CDZ What is Race? What is 'White Race'? Where do These Concepts Come From?

"Affirmative action," "diversity," "cultural awareness," etc. Feel free to add to the list. Like the Russian Revolution, the Civil Rights movement was a wonderful event until it was hijacked by the Radical Left. Today, African-Americans feel more oppressed than they did 50 years ago. Well done!

"Affirmative action," "diversity," "cultural awareness," etc. Feel free to add to the list. Like the Russian Revolution, the Civil Rights movement was a wonderful event until it was hijacked by the Radical Left. Today, African-Americans feel more oppressed than they did 50 years ago. Well done!
No actually they dont. They just feel like they were fools for believing integration would stop whites from being racist immediately.

No actually they dont. They just feel like they were fools for believing integration would stop whites from being racist immediately.

So do they feel less oppressed today? (yes/no)
You dont have permission to limit my options.

Slightly less.

So after 50 years of every conceivable law and government program to remedy past discrimination, African-Americans feel "slightly less" oppressed? Hmm...

Slightly less.

So after 50 years of every conceivable law and government program to remedy past discrimination, African-Americans feel "slightly less" oppressed? Hmm...

What law or government program was constructed specifically for Blacks?

Slightly less.

Do the 75% of blacks who live above the poverty line feel oppressed? I doubt it. Certainly not the rich, upper middle class and middle-class. That's most black people, but we never distinguish these success stories from the cliched "thug life" "hip hop" failures that we love to concentrate on. That we love to pretend are representative of "black people".

I will never get it. You seem to hate any attempt to help people. Why? The poor are very costly and disruptive. They are a real problem. Why would you expect people to stop trying to solve that problem? To offer a little perspective, in 150 years African Americans have gone from a state of utter destitution and cultural ruin which affected literally 100% of their population to their current state where they have achieved stable financial and cultural conditions for 75% percent of their community. That despite all the institutional obstacles put in their way until quite recently. Seems to be going pretty well. We've done things (welfare) which made matters worse. That's OK. There is no human endeavor in which people didn't have to first fail before they succeed. Sometimes they have to endure failing many, many times before achieving anything, and sometimes they never achieve anything. That's no reason not to try. Human beings have learned to do all kinds of amazing things.

Ah, dissembling once again...
No but I did just disassemble your strawman and forced you to deflect.

So is your ignorance of laws and programs benefiting Blacks feigned or genuine?

All I know is that your deflection is genuine since you cant seem to supply even one program after all this time.

All I know is that your deflection is genuine since you cant seem to supply even one program after all this time.

Well, let's start with the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Now let's hear your word mincing: It's not a "program;" it doesn't specifically mention Blacks, and more women (being 50+% of the population) have benefited from Affirmative Action than Blacks (10+%) Did I miss anything?

Oh, and MLK was actually fighting discrimination against Native Americans?

Well, let's start with the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Now let's hear your word mincing: It's not a "program;" it doesn't specifically mention Blacks, and more women (being 50+% of the population) have benefited from Affirmative Action than Blacks (10+%) Did I miss anything?

Oh, and MLK was actually fighting discrimination against Native Americans?
You made my rebuttal for me. Good job. if you know all that you must be stalling since you cant seem to find a program or law that fits your claim and my question.

Do the 75% of blacks who live above the poverty line feel oppressed? I doubt it. Certainly not the rich, upper middle class and middle-class. That's most black people, but we never distinguish these success stories from the cliched "thug life" "hip hop" failures that we love to concentrate on. That we love to pretend are representative of "black people".

I will never get it.
I dont get it either, other than it helps to maintain racial segregation by blacks so that they dont mix with whites.

What the point is I will never know either.

Slightly less.

I will never get it. You seem to hate any attempt to help people. Why? The poor are very costly and disruptive. They are a real problem. Why would you expect people to stop trying to solve that problem? To offer a little perspective, in 150 years African Americans have gone from a state of utter destitution and cultural ruin which affected literally 100% of their population to their current state where they have achieved stable financial and cultural conditions for 75% percent of their community. That despite all the institutional obstacles put in their way until quite recently. Seems to be going pretty well. We've done things (welfare) which made matters worse. That's OK. There is no human endeavor in which people didn't have to first fail before they succeed. Sometimes they have to endure failing many, many times before achieving anything, and sometimes they never achieve anything. That's no reason not to try. Human beings have learned to do all kinds of amazing things.
I wouldnt say oppressed. More like micro-agressed. The constant stream of whites talking on the internet but humbling themselves in public lets us know that there is always a large amount of white fear and inferiority complex driven behavior that grates on your nerves. The Black people that are not successful have to deal with that and much more police brutality the successful Blacks have an easier time avoiding.

The constant stream of whites talking on the internet but humbling themselves in public lets us know that there is always a large amount of white fear and inferiority complex driven behavior that grates on your nerves.
Assuming you're correct, how you react to that is more important. I have had people, perhaps unknowingly, shrink away or frown when they see me but when I get closer they smile and act nice. I know for a fact that this was because of race. I knew their discomfort or repulsion was because of their prejudiced assumptions or experiences with my race. I therefore knew their politeness was either cowardly or an act. And yes, it happens more often than most think and it grates.

But if I were to put a chip on my shoulder and let it influence negative assumptions and treatment of others who are not of my race, then I become them. And the problem gets bigger for everyone.

The constant stream of whites talking on the internet but humbling themselves in public lets us know that there is always a large amount of white fear and inferiority complex driven behavior that grates on your nerves.
Assuming you're correct, how you react to that is more important. I have had people, perhaps unknowingly, shrink away or frown when they see me but when I get closer they smile and act nice. I know for a fact that this was because of race. I knew their discomfort or repulsion was because of their prejudiced assumptions or experiences with my race. I therefore knew their politeness was either cowardly or an act. And yes, it happens more often than most think and it grates.

But if I were to put a chip on my shoulder and let it influence negative assumptions and treatment of others who are not of my race, then I become them. And the problem gets bigger for everyone.

I thought this part of your post was so important I had to quote it and bold it.

...how you react to that is more important.

I am curious about the onus being put on Blacks to handle the situation in a personally developed manner?

Why is your action (assuming you are white) less significant than my reaction to it?

Considering the history of Black and white relations in this country and elsewhere what reason would I as a Black person have to be initially trusting of a white person in your estimation?

Last edited:
The Black people that are not successful have to deal with that and much more police brutality the successful Blacks have an easier time avoiding.

Unsuccessful people of all races encounter police aggression. I've lived in lower class neighborhoods of many racial groups and the common factor was that there was a disproportionately large number of disrespectful and belligerent assholes and bitches

Police don't frequent bad areas because there are Blacks living there. They do it because lots of unlawful scumbags live there.

And they don't get aggressive with only Blacks. They do it with anyone who greets them with aggression and or resistance. As I once heard and firmly believe - if you have to scream that you didn't do anything wrong, you did something wrong.

The Black people that are not successful have to deal with that and much more police brutality the successful Blacks have an easier time avoiding.

Unsuccessful people of all races encounter police aggression. I've lived in lower class neighborhoods of many racial groups and the common factor was that there was a disproportionately large number of disrespectful and belligerent assholes and bitches

Police don't frequent bad areas because there are Blacks living there. They do it because lots of unlawful scumbags live there.

And they don't get aggressive with only Blacks. They do it with anyone who greets them with aggression and or resistance. As I once heard and firmly believe - if you have to scream that you didn't do anything wrong, you did something wrong.

That may be true. I know my Mexican and Asian homies had to deal with police brutality as well. I disagree that that there are more assholes and Bs. In fact I would say it was the opposite.

I know for a fact police frequent Black areas to keep Black people in line once Civil Rights gave us more freedom. This is what the entire war on drugs is about starting with Nixon, Reagan and Clinton. This is why cops get the reaction they do. They harrass people that havent done anything and they actively assist and protect the larger drug dealers that destroy Black neighborhoods.

While they may not only get aggressive with Blacks the reasons are varied as to why they get aggressive and when. A comment from a white boy delivered in the identical tone a Black guy may use can elicit an attack from the cop if a Black guy said it. I know because I saw it for 18 years of my life. Ironically the "screaming" you speak of is to draw as much attention to the encounter. Its not in some attempt to get the cop to believe you. Its a foregone conclusion that the cop doesnt really care.

I am curious about the onus being put on Blacks to handle the situation in a personally developed manner.

The onus on Blacks is enormous. That's not right but that's how things have worked out. But bearing the greater burden is not an excuse to fail or rebel. If anything, overcoming a greater burden shows greater character. It a question of what you want show to both your allies and enemies alike - that you can meet vile behavior with anger and violence or that you can meet and overcome diversity with your greater moral character and greater intelligence. It's damn hard and incredibly unfair but I think there's no denying the benefits of rising above the scum

Last edited:

Forum List

Back