What is the Christian problem?

Can it even be constitutional what religious persons and some politicians are doing, advocating morals or law be made based on christianity. Separation of church and state personally mean something to me because it keeps the focus on America and whats good for it. This land was founded on the principle of being the melting pot of the world. How can we have so many cultures and religions in this country without expecting everyone to bitch and moan that they are under represented or that law, rules or regulations are unfair because one religion is somehow able to sway Americas interests. Separate church and state for good and keep America and its people from beginning a religious civil war in the future.

I've seen it posted on this board and I'm wondering what the "Christian Problem" is.

So, enlighten me.

It’s not so much a ‘problem’ as it is a conflict, where most social conservatives, many of whom are fundamentalist Christians, wish to ignore settled and accepted First and Fourth Amendment jurisprudence, such as separation doctrine and the right to privacy concerning abortion, and bring church and State into closer union.

Needless to say, advocates of individual liberty and government restriction oppose the efforts by many fundamentalist Christians to conjoin church and state, hence the conflict.

And of course many conservatives incorrectly infer that separation doctrine somehow amounts to ‘hostility’ toward Christianity, when nothing could be further from the truth.

Prayer in public schools, nativity scenes, and religious symbols sanctioned by the state absent a secular purpose designed to promote religion clearly violate the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.

As Justice O’Connor correctly observed in Lynch v. Donnelly (1984):

The Establishment Clause prohibits government from making adherence to a religion relevant in any way to a person's standing in the political community.

Endorsement [of religion] sends a message to nonadherents that they are outsiders, not full members of the political community, and an accompanying message to adherents that they are insiders, favored members of the political community.

LIES - separation of church and state is about protecting the church from the state and preventing a common state run religion --- like secularism....

It's a bastardization of what the intentions were at the time in an effort that is the cause for the expanding me, me, me in todays secularized nation.

I've seen it posted on this board and I'm wondering what the "Christian Problem" is.

So, enlighten me.

It’s not so much a ‘problem’ as it is a conflict, where most social conservatives, many of whom are fundamentalist Christians, wish to ignore settled and accepted First and Fourth Amendment jurisprudence, such as separation doctrine and the right to privacy concerning abortion, and bring church and State into closer union.

Needless to say, advocates of individual liberty and government restriction oppose the efforts by many fundamentalist Christians to conjoin church and state, hence the conflict.

And of course many conservatives incorrectly infer that separation doctrine somehow amounts to ‘hostility’ toward Christianity, when nothing could be further from the truth.

Prayer in public schools, nativity scenes, and religious symbols sanctioned by the state absent a secular purpose designed to promote religion clearly violate the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.

As Justice O’Connor correctly observed in Lynch v. Donnelly (1984):

The Establishment Clause prohibits government from making adherence to a religion relevant in any way to a person's standing in the political community.

Endorsement [of religion] sends a message to nonadherents that they are outsiders, not full members of the political community, and an accompanying message to adherents that they are insiders, favored members of the political community.

That separation doctrine does not exist in the United States Constitution, and the decision of the supreme court to create one, was an insult to the Constitution and the founders.

For some idiotic reason, sane people somehow believe that just because a lawyer is elevated to the supreme court, that person somehow becomes a profoundly astute wise man or woman. To the contrary, they are individually just as varied in intelligence and knowledge than the resto of the population. Collectively, they often allow their prejudices and ignorance to rule.

Although we all have to live by the decisions of that court, good and bad, we are not obligated to agree with them on every subject.

The best judges of what the Constitution actually means, are the people who wrote and ratified the document. Their actions are highly instructive as to this false concept of separation of church and state. One of the first actions of the House of Representatives and of the senate was to appoint chaplains to lead each house in prayer at the start of every session. Obviously, they had no belief that the constitution prohibited such action. Still today, both chambers have chaplains and both chambers still conduct prayer prior to each session. Even the supreme court opens its session with a religious statement. "God save this honorable court."

Then, we have nine divinely wise and perceptive lawyers, who ignore this patent evidence of what they founders thought, and pick up on one sentence, of one letter, written by Thomas Jefferson, to turn the religious clause on its head.

Yes, we have to live with this idiotic decision because that is how our government works. But we don't have to pretend that it was not an idiotic decision.

So, enlighten me.

It's easy. There is the Christian religion that started in the Middle East. But the same way that religion branched out all over the Middle East and Europe, it also spread here as we all know. But similar to the Muslim Religion with it's different sects, it's the same with Christianity.

The Republicans Party has been taken over by a kind of American Christianity. Of course, the Christianity we know doesn't believe in "let him die" and "feed the poor and they will breed". The Christian religion we know believes in helping the poor. Even the phrase, "give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day but teach a man to fish and he'll eat for years" has been ascribed at one time or another to the Christian Bible. Even though that phrase was never part of the Bible, it seemed to be central to the Christian Religion we are all familiar with.

But those days are gone. At the Republican Presidential debates, shouts of "let him die" and applauding executions proves that the American Right Wing Christian religion is not the same as the traditional religion most of us are familiar with.

In fact, right wingers on this very board have somehow justified their new found positions on many things. The worship of money. Caring for the fetus until it's born and then losing interest shortly after birth. The promotion of violence and war.

Even Paul Ryan said the budget he put together, which was condemned by the Catholic Church, says his faith guided it's creation.

Today's American Christian religion practiced by the right wing promotes the worst humanity has to offer. When Right Wing religions leaders say that 9/11 was caused by God punishing feminists or Katrina was caused by God punishing gay people and so on, it only demonstrates how low that religion practiced by the Republican Party has sunk. There was no outrage when Andre Bauer or Michele Bachmann said let them starve or feed the poor and they will breed. These aren't the words of Jesus. This type of rhetoric is dangerous. Which is what the Republican Party clearly has become.

To show how bad it's become, Republicans have nominated a man whose religion is taught to be a cult at Liberty University. Worse, if you are a Christian, it's blasphemy. Mitt Romney believes God has a body and lives on the planet Kobol and when he visited here, he had physical sex with Mary. Since they weren't married, that would make her a "whore". They had a son who was Jesus who came to America and lived with the Indians and they believe Missouri was the "Garden of Eden". Up until their religious tax deduction was threatened by the government, they believed blacks had the "Mark of Cain" and so were barred from the inside of the Mormon Temple. This is all true. There is nothing here false.

The Republican Right Wing Christians, 90% of the Republican Party, hate this black president so much, they are willing to accept blasphemy to their religion to see him removed from office.

So this "American Right Wing Christianity" is very, very different than any previous Christian religion.

And you guys stop calling me a liar. You know every word here is true.

So, enlighten me.

It's easy. There is the Christian religion that started in the Middle East. But the same way that religion branched out all over the Middle East and Europe, it also spread here as we all know. But similar to the Muslim Religion with it's different sects, it's the same with Christianity.

The Republicans Party has been taken over by a kind of American Christianity. Of course, the Christianity we know doesn't believe in "let him die" and "feed the poor and they will breed". The Christian religion we know believes in helping the poor. Even the phrase, "give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day but teach a man to fish and he'll eat for years" has been ascribed at one time or another to the Christian Bible. Even though that phrase was never part of the Bible, it seemed to be central to the Christian Religion we are all familiar with.

But those days are gone. At the Republican Presidential debates, shouts of "let him die" and applauding executions proves that the American Right Wing Christian religion is not the same as the traditional religion most of us are familiar with.

In fact, right wingers on this very board have somehow justified their new found positions on many things. The worship of money. Caring for the fetus until it's born and then losing interest shortly after birth. The promotion of violence and war.

Even Paul Ryan said the budget he put together, which was condemned by the Catholic Church, says his faith guided it's creation.

Today's American Christian religion practiced by the right wing promotes the worst humanity has to offer. When Right Wing religions leaders say that 9/11 was caused by God punishing feminists or Katrina was caused by God punishing gay people and so on, it only demonstrates how low that religion practiced by the Republican Party has sunk. There was no outrage when Andre Bauer or Michele Bachmann said let them starve or feed the poor and they will breed. These aren't the words of Jesus. This type of rhetoric is dangerous. Which is what the Republican Party clearly has become.

To show how bad it's become, Republicans have nominated a man whose religion is taught to be a cult at Liberty University. Worse, if you are a Christian, it's blasphemy. Mitt Romney believes God has a body and lives on the planet Kobol and when he visited here, he had physical sex with Mary. Since they weren't married, that would make her a "whore". They had a son who was Jesus who came to America and lived with the Indians and they believe Missouri was the "Garden of Eden". Up until their religious tax deduction was threatened by the government, they believed blacks had the "Mark of Cain" and so were barred from the inside of the Mormon Temple. This is all true. There is nothing here false.

The Republican Right Wing Christians, 90% of the Republican Party, hate this black president so much, they are willing to accept blasphemy to their religion to see him removed from office.

So this "American Right Wing Christianity" is very, very different than any previous Christian religion.

And you guys stop calling me a liar. You know every word here is true.

Right wingers are welcome to point out any mistakes.

Forum List

Back