what is the best adblocker

Persuader

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2020
Since I do a lot searches I got tired of the sponsored ads aka fast search.

downloaded U Block....so far works good and it is free.

I use three... Ghostery, AdBlocker Ultimate, and uBlock Origin. Running the Firefox browser, and Duck Duck Go for the search engine. It's all free.

Adblock Plus is what I have used for years.
That and NoSript - which is a great tool you can turn off and on to be able to get around any paywall

Adblock Plus is what I have used for years.
That and NoSript - which is a great tool you can turn off and on to be able to get around any paywall
I have used Adblock Plus as well as several others and have not noticed much difference. They all work by blocking servers know for sending out ads. Those servers are constantly changing so I guess the quality of service depends how fast they can add new servers.
My problem is blocking email ads. I must get 15 or 20 a day.

Have noticed any difference between AdBlock and AdBlock Plus?

I am looking for a filter that I can use with Chrome that will block all emails not in my contacts.

Last edited:
I have used Adblock Plus as well as several other and have not noticed much difference. They all work by blocking servers know for sending out ads.

My problem is blocking email ads. I must get 15 or 20 a day.
Our company uses Google spam filters... probably the best there is.
Which is weird, I use gmail for home email - you would think they would use the same spam filters, but clearly not. I get about that many also.

Our company uses Google spam filters... probably the best there is.
Which is weird, I use gmail for home email - you would think they would use the same spam filters, but clearly not. I get about that many also.
Gmail is a good email client. It's free and loaded with features. You can create email filters that will block any email going to your inbox but it takes a lot of effort. I wish they would offered a filter that would check your contact list and only move email to your inbox if the sender is in contacts.

I prefer Firefox and Chrome over Windows Edge. Turn off pop-up's in internet settings. On Windows PC's usually any virus/ spyware/ malware software you use also will have support to block ADs and to stop ADware. Make sure no AD software downloaded on your PC. You can check this under add/remove programs. Delete in browser cookies, temporary internet files, history. Make sure default webpage in browser is not set to an AD site or that your not being redirected to an AD site. A good habit is to avoid malicious sites or sites with a lot of AD pop-ups. Try to avoid accepting cookies and allowing websites to track you, unless it is a website you always use that you trust. ... For email make sure a good email filter is used. Gmail is a good free email to use as others mentioned, just got make sure apply filters. You can also use software that works with email to trap suspicious emails.

A good reason why I love using Linux or a Mac rather than Windows ... ADware not so much an issue on those Platforms, but I still use Windows at work.

Last edited:
Tampermonkey ad-blocker.

Link

Script away, make it yours. :)

Well... maybe... maybe 2% of the population would know how to use it.

It's my favorite and that was the OP question. For me? It beats the hell out of creating a template from the ground up. The template's already created and the library is tiny. It works in conjunction with ad-block and allows me to customize ad-block ... as it were.

It's my favorite and that was the OP question. For me? It beats the hell out of creating a template from the ground up. The template's already created and the library is tiny. It works in conjunction with ad-block and allows me to customize ad-block ... as it were.
Granted... I was just sayin very few people could make it useful.
Me personally, I use a combination of AdBlock+ and NoScript.
For what I do... the combination works great.
Adblock for blocking ads... NoScript to cruise right on by paywalls.

Forum List

Back