive.

So mccain is the best of that rotten bunch. I'll give him that much. And I liked what he said last night. Too bad I can't trust him. His speech only tells me his handlers know what the party is doing to america. They didn't admit it for 7 yrs 9 months, so too late.

Obama for president!

why do people think that girls who have babies at young age don't have a clue of the results of unprotected sex. or that even if you use protection you can still have a baby. nothing is 100%

Forum List

Back