What is the difference between mansplaining, and gunsplaining?

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
Mansplaining is the discredited practice where men tell women what they need to know, as women. The women, rightly in my opinion, reject this crap since obviously women know more about being women than men ever will. I’m cool with that. I’m willing to listen to the experts on women’s issues, the women.

But why is it that when we apply that same reality to any other subject, we are inundated by experts who don’t know anything? People who don’t know guns, are the only experts we are supposed to listen to. People who have never fired a gun, are the only ones who have a right to talk about the issue, any one else has a mental issue because they don’t have the hatred of the inanimate object of their disdain.

When Democrats "gunsplain"

We have terms that are created, and defined. A Yacht is defined, as is a Mega Yacht, and a Gigayacht. Each is larger, more opulent than the one before. There are cars, sports cars, super cars, and even hyper cars. Again, each is defined, and has standards. No one is going to claim that a Volkswagen Golf is a Hypercar, even if some teenager races through town at a hundred and twenty miles an hour.

For every single subject, from human anatomy to space travel, we have terms that mean specific things. These terms have definitions, and those terms that are misused make the ignorant look dumb, not the expert in the field. We don’t deride the doctor for correcting someone who says that their appendix hurts while rubbing their shoulder. The Doctor says that the appendix isn’t located in the shoulder. We don’t call the Engineer an idiot who says that the patio is not cement, it’s concrete. We don’t roll our eyes while a woman explains the vulva is not covered by her bra.

So why do we denounce the people who actually know about guns, when discussing firearms? Why do we ignore the people with the most knowledge, while discussing the subject? Is it because the opponents don’t want the public to know the truth? Or is it because the ignorant feel that they know all they need to?

Mansplaining is any time a liberal woman can't back up her mouth when trying to engage a man in intellectual discussion.

Mansplaining is any time a liberal woman can't back up her mouth when trying to engage a man in intellectual discussion.

Where I come from, the term "back up your mouth" refers to being willing and able to fight. But I'm sure you didn't mean it that way. You must be an intellectual.

Where I come from, the term "back up your mouth" refers to being willing and able to fight. But I'm sure you didn't mean it that way. You must be an intellectual.

Then you must come from a violent, shithole neighborhood. You have my pity.

Yeah. You sure told me. Let's have your next veiled reference about how you ain't afraid of girls.

Yeah. You sure told me. Let's have your next veiled reference about how you ain't afraid of girls.

Back up your mouth means that, if you make a claim, be prepared to substantiate it.

Back up your mouth means that, if you make a claim, be prepared to substantiate it.

I thought it meant both: if you say something back it up with words and, if not, be prepared to back it up with fists. Not guns or knives though that could be the case in Sicily or Dodge City.

Greg

No it doesn't. That would be called "backing up your claim" or "supporting your claim". And it has nothing to do with gender nor "mansplaining".

It's OK dude. Your lame attempt failed. You'll survive.

Mansplaining is the discredited practice where men tell women what they need to know, as women. The women, rightly in my opinion, reject this crap since obviously women know more about being women than men ever will. I’m cool with that. I’m willing to listen to the experts on women’s issues, the women.

But why is it that when we apply that same reality to any other subject, we are inundated by experts who don’t know anything? People who don’t know guns, are the only experts we are supposed to listen to. People who have never fired a gun, are the only ones who have a right to talk about the issue, any one else has a mental issue because they don’t have the hatred of the inanimate object of their disdain.

We have terms that are created, and defined. A Yacht is defined, as is a Mega Yacht, and a Gigayacht. Each is larger, more opulent than the one before. There are cars, sports cars, super cars, and even hyper cars. Again, each is defined, and has standards. No one is going to claim that a Volkswagen Golf is a Hypercar, even if some teenager races through town at a hundred and twenty miles an hour.

For every single subject, from human anatomy to space travel, we have terms that mean specific things. These terms have definitions, and those terms that are misused make the ignorant look dumb, not the expert in the field. We don’t deride the doctor for correcting someone who says that their appendix hurts while rubbing their shoulder. The Doctor says that the appendix isn’t located in the shoulder. We don’t call the Engineer an idiot who says that the patio is not cement, it’s concrete. We don’t roll our eyes while a woman explains the vulva is not covered by her bra.

So why do we denounce the people who actually know about guns, when discussing firearms? Why do we ignore the people with the most knowledge, while discussing the subject? Is it because the opponents don’t want the public to know the truth? Or is it because the ignorant feel that they know all they need to?

Republicans are equally ignorant of the topic as well. It’s dumb, but it’s our fault for giving them the platform.

No it doesn't. That would be called "backing up your claim" or "supporting your claim". And it has nothing to do with gender nor "mansplaining".

It's OK dude. Your lame attempt failed. You'll survive.

It seems you have a sore twat.

VAGI-CURE.jpg

I thought it meant both: if you say something back it up with words and, if not, be prepared to back it up with fists.

It means that, whatever it is you just said, be prepared to back it up. I had online discussions, such as we're engaged in now, in mind when I made the statement. The feminist snowflake took exception and now has a sore twat.

I thought it meant both: if you say something back it up with words and, if not, be prepared to back it up with fists.

It means that, whatever it is you just said, be prepared to back it up. I had online discussions, such as we're engaged in now, in mind when I made the statement. The feminist snowflake took exception and now has a sore twat.

Good!!! I hope they put ground glass in his gel!!

Greg

The deliberately misuse terms in order to generate fear. Their logic and arguments fail and they know it, so they set out to mislead the ignorant through emotional appeal.

Accusing a guy of mansplainin is a tactic intended to silence their opponent and win the argument. It's used by desperate women who cannot articulate an argument that can withstand the light of reason.

Forum List

Back